What would you think if Slash, Duff, Steven

smoking guns

And Izzy teamed up with Chris Robinson from the Black Crowes and made a Stones type blues rock album.... Not hard rock, not GNR style, I am talking straight up 69-74 style Stones... Used to Love Her was kind of like that... But a hole album... Slash would be Mick Taylor. Izzy would be Keef... Robinson can sound just like Mick. Would be amazing.

Wouldn't happen because Izzy wouldn't do it, he's no afraid of Axl but he knows that joining a band comprised of the AFD line up minus Axl now is as good as saying we're no longer buds.

Also, why would that line up be so good? the day the AFD were fantastic but without Axl the magic just isn't there, even with a good singer like Chris robinson. It's just like When Izzy left or Steven was fired and the new band, they're all good, but they aren't as good as the original 5.

izzy and Slash together are pure magic

They probably are not close friends, they probably dont talk to much, but you put those two together and what you get is SO MUCH MORE than the sum of its parts

Add Duff and Steven there...

You know I would fucking kill for a semi Appetite Lineup reunion.... Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven.. It would be fucking awesome.. I know some people here are all anti Myles but I think that would work just as well. When you are actually at the shows he sounds phenomenal and I think Izzy's voice would compliment him well on the backup vocals... Izzy could still sing a bunch of songs and just have Myles sing the shit like Rocket Queen and Sweet Child...

But I would be more than happy to see Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven up there with anyone or just themselves.. It would be a dream come true. Just one fucking tour and they have so many songs they could play.. I think Izzy's voice is great.. It really is time for something like this.

Please no Myles hahahaha

Going to an Izzy Slash Duff Steven gig with Miles would be like going on a date with Amy Adams and have Miles Kennedy singing Back To Cali non-stop at your table hahahahaha

I don't like being a dick to a guy whose had so much trouble in his life, but why Steven? Can anyone give me a reason other than nostalgia?

Nothing to do with nostalgia.

its all about the rhythm, the groove.

Some people have it, some people dont.

Steven has a lot of it (on his playing)/

What he brings to the table makes the music move in a great and, like DR DOOM said, unique way.

Cool reply. I'm glad some people feel that way. Yeah, I guess as a musician he does have that groove with Slash, Duff & Izz that he could probably just lock back into. I'm not a rhythm guy so to me he's just a guy who's best days are behind him and was never that exceptional to begin with. I hate to be brutal - and I'm not bullshitting, because I know Steven is the one guy who seems to love Guns N' Roses as much as the fans did - but to me I just think there are far better drummers out there with far less problems. You've at least given me something to think about there, but the fact that the group went with Matt for VR makes me think they fall on my side of the argument. I fucking really sympathize with Steven as a person though. Hey, I honestly hope it all does come together at some point and he proves himself up to the task and then his rock n' roll odyssey has the happy ending that a fucked-up but well-meaning guy should have. I should know, it takes one to know one and all that.

Yeah, I think Slash and Duff went with Matt because he is a somewhat trouble-free and reliable guy.

Slash probably went with Miles for the very same reason... Axl hired these people he hired for the same reason...

The happy ending you mentioned is the happy ending so many of us are hoping for... Cant believe it still didnt happen... l am still hoping!

Cool reply. I'm glad some people feel that way. Yeah, I guess as a musician he does have that groove with Slash, Duff & Izz that he could probably just lock back into. I'm not a rhythm guy so to me he's just a guy who's best days are behind him and was never that exceptional to begin with. I hate to be brutal - and I'm not bullshitting, because I know Steven is the one guy who seems to love Guns N' Roses as much as the fans did - but to me I just think there are far better drummers out there with far less problems. You've at least given me something to think about there, but the fact that the group went with Matt for VR makes me think they fall on my side of the argument. I fucking really sympathize with Steven as a person though. Hey, I honestly hope it all does come together at some point and he proves himself up to the task and then his rock n' roll odyssey has the happy ending that a fucked-up but well-meaning guy should have. I should know, it takes one to know one and all that.

Yeah, I think Slash and Duff went with Matt because he is a somewhat trouble-free and reliable guy.

Slash probably went with Miles for the very same reason... Axl hired these people he hired for the same reason...

The happy ending you mentioned is the happy ending so many of us are hoping for... Cant believe it still didnt happen... l am still hoping!

Yep. This. In all the projects the various band members have done sine 1995, Steven really hasn't been invited to do more than a guest spot here and there - and it seems they even avoid that. Whatever he might bring to the table in terms of enthusiasm or sound, there are obviously a lot of factors that outweigh that in their minds.

Edited by stella

but it won't happen because it wouldn't get Slash much money as a solo album with a bunch of unknown guys.

That's kind of a douche-bag thing to say.

Slash has been in two huge bands, full of superstar players.

Now you are bashing the guy for playing with a group of non-superstars? Manets - you are better than that.

It's Manets, man. What can you expect?

They (The Black Crowes) are one band that was the real deal like GNR.... They were authentic, not some manufactured bullshit. Chris with Izzy and Slash would be magic... If Axl doesn't want to play with them the suggested band would be killer.. Maybe Slash2Baz can suggest it to Slash...