Who could replace BFF?

Of all that has been said, I think the two big allures of a "name" person signing up with the band is 1: money and 2: the chance to write/create new music with Axl Rose.

Unfortunately, if the opportunity to write/create music with Axl isn't an option, then you are really just looking at guys who don't mind being a hired guy. Guys who don't mind spending a decade of off-and-on touring covering other people's music. Not a lot of well known guitar players are willing to do that - unless they are in dire need of money.

As long as writing material with Axl is off the table, then it's going to be hard to get any name guitarist to join the band.

But if Axl said we'll give you X amount of dollars and we need you to help us write six new songs for an album that's coming out in 2016 - then you'll have a lot of guitar players to choose from.

Too bad Axl didn't make a fist of it when he had the 2000-03 or whatever band.

There's not enough daylight left for him to spend another decade writing and recording an album with the D team he has now, I honestly don't think he could be bothered.

It amuses me that there are still fans that think Finck or Buckethead would come back to GNR :lol:

Personally, I happen to think the chances of either of them working with Axl again are less than the chances of Slash working with Axl again.

As far as "Who could replace BBF?", I'm reasonably sure it'll have to be a no-name person with the ability to replicate the Bucket/BBF parts. I honestly can't see any well known guitarist with a career of their own signing on for this.

• Like 1

Is there any point? Axl can't sing, Ashba is a fucking pathetic joke. GnR is an industry wide laughing stock and totally irrelevant to anyone other than the people who go to see them live and hear November Rain and Sweet Child... Axl realies this, that is why he has non-stop toured the same tired, setlist and show and hasn't released anything new. Hardcore fans want new music, the rest of the world want to hear Axl Rose and slash playing their songs together live. Utterly pointless to get another "employee" in to the Axl Rose Project. It isn't about the fans, it is totally about the ego of the boss and the hired hands

treading as carefully as they can on the eggshells around him. That and the $ it is earning him and the cleaner's clan. It really is pathetic.

On top of that, anything that any potential new guy did record would end up lifeless, overproduced and have 16 irrelevant sub bass parts clagged onto it in the studio, just like CD.

I didn't see anyone point this out before, so I might say this out loud.

The reason he plays Greatest hits for the last 10 years is because NOBODY cares about his Slashless music, regardless of it being from CD or Cd 55, and he seems to be aware of that despite hiding that acknowledgment.

It amuses me that there are still fans that think Finck or Buckethead would come back to GNR :lol:

No one thinks they will, but Bucket's honestly the only one I want to see back there. And really, who else can play those parts?

In truth, I just hope it's someone with a defined style, which is really what I miss in Finck & Bucket - a style and a desire to actually push the GN'R sound forward (and can handle their hopes being dashed almost immediately).

If Axl has no intention to release "new" music and is in nostalgia mood then he might as well should call the ones who helped him creat material he`s been touring for decade +.

Edited by Dark Knight

I say that he should fire everyone - except maybe Dizwald and re-think this shite. Not just pile up another shredder from somewhere.

But as he will continue his nu-gnr venture...Robin I would accept, but it can't be him, to keep this up he needs a shredder. Buckethead I would also accept, anyday and always, but it is not going to happen. But would be cool to have Bucket speaking with puppets to the lawyers again and to Fernando and Beta (LOL), also he is the best guitarist there is for this material.

Whoever it is, I hope he's actually good and not just a shredder. New Guns need a really good lead guitarist and we don't have that in the band right now. Even if you think Fortus is good enough as lead, he doesn't get to really be that guy in Guns.

I have no idea what Axl is going to do. No name guitar player really doesn't seem to be something he'll go with, and I can't think of anyone famous who will agree.

I hope BFF leaving makes him see what a massive cunt he has been towards others; like in making people wait 2 hours to see you, general slacker behaviour/conduct (studio/live) or blaming bandmates in press releases for mostly your own mistakes. He should be grateful that others are willing to swallow and put up with his shit/erratic behaviour. I think mister big star owes Slash or some others an equal or greater apology for things said in the press etc. etc. and should finally realise that.

Edited by Rdeyahlxp

I hope BFF leaving makes him see what a massive cunt he has been towards others; like in making people wait 2 hours to see you, general slacker behaviour/conduct (studio/live) or blaming bandmates in press releases for mostly your own mistakes. He should be grateful that others are willing to swallow and put up with his shit/erratic behaviour. I think mister big star owes Slash or some others an equal or greater apology for things said in the press etc. etc. and should finally realise that.

BFF was just a hired member, so it wont really affect Axl or make him realize anything, when he can talk shit about Slash and Izzy who were his good friends, even though now he is on good terms with Izzy, so when he can do that, BFF leaving or staying or well anyone leaving or staying in his band wont make him realize anything

Oy vey- Nobody is replacing anyone, people... this was true a year ago and it's true now:

I realize that- obviously- any and all discussions about anyone (former member or not) actually joining up with this organization at this point is complete speculation (if not utter fantasy), but still- they always make me think of this spot on quote by JB (from the long-forgotten Why no talk of finck returning? thread):

You'd have to be an idiot to return to GNR at this point.

Ignore this statement all you want, folks, but nobody in his right mind with a shred of a reputation and/or dignity is joining this organization, returned or otherwise.

