Budweiser

Post pictures of random stuff you've bought recently

Maybe I'm just fatalistic and think the future is most likely dim, for mankind as a whole, because I have depression and so my brain is off kilter. When I watched 1984(haven't read it, lazy.) I thought we are definitely heading towards this and still do. 1984 is my biggest fear. The lifecycle being taken over and totally reduced to that. I don't make doomsday predictions. 

Lets take for granted for a moment that its gonna happen.  OK, now what?  What are you going to do about it?  Exactly, so just chill out, there's so much in life to enjoy.  I know this seems like an awfully lazy accept the status quo lemming racing toward the cliff edge in bliss type mentality but I'm just saying, all the drink, all the weed, all the fresh air and fit birds and good food and good tunes out there in the world, I guess I'm just easily pleased or something, I dunno but...my overriding feeling toward life is summed up by the following Bill Hicks quote 'everytime you look on the news its like WAR FAMINE DEATH AIDS RECESSION DEPRESSION', then when i look out the window its like *does a bird chirping sound*'.  I've lived through a couple of recessions, a few global scares and y'know what, as far as effecting my life personally, they've not made fuck all difference.  So all that thinking, all that anxiety, all that worry...and fuck all ever happens.  In fact more than that life is often quite fucking boring. 

Its all a load of nothing.  You're mid 20s right?  Look at it this way, you've got, what, twice what you've had in terms of lifespan/years to look forward to...and then you're done.  And even thats if you're lucky to make it to your mid 70s.  So, I dunno, just concentrate on your jollies and fuck the rest, the way I feel about it politics and war and conspiracy theories and all this, they're kinda someone elses problem. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

14 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I see. Thanks. I don't own sneakers...or jeans. Don't get me wrong, I am not fashionable at all. I either wear hiking shoes (when I am out hiking); nice shoes when working (although I don't wear a suit normally at work), or when out drinking or taking my wife anywhere; and usually just old, retired running shoes when I potter about casually like in the garden or popping out to do groceries or whatever. But I need to buy something that fits in there between dirty, old running shoes and hand-made '15 Oxford browns, so I will probably look for some not-too-hip-hopish sneakers.

Go for Adidas Superstars, stylish, reliable, not too flash, iconic.  And don't worry, a white t shirt and jeans is hardly the height of fashion either :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Go for Adidas Superstars, stylish, reliable, not too flash, iconic.  And don't worry, a white t shirt and jeans is hardly the height of fashion either :lol:

I agree with this  @SoulMonster cant go with Superstars Bruv 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Y'know what makes me NEVER believe conspiracy theories?  Not because the concept of conspiracies are unbelievable but because it seems that everything, every death, every disaster, every everything has a conspiracy theory attached.  But the idea of whatever set of agents in a given equation colluding for some sort of shared interest is not really a difficult pill to swallow, its sort of how the corporate world works.  Business in general actually.                                   

Yeah there's definitely a lot of bullshit out there and I understand trying to guard your sanity by distancing yourself from conspiracy subjects. I need to learn how to do that more not because I think everything is a conspiracy but in the sense that what is eats away at me. Like the Vatican situation.

As far as discerning what's bullshit or not though it's pretty straight forward. A perfect example is the fairly popular Reptilian Shapeshifter Alien Cabal theory. When I heard about this I thought "Well, this sounds like bullshit but the universe statistically implies aliens 'must' exist and cabals are very much within the realm of possibility - let's see if there's evidence." And there was zero. David Icke who is in no way credible was claiming that ancient depictions of animal hybrids, like what's seen in Egypt was evidence when it clearly isn't.

40 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Princess Diana now there is a conspiracy for ya.

They found out an EX member of the royal family was going to marry a paki a week later there both brown bread 

I looked into that ages ago and yeah I do endorse it as a not-bullshit conspiracy.

P.S. @Len Cnut @SoulMonster

:lol: Back on topic.

Edited by Oldest Goat

52 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Princess Diana now there is a conspiracy for ya.

They found out an EX member of the royal family was going to marry a paki a week later there both brown bread 

Everyone says that but if thats true then why did the same royal family let ol' ginger bollocks marry a black bird?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Everyone says that but if thats true then why did the same royal family let ol' ginger bollocks marry a black bird?

She will get hers soon enough 

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Can I just say, to any security services earwigging this, the whiteboy said that shit not me, and the lol reaction to his post is in no way shape or form condoning the murder of members of the royal family or indeed any citizen of Britain and her colonies :lol: 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Fuck i'm gonna end up being arrested under the terrorism act and do a five stretch  

21 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Nike Air Force 1 '07 WB Men's Shoe

I need to stop spending money now 

These are really nice tbh.

8 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

These are really nice tbh.

