Old School Hip-Hop

J Dog

6 minutes ago, Silverburst80 said:

Man I love that old DMX. His later albums ain't bad but his first 3 are all classics.

One of the best album intros ever. "You won't take this from me baby, You will not take this from me ba-by! No. Grrrrrr"

• Like 1

Yeah man old DMX gets you hyped, his stuttery delivery kinda grates after awhile personally but man he was on roll for awhile there. I think he certainly brought hardcore bangers to the forefront again after Puff flooded the market with all the flashy shit and he probably was the last rapper with a hardcore sound to get that big, then it kinda all changed again when your Nelly's and shit brought back the more dancey stuff.

Edited by Silverburst80

13 minutes ago, Silverburst80 said:

Yeah man old DMX gets you hyped, his stuttery delivery kinda grates after awhile personally but man he was on roll for awhile there. I think he certainly brought hardcore bangers to the forefront again after Puff flooded the market with all the flashy shit and he probably was the last rapper with a hardcore sound to get that big, then it kinda all changed again when your Nelly's and shit brought back the more dancey stuff.

Yea he came along at the perfect time. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...