Who could replace BFF?

I see a problem with 3 guitar setup it`s a complete mess especially when you have a guitarist like DJ who can`t keep up with other two. Guns` does n`t need a shredder never did.

Edited by Dark Knight

Like it or not, but it is a part of the sound of new Guns. To not have somebody up there with the chops to play all the material is not something I think Axl will go with or should go with imo.

He already hired Robin and DJ, it's clearly not something that bothers him too much. Unless he hires the shredder types to overcompensate for those guys.

Like it or not, but it is a part of the sound of new Guns. To not have somebody up there with the chops to play all the material is not something I think Axl will go with or should go with imo.

He already hired Robin and DJ, it's clearly not something that bothers him too much. Unless he hires the shredder types to overcompensate for those guys.

But let's stick to the point I tried to make, shall we?

If the band can't play There Was A Time or Shackler's cause they can't technically do it, then that's unacceptable. Being sloppy like Robin and DJ is not the same thing as not having an important element of the sound represented live.

And none of them can do it, so Axl will have to find a new guitar player to replace Bumble which replaced Bucket. it's been a part of the new Guns sound for 15 years now. What makes you think Axl will suddenly scale back? highly unlikely imo.

Well If i get a chance to be a part of Axl's band and If im seeing good money, then yeah even ill join, I know I will get pissed by Axl's attitude, but well ill be in the band for 10 years, make good money covering parts of other people, buy a house and a car for myself from just one tour which I couldnt do in the past 10 years of my life, be secured in life and get married, I dont mind wearing a top hat and using a Les Paul like Slash, Maybe ill even launch my own clothing line and add Swag at the end of each product

If the band can't play There Was A Time or Shackler's cause they can't technically do it, then that's unacceptable. Being sloppy like Robin and DJ is not the same thing as not having an important element of the sound represented live.

I'm thinking, if they ok with Robin changing the original solos, then whoever else comes along doesn't have to match what either of Bucker or BBF played originally. Might not need to be shred either. Someone else might have more to say with less notes.

Edited by moreblack

They won't be able to play TWAT or Shackler's Revenge without a shredder 1000-notes-per-second like Bumblefoot? My God, Axl's band is finished. Fans will riot all over the world and ticket sales will flop 400%.

Robin Finck would do that easily, I he'll come back again

• Like 1

This is by far the worst GNR lineup ever had. If Axl can somehow find someone even more ridiculous to replace the guy who uses a cheese guitar I hope his army of fanatics realize this is all a big joke and stop taking Axl and his words so seriously.

Axl, as an artist, is pathetic. Let's be real here. Even BBF with a fucking home studio managed to record a deced sounding album and I do like to believe he's not half as talented as Axl is.

Axl's performances are shit. OHHH BUT PROSITAH FROM VEGAS. SHUT THE FUCK UP. That was good, but it was like a flower inside a trash can (sorry for the cliché). Dude is done, sings like shit, looks like shit and simply doesn't care. His family of emplyees can't get anymore cringeworthy. His bandmates are all "out of the loop" collecting paychecks for playing songs they didn't write nor they care much about.

You know who could replace BBF? Some bearded lady midget. What would be the difference? Who would notice? Who would care? The band is a joke and has been a joke for years now. You have to have a differente kind of the TRUTH going on in your mind to think otherwise.

Oh but PRINCE AXEL ROSS said there's an album which is done. FUCKING LOL. Oh but LORD ROSES IS JUST LATE. FUCKING LOL. Keep telling that to yourselves, nutters (sorry for using that term). I guarantee Axl doesn't care about BFF, his replacement, or anything besides drinking beer with his "family". That's reality. That's the truth. BuT mAyTaRd, uR JuSt a sexUlAllY FruStrAted cupcake!!!11 huehue. Anyone with a sane mind, regardless of sexual situtaion knows the band is done and has been a joke for years now. Those who think otherwise masturbate to those fat clown wrestling heroes and have a pic of young Axl on their wall to which they say "GOOD MORNING LINDO!!!! every day".

Fucking ciao.

tumblr_m46g1sYaKB1qcqczdo1_500.gif

I would like to see Axl bring in a younger kid. Look around for the top talent among young guitarest, and bring him or her in. ONly if gnr becomes serious aabout releasing an album though. I don't want some kids career ruined because Axl didn't do anything.

you think Ashba ain't ebough?

you think they need another kid after Ashba??