Is there any point? Axl can't sing, Ashba is a fucking pathetic joke. GnR is an industry wide laughing stock and totally irrelevant to anyone other than the people who go to see them live and hear November Rain and Sweet Child... Axl realies this, that is why he has non-stop toured the same tired, setlist and show and hasn't released anything new. Hardcore fans want new music, the rest of the world want to hear Axl Rose and slash playing their songs together live. Utterly pointless to get another "employee" in to the Axl Rose Project. It isn't about the fans, it is totally about the ego of the boss and the hired hands

treading as carefully as they can on the eggshells around him. That and the $ it is earning him and the cleaner's clan. It really is pathetic.

On top of that, anything that any potential new guy did record would end up lifeless, overproduced and have 16 irrelevant sub bass parts clagged onto it in the studio, just like CD.

I didn't see anyone point this out before, so I might say this out loud.

The reason he plays Greatest hits for the last 10 years is because NOBODY cares about his Slashless music, regardless of it being from CD or Cd 55, and he seems to be aware of that despite hiding that acknowledgment.

To be fair, that's the case for a lot of "classic" bands these days regardless if the original members have stayed on board. A lot of the audiences at live shows are just very casual fans who want to hear whatever the big hit is, and go home and they couldn't care less about whatever new music the band has out. If Axl were to trot out there with a set list that included nothing but the most obscure songs from UYI and AfD and avoid playing Jungle/It's So Easy/SCOM/Paradise City --ie,. Slash music but not hits - he'd probably disappoint a lot of the audience too.

• Like 1

No one thinks they will, but Bucket's honestly the only one I want to see back there. And really, who else can play those parts?

In truth, I just hope it's someone with a defined style, which is really what I miss in Finck & Bucket - a style and a desire to actually push the GN'R sound forward (and can handle their hopes being dashed almost immediately).

This

I'd like to see Bucket back. But there's not a hope in hell. In order for him to come back he'd have to have seen some proof that the band was being productive. No new album in 7 years ain't going to cut it. Same reason why no one with a shred of credibility would even think about joining at this stage.

It's all academic anyway, since Stinson'll end up staying with The Replacements, The Dead Daisies are likely to become a full time gig etc. Axl's fucked.

• Like 1

Ughhh... Another guitarist just makes them look even more pathetic. If they were to keep just Richard and DJ though I don't think DJ could handle a song like estranged... Even imagining him playing it is disturbing to me.

Just get slash back for shit sake.

Edited by mr. ritz88

Ughhh... Another guitarist just makes them look even more pathetic. If they were to keep just Richard and DJ though I don't think DJ could handle a song like estranged... Even imagining him playing it is disturbing to me.

Just get slash back for shit sake.

Richard could play lead and Dj could play Izzys part, its not that complicated of a rhythm track.

Personally, I happen to think the chances of either of them working with Axl again are less than the chances of Slash working with Axl again.

As far as "Who could replace BBF?", I'm reasonably sure it'll have to be a no-name person with the ability to replicate the Bucket/BBF parts. I honestly can't see any well known guitarist with a career of their own signing on for this.

I generally respect the shit you post. Tell me why you think Robin would never come back to GN'R? He seemed to leave quietly and then remain on good terms, plus I'm sure his playing is all over the next disc.

I generally respect the shit you post. Tell me why you think Robin would never come back to GN'R? He seemed to leave quietly and then remain on good terms, plus I'm sure his playing is all over the next disc.

It's just a hunch for the most part but there's some things that make me think that way. The biggest one is the eBay sale he did right after he left last time. He sold literally every piece of equipment that was associated with GNR.

Of course, he could use his current gear in GNR but he's an odd dude. It looked to me like he did that eBay thing to completely rid himself of everything to do with GNR.

• Like 1

Axl wanted a band like NIN where Axl owns the band and everyone else is hired, But Robin seems to be happy in NIN because I assume Trent's style of working and interacting is more friendly and its like a band rather than Axl's band, Robin dint fight with anyone and left, but as Axl's band was doing no shit at that time, he moved on and seems to be happy, Robin joined for "Better" in one of the shows a few years back, according to me he should have played the full show that time and not just one song, Even though Robin has recorded stuff for CD 2, I wont be surprised if Axl tells Ashba to Re Record the stuff

Does he really need replacing? They've desperately needed to go back to a 2 guitar format for ages. And this is their chance.

The whole shredder thing never suit GNR, and it never will.

Well...yeah. There is a real need to replace him cause Chinese demands it, and it's still a part of the show. The reasonable scenario is that Axl will release CD ll, resulting in probably a bigger need to have someone on stage that could play more intricate guitar parts.

Like it or not, but it is a part of the sound of new Guns. To not have somebody up there with the chops to play all the material is not something I think Axl will go with or should go with imo.

And btw, Bucket does more then shredding. If what he's saying with the guitar is appropriate to songs that move away from the old Guns sound like Better for example, then it's valid.

Slash did some fast guitar parts in the old albums, so now there are faster guitar parts just like there are a lot of keyboard and Pitman stuff. New elements that ask for musicians that can do more technical stuff.

It doesn't have to meet the sound of old Guns, it needs to meet the new sound. Besides, everything sounds more full when there are 3 guitars live. Appetite had it too. Now the leads are shared as well. I don't see a problem with that.

Edited by Rovim