Budweiser

Post pictures of random stuff you've bought recently

It's funny that Americans are worried about Huawei, when their own government is spying on them since decades. 

• GNFNR 1

10 minutes ago, Sosso said:

It's funny that Americans are worried about Huawei, when their own government is spying on them since decades. 

There's nothing worse than the feeling of foreign eyes on you.  My mate Tommy from Luton told me that.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, soon said:

Taken as individual examples, the internet of things may seem like an innocuous presence as it listens, monitors and watches. But taken as a whole there are serious implications.

Take this example of people hacking into someone else's smart phone enabled vibrating panties. 

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/aug/10/vibrator-phone-app-we-vibe-4-plus-bluetooth-hack

There really is no limit to the things we're willing to make available for others. 🤔

• Haha 1

What the fuck is that thing Soulie got anyway?  Looks like a posh air freshner.

6 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

What the fuck is that thing Soulie got anyway?  Looks like a posh air freshner.

🤣 it's a Google Home. A listening device that can control your home if one has a "smart home", be your assistant and answer questions.  It works by recording commands by saying ok Google. But that's not entirely accurate. It records everything but doesn't respond if not recording ok Google. 

Edited by Kwick1

1 minute ago, Kwick1 said:

🤣 it's a Google Home. A listening device that can control your home if one has a "smart home", be your assistant and answer questions.  It works by recording commands by saying ok Google. But that's not entirely accurate. It records everything but doesn't respond if not recording ok Google. 

:lol: I thought it was some sort of speaker. Thanks for updating me!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lio said:

:lol: I thought it was some sort of speaker. Thanks for updating me!

Ignorant swine!

(so did i :lol: )

23 minutes ago, Kwick1 said:

It supposedly does not record everything: https://www.techworld.com/security/does-amazon-alexa-listen-to-my-conversations-3661967/

That being said, how are we to know there aren't software on our phones that record everything within mic radius? Or our laptops? Etc. 

We can't know for sure. Luckily for me, I don't really care any other way :lol:

3 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

It supposedly does not record everything: https://www.techworld.com/security/does-amazon-alexa-listen-to-my-conversations-3661967/

That being said, how are we to know there aren't software on our phones that record everything within mic radius? Or our laptops? Etc. 

We can't know for sure. Luckily for me, I don't really care any other way :lol:

Whether such devices record everything is open for questions. I know you don't really care.  You support mandatory blood / DNA testing. 😊

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

There's nothing worse than the feeling of foreign eyes on you.  My mate Tommy from Luton told me that.

The real one or the twat from the EDL? :lol: 

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Kwick1 said:

Whether such devices record everything is open for questions. I know you don't really care.  You support mandatory blood / DNA testing. 😊

Hah, yes. 

But it's not like I want to be recorded, more that I consider the possibility of it, combined with my sort-of indifference to it, that I am not really worried. It falls in the "not likely and little damage" square. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Huawei smartphones aren't even sold in the US, are they? 

Edited by Sosso

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

Hah, yes. 

But it's not like I want to be recorded, more that I consider the possibility of it, combined with my sort-of indifference to it, that I am not really worried. It falls in the "not likely and little damage" square. 

It's easy to shrug off because yeah for now individually it's pretty inconsequential.

After 50years of shrugging? The future is dim. Imagine a boot stomping on a human face, forever.

P.S. I guarantee they gather our fingerprints from touchscreens. 

16 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

It's easy to shrug off because yeah for now individually it's pretty inconsequential.

After 50years of shrugging? The future is dim. Imagine a boot stomping on a human face, forever.

Inscreen finger print scanners are the next in thing in terms of smartphones so you wouldn't be far off

2 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Inscreen finger print scanners are the next in thing in terms of smartphones so you wouldn't be far off

Sadly we are probably one of if not the last generation of humanity who will know any semblance of autonomy, privacy and freedom.

nXOCijF_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

My GF just brought me these from the US (they are nowhere to be seen here in Argentina). Can’t say I’m addicted to them :P 

I always ask for these when a friend is travelling to the US

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Call me the old tin foiled hat type but I am not on anybsocial media use VPN all the time.

On the other hand my username is my full name and year of birth might as well hand over my bank details now

You fuckin' cunt, you're 5 years younger than me :lol:  

14 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Old man! :lol:

I'm only 8years younger than you actually that's rather disturbing tbh.

9 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Old man! :lol:

I'm only 8years younger than you actually that's rather disturbing tbh.

If you're a good person you'll die this year, as the old addage implies :lol:  

9 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

How is the future dim? What exactly do you fear? How is your doomsday predictions any different from any other doomsday prediction from technofobs, conspiracy theorists, and super-pessimistic people who have been saying similar things for the last 100 year? 

The future isn't dim, it is you who have a dim view of the future. And I would like to know why. Don't get me wrong, climate change, over population and mass extinctions pose a serious threat to humanity, but I sense that for you it is more about wickedness, evil politicians, and hidden organizations that rule the world and try to control people. To me, that is a complete wrong focus. To me, that is taking focus away from what is a real threat.

8 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Surprised it's taken you this long to work out then again that's probably the age playing its card you old cunt 

Edited by lukepowell1988
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Goatie you’re a proper nutter man :lol:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Yeezy Boost 350 V2 Beluga 2.0

Wanted a pair for donkeys finally bit the bullet and just paid £200 for a pair online 

What on earth are they?