[RUMOR] New album coming in 2015 according to Kaneda

I've heard from sources within the band that a new album is coming this year. Most of the songs are from the Chinese D era. No free dr pepper this time around :) 51 Tuesday's left in the year.

Where and when did you hear that?
Last night. My source is legit. But does anyone really care to hear an album made by guys not in the band?
I'd prefer an album from people not in the band right now over an album featuring DJ.

I've heard from sources within the band that a new album is coming this year. Most of the songs are from the Chinese D era. No free dr pepper this time around :)

No offense, but weren't you responsible for the Dr. Pepper fiasco and somehow credit yourself for getting CD out there?

I've heard from sources within the band that a new album is coming this year. Most of the songs are from the Chinese D era. No free dr pepper this time around :) 51 Tuesday's left in the year.

Hmm interesting you were told "most" of the songs from CD era and not "all". If watever this is, is at all legit, then according to someone there is atleast one completely new tune on the album.

I can't help thinking that these will be the songs that weren't good enough to be on Chinese Democracy. What do you guys think?

I don't subscribe to that mindset. If Axl was being truthful in his assertion that he viewed CD as a trilogy, it wouldn't make any sense to use up all of the quality material on the first release.

And less we forget, both November Rain and YCBM were Appetite outtakes and I don't think many folks would categorise those songs as crappy leftovers.

• Like 3

I can't help thinking that these will be the songs that weren't good enough to be on Chinese Democracy. What do you guys think?

I don't subscribe to that mindset. If Axl was being truthful in his assertion that he viewed CD as a trilogy, it wouldn't make any sense to use up all of the quality material on the first release.

And less we forget, both November Rain and YCBM were Appetite outtakes and I don't think many folks would categorise those songs as crappy leftovers.

In addition we have comments from people who heard material from the CD sessions prior to the release of CD, claiming that some songs that never ended up on CD were the better of the lot.

• Like 1

My only fear about the calibre of the new material, is, it is astonishing that it took ten years to release an album with duds like Scraped and Shackler's on it. During all that time, I thought he was working on something really incredible. Presumably they were a-listed?

My only fear about the calibre of the new material, is, it is astonishing that it took ten years to release an album with duds like Scraped and Shackler's on it. During all that time, I thought he was working on something really incredible. Presumably they were a-listed?

I have come to terms with the possibility of the next record not being better than CD. As long as there are a few stellar songs there, like on CD, I will be happy.

I have come to terms with the possibility of the next record not being better than CD. As long as there are a few stellar songs there, like on CD, I will be happy.

Yes. A few TWATs and Betters.

• Like 1

Yes. A few TWATs and Betters.

There'll definitely be a few twats on the next GnR record

• Like 2

Well I actually rate Shacklers as the best thing NuGnr have ever done. I'll give you Scraped though.