Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

Roman Reigns wins Superstar of the Year? Are they serious? At least in previous years it was semi believable.

I guess that's the sign that he really will get the mega push this coming year. Just don't know why. Even Cena had a fanbase surge behind him once a decade ago before they overdone ir. Reigns has what?

On the other hand, I'm just reading the results. Can't be bothered with 3 hour episodes of Raw.

Roman Reigns wins Superstar of the Year? Are they serious? At least in previous years it was semi believable.

I guess that's the sign that he really will get the mega push this coming year. Just don't know why. Even Cena had a fanbase surge behind him once a decade ago before they overdone ir. Reigns has what?

On the other hand, I'm just reading the results. Can't be bothered with 3 hour episodes of Raw.

yeah the reigns "win" was pretty much what everyone was talking about today it seems.

Reigns is Vince's new Cena. Just typical Vince thinking wrestling is still about big stale powerhouse guys like it was in the 80's. It was hilarious when he said on Austin's podcast recently that he wasn't out of touch with today's audience. It's even more hilarious now.

Crowds just massively rallied behind Bryan and then they all got really excited about Ambrose while Rollins was generating some real heel heat. So they decide yeah, you know what, let's ignore that and shove Reigns down their throat instead.

To Reigns' defence, I do think he has potential. But not for this kind of super push (yet). You already had the ball rolling with Ambrose and Rollins. Why favour this idea over what's obviously working? That's pure arrogance on Vince's part. Again.

If they want to make Reigns a star, having him beat Lesnar at Mania is not the way to go. All that'll do is turn the fans hostile towards him.

What they need to do is have him beat Cena. Now that probably means Cena beats Lesnar at the Rumble, but I don't even think Reigns' ascension match needs to be for the title. Just have Cena lose his title shot at TLC, try to earn it back at the Rumble and get eliminated by Reigns.

To me, this card:

Lesnar vs. Bryan (WWE Title)

Cena vs. Reigns

Rusev vs. The Rock

Triple H vs. Sting

looks a lot better than:

Lesnar vs. Reigns (WWE Title)

Cena vs. Rusev

HHH vs. Sting

Bryan vs. Rollins or some shit

If they want to make Reigns a star, having him beat Lesnar at Mania is not the way to go. All that'll do is turn the fans hostile towards him.

What they need to do is have him beat Cena. Now that probably means Cena beats Lesnar at the Rumble, but I don't even think Reigns' ascension match needs to be for the title. Just have Cena lose his title shot at TLC, try to earn it back at the Rumble and get eliminated by Reigns.

To me, this card:

Lesnar vs. Bryan (WWE Title)

Ambrose - Rollins

Cena vs. Reigns

Rusev vs. The Rock

Triple H vs. Sting

looks a lot better than:

Lesnar vs. Reigns (WWE Title)

Cena vs. Rusev

HHH vs. Sting

Bryan vs. Rollins or some shit

I like. I've also taken the liberty to add Ambrose-Rollins to your list.

Maybe add Wyatt-Undertaker?

I think they're still going with Sting-Taker. Which would be my dream match in 1997.

I don't think Taker will wrestle at Mania this year.

I'm pretty sure he will. But I also kind of want it to be his retirement match. Have him go into the HOF the night before. He's turning 50 in March. It'd make sense. And I kind of want it to be against either Kane or Wyatt, if we have to keep it within the current roster.

I'm a huge Jericho mark but that guy needs to shut the hell up already about CM Punk. Between his many interviews and his podcast, I'm sick of him talking about "people forget I was in a similar situation with wrestling in 2005 yada yada yah." Like, Punks done. It doesn't matter. Move along.

Kinda agree with what Punk said, seems jericho is using the whole fiasco to get more attention to his podcast. How many times I see recently "tune into my podcast this week where I'll address the CM Punk situation and his comments!"

I don't think Taker will wrestle at Mania this year.

I'm pretty sure he will. But I also kind of want it to be his retirement match. Have him go into the HOF the night before. He's turning 50 in March. It'd make sense. And I kind of want it to be against either Kane or Wyatt, if we have to keep it within the current roster.

i agree, i just want to see him have his farewell match at mania that ends in a win. it would be cool seeing undertaker and kane go at it one more time. i really dont want to see a taker/sting match to be honest.

Skimmed through NXT Revolution, watched the whole main event.

Pretty good match, though undoubtedly the NXT nerds will overrate it and call it MOTY when it was really about a **** match.

Looking forward to Owens vs. Zayn. If it's anything like their work in the indies it should be a great feud.

I see potential in Zayn to become the next annoying superface who never turns heel or loses clean. Calling it now, in 3 years ZAYNWINSLOL will be a thing in WWE.

Edited by bacardimayne

I forgive Paul Levesque for overplaying his Hogan Card all those years ago. While his Reign Of Terror turned me off wrestling for over a decade, NXT has reeled me back.

Bah, doesn't have Cena on it. People won't watch.

They'll never know until they try.

I forgive Paul Levesque for overplaying his Hogan Card all those years ago. While his Reign Of Terror turned me off wrestling for over a decade, NXT has reeled me back.

Bah, doesn't have Cena on it. People won't watch.

They'll never know until they try.

I thought the second part of my post covered that.

Cenawinslol

That was stupid. They should have saved Reigns for the Rumble. I heard his music hit and knew Cena was winning.

Nah, everyone knew he was gonna be back by then so it would've been such a flat surprise. Least there was an element of "Oh they're doing this now?" with him coming back tonight. Expect Orton and possibly Bryan at the Rumble, with the usual one offs.