Yeah there pretty rude they should arrive tomorrow would look nice with a grey tracksuit 

I like the look of casual  nice trainers but I spend so much $ on running shoes that I can't see spending $ on non work/ non running shoes. So like @SoulMonster, I wear retired running shoes or if it's cold out or I need something a bit dressier, I wear my only pare which I work with cattle in Cowboy boots. Yes, I get from my husband often "you're wearing that?" 

11 minutes ago, Kwick1 said:

I like the look of casual  nice trainers but I spend so much $ on running shoes that I can't see spending $ on non work/ non running shoes. So like @SoulMonster, I wear retired running shoes or if it's cold out or I need something a bit dressier, I wear my only pare which I work with cattle in Cowboy boots. Yes, I get from my husband often "you're wearing that?" 

I've always always always wanted cowboy boots but to be honest you'd look an absolute cunt walking about the south east of England in em (and by you I mean me, birds can actually pull em off).  Fuckin' cowboy hats too, they look so cool. 

Edited by Len Cnut

That's the dream walking around in your pants drinking a bottle of JD with nothing but a cowboy hat and boots on 

4 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I've always always always wanted cowboy boots but to be honest you'd look an absolute cunt walking about the south east of England in em (and by you I mean me, birds can actually pull em off).  Fuckin' cowboy hats too, they look so cool. 

Get you Cowboy boots! Who cares what people think? It takes a bit to break them in but they're comfortable and I think look cool. I've even worn them court. But this is Texas. Cowboy hats are sexy. 

I can rock a cowboy hat. And I have a serious weakness for ladies in those mini cowboy boots, full size too. Boots are far more common that the hats round here. Hootenanny attire is trucker hats for men and cowboy hats for women.

Day to day, I usually wear steel toed sneakers so there isnt as much options and flash. Currently I also have a pair of mail order walmart sneakers with no branding. They have the structural integrity of a sweaty sock thats dried into a crusty stick. And they're velcro. Oddly, I get compliments!

Edited by soon

3 minutes ago, soon said:

I can rock a cowboy hat. And I have a serious weakness for ladies in those mini cowboy boots, full size too. Boots are far more common that the hats round here. Hootenanny attire is trucker hats for men and cowboy hats for women.

Day to day, I usually wear steel toed sneakers so there isnt as much options and flash. Currently I also have a pair of mail order walmart sneakers with no branding. They have the structural integrity of a sweaty sock thats dried into a crusty stick. And they're velcro. Oddly, I get compliments!

We might not share the same views politically but we can both agree now that is odd 

16 minutes ago, Kwick1 said:

Get you Cowboy boots! Who cares what people think? It takes a bit to break them in but they're comfortable and I think look cool. I've even worn them court. But this is Texas. Cowboy hats are sexy. 

In Texas I'd wear em.  In fact anywhere in America I'd wear em...but trust me, a lad, over here, someone whoose not famous, you look proper divvy. 

1 minute ago, lukepowell1988 said:

We might not share the same views politically but we can both agree now that is odd 

Hahaha! It really is. My hunch is that shoe people assume they are rare since they dont recognize them. So they compliment them in hopes of getting info. They do have a certain charm to em though

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

In Texas I'd wear em.  In fact anywhere in America I'd wear em...but trust me, a lad, over here, someone whoose not famous, you look proper divvy. 

You might start a new fashion trend. 😉

13 minutes ago, soon said:

Hahaha! It really is. My hunch is that shoe people assume they are rare since they dont recognize them. So they compliment them in hopes of getting info. They do have a certain charm to em though

Just go 'they're Balmain, d'ya like em?' :lol:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Just go 'they're Balmain, d'ya like em?' :lol:

I figure thats a fancy brand?

Will do, great tip! :lol:

10 minutes ago, soon said:

I figure thats a fancy brand?

Will do, great tip! :lol:

Yes, Pierre Balmain was a famous french designer and of late it has become to go to brand for the new money rich, a lot of your rappers and shit love all that.  And they're often quite plain and unbranded looking so you could probably pull it off, unless you bump into Alexander McQueens youngest or something.  Actually, he was a bender, wasn't he? 

4 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Yes, Pierre Balmain was a famous french designer and of late it has become to go to brand for the new money rich, a lot of your rappers and shit love all that.  And they're often quite plain and unbranded looking so you could probably pull it off, unless you bump into Alexander McQueens youngest or something.  Actually, he was a bender, wasn't he? 

Oh right on. Thats the perfect way to go! Im try it out :lol:

I dont know who McQueen is either :facepalm: But along that line, whenever I wear my cowboy hat the fellas offer to buy me drinks :lol:

10 minutes ago, soon said:

Oh right on. Thats the perfect way to go! Im try it out :lol:

I dont know who McQueen is either :facepalm: But along that line, whenever I wear my cowboy hat the fellas offer to buy me drinks :lol:

Alexander McQueen is, or was, a VERY famous designer who died recently I believe.  I bet you've heard of Vivienne Westwood though!