Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

Those start/stop pushes kill guys. Fandango was over as all hell and was getting a nice push. Then not. Now he's fucked. Some guys just can't recover from it.

Ziggler's been going thru it for years now.

How can you get behind a guy or want to hate a guy if the WWE themselves seem to give up on them? Then 4 months later decide to push them again...and then stop again. It's maddening

It's pretty clearly, if the company doesn't want you to make it, you won't make it.

In some ways I support it. People like Ryder and Fandango just aren't cut to make it big. Fandango was fun for a couple months, but his thing was always bound to get stale.

Ryder, while a sad story of someone who worked very hard to get himself over and had it all taken away, just didn't have it either. I mean, can you really picture Zack fucking Ryder in a spot comparable to someone like Orton, Bryan, Ziggler or Sheamus today? I can't.

No, but they should strike while the iron's hot. For example, The Godfather--that guy was shit but he was hot for a brief time and they ran with it, gave him a title and made money. Then natural order was restored, and he moved back down.

Fandango could've had an IC title run for a month or 2, sold some t-shirts and made money for everyone. But they just cut his legs out from under him.

Agreed that not everyone is main event material, nor should be. But you also have to give a guy a shot to see what they have. But at least give them a chance.

They are giving Rowan a chance. In my eyes, he doesn't seem ready and he's sort of clumsy. But let's see what he can do first

it looks like josh matthews will be joining tna commentary team when tna makes their epic not downward but totally upward move to destination america.

Good, Tenay has been phoning it in for a long time now. I don't know much about Matthews but he can't be any worse than Matt Striker has been on Lucha Underground recently.

Angle can't even handle the lax Tna road schedule. How could he handle a WWE one?

He's right where he should be. And this will enable him to live a few extra years. A WWE schedule would either kill him or shave many years off his life

Edited by Sixes

Angle can't even handle the lax Tna road schedule. How could he handle a WWE one?

He's right where he should be. And this will enable him to live a few extra years. A WWE would either kill him or shave many years off his life

yeah i agree, the guy is banged up badly he tore his ACL back in may and has basically been just a figure head in an on air role with no wrestling.

We've got a good group of full timers at the moment, with a few more returning from injury soon. I'm glad Rock, Lesnar and Sting only make sporadic appearances. There's no need to bring back another fossil.

Aye, I mean...

Bryan, Ambrose, Rollins, Reigns, Wyatt, Ziggler, Ryback, Cesaro... And then there's the obvious ones like Cena and Orton as well as Show and Henry I suppose. Maybe Sheamus. Tag division isn't great but with guys like the Rhodes boys and Miz/Mizdow (and to a lesser extent the Uso's) they're getting there. And guys like Harper and Rowan are being built as singles guys too now.

All in all I'd say that's a very decent full-time roster. The ingredients are all there. So now it comes to proper booking and building...

Holy fuck, CM Punk confirmed multi-fight contract with UFC starting in 2015.

oy2wcB5.png

He's probably going to be middleweight, he's going to get fucking murdered ahahahahah

wow!

yeah im wondering how this is going to go. its not easy jumping from pro wrestling into mma, brock lesnar did it but the guy was a college division I wrestling champion. bobby lashley was a 3x amateur wrestling champion and also wrestled in the army. cm punk to my knowledge has none of that. im not saying he cant make it but jumping into this at 36 years old he definitely has an uphill climb ahead of him and dana white will not go easy on him, lesnar got mir, herring and couture right off the bat.