Director Matthew Vaughn (Kingsman) originally had November Rain in mind for scene

Just saw Kingsman this weekend, decent movie. Had one spectacular scene in it where Colin Firth goes nuts in a church, won't spoil any more details.

Anyways, I looked up the scene and the director originally had November Rain in mind for the scene:

When I wrote the scene, I did it to November Rain, the Guns N Roses track. I was laughing because Ive always had this image of Slash, playing the guitar in front of a little white church in the middle of nowhere. That was in my mind, but A) the guitar solo is not long enough, and B) its actually darker than I realized. I literally went online and search great long American guitar solos. Free Bird came up, and I whacked it on. It looked like we shot the whole thing using that track. Then we did a really great remix of it, where we got all of The Stems. A friend of mine, Charles Martin, who is George Martins son, remixed the whole thing for me. It fit it perfectly, and its cool. Its a good guitar solo, man.

• Like 1

He used November Rain as a temp for the Hit-Girl scene in the original Kick-Ass, I remember reading that in reviews from preview screenings for the film and being disappointed it didn't make the final cut :/