50: An Art Collection by Steven Adler

KeyserSoze

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ex-guns-n-roses-drummer-steven-adler-to-unveil-rhythmic-fine-art-collection/

On January 22, Steven Adler, one of the most acclaimed and notorious drummers in rock history, celebrates two important milestones — 30 years behind the drums and 50 years of life.
Utilizing the very rhythms that made him a legend, he'll unveil a collection of fine art "built" from the new medium of "Rhythm-On-Canvas."
Adler has been working exclusively with art team and publisher SceneFour on the collection titled "50".
A project that has quietly been created over the last year in Los Angeles, the collection is scheduled to debut on February 6.
As the founding drummer for GUNS N' ROSES, Adler is responsible for some of the most celebrated beats in hard rock history.

SceneFour is the team responsible for the "Rhythm-On-Canvas" medium, having released blockbuster art collections over the last five years with a highly select group of drumming legends, including Bill Ward (BLACK SABBATH) , Rick Allen (DEF LEPPARD), Mickey Hart (GRATEFUL DEAD), Jose Pasillas (INCUBUS) and Dave Lombardo (SLAYER).
The process of creating artwork from rhythm is an extensive one that begins with the drummer utilizing a bevy of drumsticks that light in a variety of ways similar to that of a painter utilizing brushes with different colors. In the creation process, the drummer is crafting rhythms that translate visually to abstract imagery before they are brought into the SceneFour studio, manipulated meticulously, and laid to canvas. For Adler's visual work, SceneFour co-founder Ravi Dosaj states, "Steven's rhythms visually look like the way he sounds...dark, gritty, and they even swing. Inside his abstract work, there are elements that seem to connect to his life."
Those interested in learning more about the collection are encouraged to join the interest list at www.stevenadlerart.com.

Don't know when Adler has his one but he is opening on Axls birthday ...lol :D

I find it really weird that some many GNR members have birthdays around February 4th-6th. Gary Moore also died on the 6th, and more importantly I was born on the 5th (same as Duff iirc) :D

Then the dabete is on. Cow bell or dark and gritty Adler? :D

Both of them are cool for me

Y'know Steven was always a mess as a human being, but as a drummer, i like his simple groove style plus on Adler he showed he can capable to pull off some more modern drumming (nothing technical, but still cool)

• Like 1

Y'know Steven was always a mess as a human being, but as a drummer, i like his simple groove style plus on Adler he showed he can capable to pull off some more modern drumming (nothing technical, but still cool)

Link to examples pls?

Would like to hear that.

As the founding drummer for GUNS N' ROSES.

InB4 Rob Gardner. :lol:

No no no no, it's Cyril Spencer see cuz his Mum babysat Axl back in the early 70s and he'd turn pots and pans over and leather em with a fuckin' ladle whilst Axl done kareoke to Barry Manilow, ergo, i think you'll find... :lol:

Link to examples pls?

Would like to hear that.

download the album

the song lyrics are garbage of course cuz the band contains 2-3 DJ Ashba's, but overall it's a fun rock album

fun video

But most of the artists take drugs and producing great music, so your overall reaction video is ... meh

I like Adler a lot but since when is he one of the most acclaimed rock drummers?

Well... I read an interesting article in The Quietus about AFD and it talks about Adler's drumming there, very positively. I'll see if I can find the link.

http://thequietus.com/articles/09492-guns-n-roses-appetite-for-destruction

Snooty and not all together accurate (I disagree with opening statements big time) but interesting all the same.

Edited by BetterDay7

• 2 weeks later...