Edited by shotsfired cro

Is there any point? Axl can't sing, Ashba is a fucking pathetic joke. GnR is an industry wide laughing stock and totally irrelevant to anyone other than the people who go to see them live and hear November Rain and Sweet Child... Axl realies this, that is why he has non-stop toured the same tired, setlist and show and hasn't released anything new. Hardcore fans want new music, the rest of the world want to hear Axl Rose and slash playing their songs together live. Utterly pointless to get another "employee" in to the Axl Rose Project. It isn't about the fans, it is totally about the ego of the boss and the hired hands

treading as carefully as they can on the eggshells around him. That and the $ it is earning him and the cleaner's clan. It really is pathetic.

On top of that, anything that any potential new guy did record would end up lifeless, overproduced and have 16 irrelevant sub bass parts clagged onto it in the studio, just like CD.

I didn't see anyone point this out before, so I might say this out loud.

The reason he plays Greatest hits for the last 10 years is because NOBODY cares about his Slashless music, regardless of it being from CD or Cd 55, and he seems to be aware of that despite hiding that acknowledgment.

To be fair, that's the case for a lot of "classic" bands these days regardless if the original members have stayed on board. A lot of the audiences at live shows are just very casual fans who want to hear whatever the big hit is, and go home and they couldn't care less about whatever new music the band has out. If Axl were to trot out there with a set list that included nothing but the most obscure songs from UYI and AfD and avoid playing Jungle/It's So Easy/SCOM/Paradise City --ie,. Slash music but not hits - he'd probably disappoint a lot of the audience too.

Or he could do what most artists do and play all the hits but ALSO mix in 4-5 new or deep cuts each tour.

GnR is doing three hour shows. Fans are not going to leave mid show in protest if Axl decides to play coma and the general one night instead of mr brownstone and dizzy's piano solo.

Nobody is saying they need to drop he staples.

I would like to see Axl bring in a younger kid. Look around for the top talent among young guitarest, and bring him or her in. ONly if gnr becomes serious aabout releasing an album though. I don't want some kids career ruined because Axl didn't do anything.

DJ Ashba is 42 years old. Hardly a kid.

DJ Ashba is 42 years old. Hardly a kid.

I'm thinking like early 20's. A kid with motivation and talent.

This is by far the worst GNR lineup ever had. If Axl can somehow find someone even more ridiculous to replace the guy who uses a cheese guitar I hope his army of fanatics realize this is all a big joke and stop taking Axl and his words so seriously.

Axl, as an artist, is pathetic. Let's be real here. Even BBF with a fucking home studio managed to record a deced sounding album and I do like to believe he's not half as talented as Axl is.

Axl's performances are shit. OHHH BUT PROSITAH FROM VEGAS. SHUT THE FUCK UP. That was good, but it was like a flower inside a trash can (sorry for the cliché). Dude is done, sings like shit, looks like shit and simply doesn't care. His family of emplyees can't get anymore cringeworthy. His bandmates are all "out of the loop" collecting paychecks for playing songs they didn't write nor they care much about.

You know who could replace BBF? Some bearded lady midget. What would be the difference? Who would notice? Who would care? The band is a joke and has been a joke for years now. You have to have a differente kind of the TRUTH going on in your mind to think otherwise.

Oh but PRINCE AXEL ROSS said there's an album which is done. FUCKING LOL. Oh but LORD ROSES IS JUST LATE. FUCKING LOL. Keep telling that to yourselves, nutters (sorry for using that term). I guarantee Axl doesn't care about BFF, his replacement, or anything besides drinking beer with his "family". That's reality. That's the truth. BuT mAyTaRd, uR JuSt a sexUlAllY FruStrAted cupcake!!!11 huehue. Anyone with a sane mind, regardless of sexual situtaion knows the band is done and has been a joke for years now. Those who think otherwise masturbate to those fat clown wrestling heroes and have a pic of young Axl on their wall to which they say "GOOD MORNING LINDO!!!! every day".

Fucking ciao.

Laughed out loud through this post.

Fucking gold, my man. Absolutely spot on.

Fucking ciao.

Omg, I don't even care if I agree or not that was hilarious :lol:

Guys! Ashba can just "this i love solo" the Bumblefoot/Bucket parts.... You know? Fail miserably the first time then change them to something easier that sounds shit and then claim that the version he plays suits the live setting more than the original! Keep the faith, the new one is better than the old one.

• Like 2

Guys! Ashba can just "this i love solo" the Bumblefoot/Bucket parts.... You know? Fail miserably the first time then change them to something easier that sounds shit and then claim that the version he plays suits the live setting more than the original! Keep the faith, the new one is better than the old one.

It's not all about guitaring though, we must need respect the Ashba for his marketing skills and how he invent new Gunners.

edit: guitaring for Axel

Edited by DR DOOM
  • Like 1