Post pictures of random stuff you've bought recently

Budweiser

9 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

How much Interest you paying?

I fought you would of been alight for dough as you work every day 

Still don't mean I got fuckin' 7 grand lying around doing fuck all :lol:  I dunno how much interest it is offhand, I think it works out as me paying like....8 something by the end of it. 

42 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

That ain't bad considering your loaning 7K in effect have seen far worse interest rates 

I just really wanted one for ages, that exact one, the Submariner.  It occupies an odd position in luxury watches in that its like...the kind of go-to watch for anyone that is into watches so as such its often considered like...the one that people buy who don't know fuck all about watches but want a posh watch.  You have to get on a waiting list to even get one.  Its like one of the first ever divers watches, historical in that respect, one of if not the first water resistant timepieces.  Its also the Bond watch, which will forever give it a certain value, sort of like the way the Aston Martin DB5 carries that cache with it that inflates its price.  I've always loved watches but I didn't wanna just wear any old ordinary bollocks (though I often did in my youth) and then I figured like, alright HP and all that interest is a bit of a pisstake but fuck it, what am I gonna do, wait til in fuckin' 60 and get one then?  Its about the only belonging I've ever had where I really like...value it.  I did buy a Breitling about 8 years ago but I sold it after a few weeks, didn't really appreciate watches in the same way, though I was into em I was just into em cuz like...I knew they were the bollocks but I didn't know actually why and when you get into things on a fuckin' geeky level it gives you a better appreciation.

My problem is I've got fuckin' rich mans tastes and fuck all money :lol:  I don't really want much in life but the things I do want are well outside of the usual remit of my social class :lol: 

On 31/01/2019 at 5:31 PM, Len Cnut said:

My problem is I've got fuckin' rich mans tastes and fuck all money :lol:  I don't really want much in life but the things I do want are well outside of the usual remit of my social class :lol: 

Outside of your social class? Doesn’t your old man drive an Aston Martin? :lol: 

23 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Outside of your social class? Doesn’t your old man drive an Aston Martin? :lol: 

He got a new one recently actually, a DBS.  But buying a flash motor doesn't mean you've raised your social class, you stay what you were born, its your kids that have a shot at being a different class, when I was born he drove a van or a truck or something and Mum worked in a factory, no matter what money I make I'm still working class.  He used to have an E Type when he was a lad and he used to work in a factory then.  The old man didn't start making good money until I was old enough to get a job, which is a shame, wish it had been earlier I could've ponced a load of money off him :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut

10 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

5037f867754de78417f8789632fa8735.jpg

my man here’s got a Submariner on too.

Wasnt meaning to knock it, if that's how I came across. It's a nice looking watch, just dint align wth my imaginary Len's punker garb. So I will continue to picture you as the Brown Mike Ness, now wearing a Submariner

9LTPGDyh.jpg

13 minutes ago, soon said:

Wasnt meaning to knock it, if that's how I came across. It's a nice looking watch, just dint align wth my imaginary Len's punker garb. So I will continue to picture you as the Brown Mike Ness, now wearing a Submariner

9LTPGDyh.jpg

Levis and a white t shirt, thats me.  Well, technically a suit most of the time cuz I’m working but after that I dress like a bum.  Used to dress proper punk in my teens and early to mid 20s though.  Well, I say proper punk it was more like odd shit.  Spikey hair and all that.

7 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Levis and a white t shirt, thats me.  Well, technically a suit most of the time cuz I’m working but after that I dress like a bum.  Used to dress proper punk in my teens and early to mid 20s though.  Well, I say proper punk it was more like odd shit.  Spikey hair and all that.

Nice, I guess I was picturing the early 20s you. And even know that Im corrected when you say you wear suits I immediately picture those Lydon style suits. But now Im thinking its actually a nice, fitted, modern ensemble.

Coincidentally, that shirt Slash is wearing is basically every long sleeve shirt I own as a worker in an almost-kinda-barely northern-ish town. That one would be like my 'Church and Court shirt' because its got proper buttons instead of snaps :lol:

2 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Can't be dealing with trying to upload pictures but went to see Ricky Gervais in Aylesbury yesterday ticket was a score so result 

What, he's got a new set goin'?  Oh cool, so there should be a DVD along in a minute, I like Rick, he's OK.  Fuckin' goes on a bit about atheism though.

7 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

What, he's got a new set goin'?  Oh cool, so there should be a DVD along in a minute, I like Rick, he's OK.  Fuckin' goes on a bit about atheism though.

Oh come on! You used to be the master at destroying God botherers. You've gone all soft in your old age!

8 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

You, but like, erm, a long time ago. 

I have an awful memory, probably did, I do like to balance things out a bit too in terms of giving the other side its dues too.  The way I see it is everybody has some kind of a crutch in life, everyone has something that, if you take it away from them, life would become untenable and I feel like religions a bit like that.  I hate pushing a certain point of view too much too, it makes me feel like a salesman and I have to do enough of that for my daily bread to be doing it in my spare time.  But yeah, I imagine I probably did a bit.  Also, I come off a lot...harsher than I mean to be because I swear so much and that doesn't translate so well written down always.

• Like 1

Of course religion shouldn't be taken from people. People should reject it themselves because they realize they can get on just as well without such irrational nonsense. Except for the conviction that death isn't the end, and the immense relief that is found in such a belief, there is nothing in religion that can't be replaced through secular organizations/mechanisms (community, charity, tradition, rituals, someone to confess in, someone to talk to, a sense of belonging, a sense that you are protected, a meaning, etc).

P.S.: I don't really like Gervais' standup, but I think The Office and Extras were brilliant, and so were his Emmy speeches :lol:

• Like 1