Izzy, Duff recording new stuff (PROBABLY NEW IZZY ALBUM)

ludurigan

I hope none of them do.

Izzy

Duff

Taz

Rick Richards

Perfection.

Why fuck up that formula with regurgitated Slash riffing or shite vocals from ginger bollocks?

LOL, you're right, Izzy doesn't need Axl or Slash, he's very capable of making regurgitated riffing and shite vocals all on his own! :lol:

I'm happy for those that enjoy it, but I still don't see any merit in Izzy's solo stuff. It's all bland and boring to me...

I bet you think the November Rain video is a masterpiece?

• Like 1

I hope none of them do.

Izzy

Duff

Taz

Rick Richards

Perfection.

Why fuck up that formula with regurgitated Slash riffing or shite vocals from ginger bollocks?

LOL, you're right, Izzy doesn't need Axl or Slash, he's very capable of making regurgitated riffing and shite vocals all on his own! :lol:

I'm happy for those that enjoy it, but I still don't see any merit in Izzy's solo stuff. It's all bland and boring to me...

I think the song is great, and the video is a classic for sure, but I don't know about masterpiece.

Whats that got to do with the blandness of Izzy's solo stuff?

I hope none of them do.

Izzy

Duff

Taz

Rick Richards

Perfection.

It's all about the cake-dive. No wonder it was #1 on MTV all those years

I hope none of them do.

Izzy

Duff

Taz

Rick Richards

Perfection.

I think the song is great, and the video is a classic for sure, but I don't know about masterpiece.

Because people who do not like the Izzy side of things, i.e. the good side of GN'R, usually like all of the Axl wank such as the 10 minute epics and cheesy videos.

I hope none of them do.

Izzy

Duff

Taz

Rick Richards

Perfection.

Because people who do not like the Izzy side of things, i.e. the good side of GN'R, usually like all of the Axl wank such as the 10 minute epics and cheesy videos.

Wow, thanks for generalising me simply because I don't hear anything great in Izzy's solo stuff that matches what he did in GN'R

I hope none of them do.

Izzy

Duff

Taz

Rick Richards

Perfection.

Wow, thanks for generalising me simply because I don't hear anything great in Izzy's solo stuff that matches what he did in GN'R

Anyone who doesn't think the quality of Izzy's output since leaving Gnr has dropped is either not a real music fan and just has blind faith in anything gnr related or just doesn't know anything about music in general or has a strange eclectic taste in music and therefore can't really comment against what anyone else thinks

I hope none of them do.

Izzy

Duff

Taz

Rick Richards

Perfection.

Anyone who doesn't think the quality of Izzy's output since leaving Gnr has dropped is either not a real music fan and just has blind faith in anything gnr related or just doesn't know anything about music in general or has a strange eclectic taste in music and therefore can't really comment against what anyone else thinks

Considering people with 'real taste' in music (not that I am saying I am one of them) find Guns N' Roses cheesy and embarrassing cock rock, that leaves your argument rather stranded now, doesn't it?

Considering people with 'real taste' in music (not that I am saying I am one of them) find Guns N' Roses cheesy and embarrassing cock rock, that leaves your argument rather stranded now, doesn't it?

Huh? Appetite is regarded as one of the best hard rock albums of all time. And for good reason. It's a classic and a masterpiece.

Huh? Appetite is regarded as one of the best hard rock albums of all time. And for good reason. It's a classic and a masterpiece.

I love Appetite. I meant the subsequent Illusion era. Beginning with the Illusion era, Guns became a joke, their front man, despised, and were subsequently succeeded by grunge/alternative rock as the eminent musical movement.

I love Appetite. I meant the subsequent Illusion era. Beginning with the Illusion era, Guns became a joke, their front man, despised, and were subsequently succeeded by grunge/alternative rock as the eminent musical movement.

The Illusions didn't work as well as Appetite as an album. A bunch of things weren't present anymore: Adler could at least swing a sack of shit unlike sorum, Izzy's and Slash's guitar interplay was gone, and Axl's ballads began to take over with the band not sounding as a unit anymore, there wasn't a perfect unity like in Appetite... a truly cohesive sound. Maybe they were not really on the same page musically anymore. Axl wanted to do more then just what was done, and Slash wanted to do what worked for him, which is what he is doing to this day. Axl said Duff and Slash refused to work on November Rain and Estranged and Axl had to convince them to do it.

BUT

There was a lot of hit songs from the Illusions, and a lot of quality stuff that resonated with the public. Grunge came along and went away, and influenced the music that came after it, but Guns achieved the same thing with Appetite, which was the real deal contrasting the hair metal horseshit.

You see... Now, Guns is considered to be a good band from the 80's and early 90's with an influential album (Appetite). The music is respected, even if Axl is hated, including the bloated and flawed Illusions. So I'm not sure I agree.

Edited by Rovim

Yeesh, grow up.

If you're turned off this band since the UYI era, I'm curious why you'd even be on this board, as that era is long, long gone.

Like it or not, while AFD is the band that most Guns fans (yes, including myself) love, you can't really argue that the UYI albums and tour, catapulted them into rock icons that they are today.

If you consider that to be cheese, then so be it.

To me UYI was Guns reaching the pinnacle of all their combined and separate talents.

And I still think Izzy's stuff is bland. That doesn't automatically mean that I think that Axl swimming with dolphins in the Estranged video isn't batshit crazy.

But hey, it sounds like your mind is already made up about anyone who think Izzy's solo stuff isn't the best thing in the world.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by metallex78

Izzy's music is poorly marketed and doesn't tour it, even though I'm sure Duff asks him to bring his band on the road or take part in Kings of Chaos. It just seems weird that he has a lot of material and no interest in playing live except as a guest appearance. Maybe he doesn't have the money to put a tour together and doesn't want to tour clubs. People call Axl "reclusive" but I think Izzy's way more so.

If you're turned off this band since the UYI era, I'm curious why you'd even be on this board, as that era is long, long gone.

Like it or not, while AFD is the band that most Guns fans (yes, including myself) love, you can't really argue that the UYI albums and tour, catapulted them into rock icons that they are today.

To me UYI was Guns reaching the pinnacle of all their combined and separate talents.

And I still think Izzy's stuff is bland. That doesn't automatically mean that I think that Axl swimming with dolphins in the Estranged video isn't batshit crazy.

But hey, it sounds like your mind is already made up about anyone who think Izzy's solo stuff isn't the best thing in the world.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you like to watch Axl with his nuts on show in a pair of skimpy white shorts, be my guest.

If you like to watch Axl with his nuts on show in a pair of skimpy white shorts, be my guest.

I guess you prefer watching Axl in ass-less chaps from the AFD era where everything is on display instead right

Classic DieselDaisy post. Appeals to your intellect.

Not sure if you're agreeing with me, or making fun of me... but I don't get how disliking Izzy's extremely average solo work must mean I'm an Axl or Slash worshipper...?

• Like 2

^^^

I was agreeing with you and commenting on DieselDaisy's nuts on show reply. Izzy doesn't really take the time and put in the work to make his albums anywhere near as good as his work in Guns or he's just too damn old to write something good. Liked his first album and a few songs from others, but it's all pretty generic with shit lyrics and lazy singing with boring guitars. That is something DD will probably never understand/agree with.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1