[FALSE] Axl joining Slash's brazilian tour.

I've heard good things about this John Bonham guy. He had a pretty sweet exclusive interview not too long ago.

I guess the question is, why would it happen now? And why on earth at a Slash gig? Surely if Axl's gonna take to the stage with Slash - which I don't think he will - there'd have to be a big financial incentive? In fact if they did one gig, the hype and demand would ensure a hefty payday for all involved. What rock and roll fan with a decently endowed wallet would want to miss the first time Axl & Slash take to the stage together in 21 years?

So why piss that monumental event away by just guesting at a solo show?

To show that they have patched up their differences and will not be reuniting just for cash. And Axl showing up at a Slash show shows he's behind this rather than being forced into something--and finally generating some goodwill.

Axl at a Slash show would not be a full on GNR reunion and remember, you can only have a 1st show once. So don't worry so much about a 1st show thing if they are planning for a full tour. Better to build some hype and anticipation that will last.

All that said, I don't believe the rumor even though it's preposterous they haven't reunited. Even if Axl has $100M+ in the bank, better to have $200M+, especially with his entourage. Pretty much now or never at age 53, but could he really get himself together physically to do this at a high level?

I've heard good things about this John Bonham guy. He had a pretty sweet exclusive interview not too long ago.

I guess the question is, why would it happen now? And why on earth at a Slash gig? Surely if Axl's gonna take to the stage with Slash - which I don't think he will - there'd have to be a big financial incentive? In fact if they did one gig, the hype and demand would ensure a hefty payday for all involved. What rock and roll fan with a decently endowed wallet would want to miss the first time Axl & Slash take to the stage together in 21 years?

So why piss that monumental event away by just guesting at a solo show?

To show that they have patched up their differences and will not be reuniting just for cash. And Axl showing up at a Slash show shows he's behind this rather than being forced into something--and finally generating some goodwill.

Axl at a Slash show would not be a full on GNR reunion and remember, you can only have a 1st show once. So don't worry so much about a 1st show thing if they are planning for a full tour. Better to build some hype and anticipation that will last.

All that said, I don't believe the rumor even though it's preposterous they haven't reunited. Even if Axl has $100M+ in the bank, better to have $200M+, especially with his entourage. Pretty much now or never at age 53, but could he really get himself together physically to do this at a high level?

All true enough. The one thing that places the merest iota of doubt in my mind that this is wishful thinking B.S. is the current state of GNR...total disarray, no album for years again, the supposed current band members all off pursuing other interests...there's nothing Axl would be giving up for this other than his grudge and ill-feeling. I'm certainly not holding my breath though.

nahh
the guy posted this now:

"Posted Today, 02:30 PM

It's entirely possible that this rumor was started by Brazilian promoters to move slash tickets, but I certainly didn't just make it up. "

I call it 100% fake, of course. He doesn´t heard shit

nahh

the guy posted this now:

It's entirely possible that this rumor was started by Brazilian promoters to move slash tickets, but I certainly didn't just make it up. "

I call it 100% fake, of course. He doesn´t heard shit

Ah, fuck it then. If he's already backing down and covering his arse....yeah, it's bullshit.

Edited by tomfriend

I may try and confirm or deny this rumor in a few days but sometimes I don't want to "bug" people with these things.

My personal opinion is while he may have a source that he thinks is reliable I do not believe this at all, not even in the slightest (the rumor itself)

Just read up ^ Promoters, yeah the same guys that advertise 1987-1992 photos for GNR shows in the 2000's *rollseyes*

Edited by gunsguy

nahh

the guy posted this now:

Confirmed false then, if it wasn't already obvious

The little I know about him, JB seems to be a pretty on the level guy so I have no doubts someone he believes is reliable told him this was going to happen.

That being said why is everyone shooting the messenger? JB did not talk to Axl he got it from a source he believes is reliable. If it does not actually happen it is not his fault.

Even if this is being considered we should keep in mind Axl changes his mind on a dime so what might have been considered one minute will not happen the next.

I am willing to give JB the benefit of the doubt on this one as I would be surprised if he was just saying this to stir the shit.

nahh

the guy posted this now:

Confirmed false then, if it wasn't already obvious

No it is not confirmed false. It sounds like JB has his doubts about the source now but it has yet to be confirmed false.

Should we give more credit to this rumor that to the one that says that there will be a new Axl album soon?

I wonder also what does mean the illusion line up? With izzy (would be great)? And with Matt sorum (i seriously doubt it)?

This is like that to be a Gnr fan: dreams ; )

Just a friendly reminder that both Jarmo and JB are both members of this forum. And as such, personal insults directed at them will be removed.

Feel free to cast doubt on rumours or criticize their respective forums if that's how you feel, but please refrain from personal insults. Absolutely not needed and won't be tolerated.

• Like 1