Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

Punk says his no compete clause situation was settled on his birthday, October 26th. Dana wouldn't have signed him if he wasn't legally able to do so. Dana's not THAT stupid.

Punk is gonna get murdered in the cage. He complained about Ryback working stiff.....what's he think is gonna happen in the octagon?

• Like 1

I doubt he'll fight anyone legit tbh.

He's 36, has multiple concussions, and bad knees. Chances are pretty good it'll never get that far.
He could be 26, have no concussions and perfect knees and his special move of whining when people get a little rough would still be just as innefective in the UFC.

Punk says his no compete clause situation was settled on his birthday, October 26th. Dana wouldn't have signed him if he wasn't legally able to do so. Dana's not THAT stupid.

Punk is gonna get murdered in the cage. He complained about Ryback working stiff.....what's he think is gonna happen in the octagon?

That's different. In wrestling, you're not supposed to have your ribs broken from a stiff kick or thrown onto the concrete floor from the stage.

Well, if he didn't like getting hit for real in the WWE, I don't think he'll like it any more in the UFC, where his opponent really will be looking to hurt him. I think he'll turn out to be just like Brock in the sense that he won't be able to take a punch.

• Like 1

If the guy's got his heart set on it, he could go a long way in the UFC with help from Dana to utilize his star power.

He's already got MMA in his background, he just needs months to refine and bulk. He wasn't feeling "fine" in the WWE for a long time, but with his body finally recuperated and his heart/mind in a better place, I think he'll surprise a lot of people when he debuts.

They threw Brock to Frank Mir in his UFC debut.....I hope they throw Punk to the wolves too. I bet he ends up fighting someone like Bisping in his debut.

then they followed that up by giving him mark coleman who got hurt then it was heath herring who was a long time veteran fighting a bunch of legends in pride fighting and then they gave brock couture so i dont think white will go easy on punk, i think he will give punk a veteran right off the bat to see what he is made of.