Who could replace BFF?

I think there's probably more chance of a reunion than Bucket returning but for the sake of argument, if he did agree, I personally don't think his health would allow him to do a bunch of huge world tours and 3-hour shows.

I'd like to see Robin back so he can play his Chinese stuff and his as yet unreleased stuff.

When they were announced for Rio 4 I literally ran around the house going insane with excitement and I was literally as excited to see Bucket as Axl. Right now I couldn't give a monkeys what Axl does about BBF leaving. I'd rather someone just leaks all the fucking songs for us because I couldn't give a toss about seeing them live anymore if Axl is going to be the guy from the '11-'14 with the hats and glasses.

I watched Inland Invasion 2006 the other day. Even on a good day in '14 Axl was so, so, so far away from that being that guy.

Axl can play guitar. Sit him in a chair and put a microphone in front of him with a les paul. That would solidify him as the Guns N Roses!!

Like when he played TWAT at RIR years ago? That was awesome. Even though his guitar didn't make any sound.

TWAT? do you mean Madagascar in 2001?

I always laughed at that. They bring out the guitar, he looks like he's jamming, then the camera goes to buckethead just standing still playing the part.

The BEST Solution IMO would be this.

1. Make Richard primary lead guitarist. He tried out for the part in 2000 before Buckethead joined, he's been in the band for 13 years now... If anyone deserves a promotion it's him.

2. Make Dj secondary lead guitarist.

3. Get Pitman to play rhythm guitar.... Nothing on CD II, II, or CD 537 can be so complex that Axl needs 2 keyboardists.

BUT, that wont happen.

Tom Morello isn't a bad guitarist.... I liked his work with Audioslave, but I doubt he will join. Anyone new will likely be someone completely unheard of just like Bumblefoot was... Maybe Axl should see about Gary Sunshine coming back, I wonder if Axl is even on good terms with that guy.

I'd love for Buckethead to come back, or even robin, but I doubt that'll happen.

Edited by liers

Axl can play guitar. Sit him in a chair and put a microphone in front of him with a les paul. That would solidify him as the Guns N Roses!!

Like when he played TWAT at RIR years ago? That was awesome. Even though his guitar didn't make any sound.

TWAT? do you mean Madagascar in 2001?

I always laughed at that. They bring out the guitar, he looks like he's jamming, then the camera goes to buckethead just standing still playing the part.

THAT was the song! I just remembered that it was in some extended instrumental piece.

Richard on lead would be awesome, but with DJ doing rhythm it'd sound thin as hell. Maybe Izzy, Gilby or Robin could make a return, hell Duff can play guitar too can't he?

Edit: or I suppose that slash guy

Edited by MrSoftie

Is there any point? Axl can't sing, Ashba is a fucking pathetic joke. GnR is an industry wide laughing stock and totally irrelevant to anyone other than the people who go to see them live and hear November Rain and Sweet Child... Axl realies this, that is why he has non-stop toured the same tired, setlist and show and hasn't released anything new. Hardcore fans want new music, the rest of the world want to hear Axl Rose and slash playing their songs together live. Utterly pointless to get another "employee" in to the Axl Rose Project. It isn't about the fans, it is totally about the ego of the boss and the hired hands

treading as carefully as they can on the eggshells around him. That and the $ it is earning him and the cleaner's clan. It really is pathetic.

On top of that, anything that any potential new guy did record would end up lifeless, overproduced and have 16 irrelevant sub bass parts clagged onto it in the studio, just like CD.

Edited by T-Minus

1. the new guy must know how to shred

2. the new guy must agree to be in a band with Ashba

3. the new guy must be stupid or understand and agree to just be a touring employee for Axl

Can't think of one right now. Perhaps an unknown, but I don't really see Axl going for that. Whoever it is, it will be even more of a joke. This band has lost it's image and it changed so many times that it's hard to get attached to a specific line up beyond what we had on Chinese and the people who played on that.

Recent new Gn'R line ups have become proof of Axl's inability to keep a steady line up of musicians for more then a few years. A very big Axl limitation imo.

Edited by Rovim

Maybe if he treated his employees as bandmates it would be different. You do not isolate yourself from your band, have them waiting around to go onstage, then turn up 2 mins before you hit the stage (albeit late most of the time). You do not disrespect your "band" by not rehearsing iwth them, then showing up and sounding like shit most of the time (Then blame it on strep-throat or some other shit). Then after all that, leave the band to communicate with the fans and take the flak which was all down to you and not them. This is Axl and the Lebeis' cash cow, the other guys in the band are cogs that keep that moolah rolling in. Nothing more...

Edited by T-Minus
  • Like 1

The only chance we have to hear "new" music is by leaks.

You don't know that. A release is still possible and probable imo, but we might have to wait a couple of years to see it.

A release is definite once Axl dies. Can't understand why anybody would believe otherwise with TB steering the ship, but that's just me.

You don't know that. A release is still possible and probable imo, but we might have to wait a couple of years to see it.

A release is definite once Axl dies. Can't understand why anybody would believe otherwise with TB steering the ship, but that's just me.

Perhaps, but that's not exactly what I meant. I think it's very likely Axl will release CD ll in the next 5 years. The album is done and it's the second half of Chinese. With taking into consideration Axl's way of doing things, we might see it before 2020.

Edited by Rovim

Perhaps, but that's not exactly what I meant. I think it's very likely Axl will release CD ll in the next 5 years. The album is done and it's the second half of Chinese. Factoring in Axl's way of doing things, and we might see it before 2020.

No comment on that considering my faith in him to do anything worthwhile is pretty much nonexistent, but we will see a release someday either way.

Nick Sterling. Only joking.

It is reunion or bust at this point. There is no hope of continuing to try to generate excitement without the core members of the original line-up. This band that Axl formed was very talented and should have released more new music while they had the opportunity. Axl's voice can't go on for much longer. I would rather see him use it with the guys he was meant to play with all along than waste it on another incarnation of them.

• Like 1