Slash Ft Myles Kennedy - Live At The Roxy 25.09.2014 DVD/BR/CD/3LP

Slash2baz

Wierd songs are missing they must of fucked them up not to have Halo. Its shits me how they have Additional Tracks

[01] Stone Blind

[02] You're Crazy
[03] Wicked Stone
[04] 30 Years To Life
Am gonna add them into the show for my harddrive
Edited by Gibbo 27

Alright.

Gave a few listens to Live At The Roxy (CD). I'm pretty disappointed by it. A few thoughts...

- The abrupt start during Ghost sounds weird.

- The performance is very lacking. Slash has on more than a few instances the "sticky fingers syndrome" I mentioned when I saw him live a few months ago in Paris. The extended jam during Rocket Queen is very, very sloppy. Nice to hear a few licks reminiscent of his talkbox solo during the UYI tour, but overall it goes absolutely nowhere...Only the amazing groove from the song saves the whole.

Myles is pretty good. A few instances where his vocal choices don't work (YCBM comes to mind).Todd, Brent and Franck are faultless obviously.

-Anastasia is good, but the first solo is sloppy as eff. The 12 strings part sounds great.

- Most of the WOF songs pretty much suck. Only Wicked Stone really works, but isn't up to par to the studio version.

- The audience suck. You can't hear them most of the time. I don't like overbearing crowd noise a la Live Era or Maiden/ACDC River Plate releases, but FFS.

-There's quite a few instances of audible saturation on Franck's track.

-I HATE Slash's tone on Sweet Child. Way too processed.

As you can tell, I'm very disappointed. I won't buy the Blu Ray. Stoke was way, way better than Roxy. No contest, really. Just rip the audio from the MTV Glasgow show if you want something more recent and professionnal sounding.

Alright.

Gave a few listens to Live At The Roxy (CD). I'm pretty disappointed by it. A few thoughts...

- The abrupt start during Ghost sounds weird.

- The performance is very lacking. Slash has on more than a few instances the "sticky fingers syndrome" I mentioned when I saw him live a few months ago in Paris. The extended jam during Rocket Queen is very, very sloppy. Nice to hear a few licks reminiscent of his talkbox solo during the UYI tour, but overall it goes absolutely nowhere...Only the amazing groove from the song saves the whole.

Myles is pretty good. A few instances where his vocal choices don't work (YCBM comes to mind).Todd, Brent and Franck are faultless obviously.

-Anastasia is good, but the first solo is sloppy as eff. The 12 strings part sounds great.

- Most of the WOF songs pretty much suck. Only Wicked Stone really works, but isn't up to par to the studio version.

- The audience suck. You can't hear them most of the time. I don't like overbearing crowd noise a la Live Era or Maiden/ACDC River Plate releases, but FFS.

-There's quite a few instances of audible saturation on Franck's track.

-I HATE Slash's tone on Sweet Child. Way too processed.

As you can tell, I'm very disappointed. I won't buy the Blu Ray. Stoke was way, way better than Roxy. No contest, really. Just rip the audio from the MTV Glasgow show if you want something more recent and professionnal sounding.

Word for word!

I listen to this on Spotifyand only really like Anastasia's 12 string solo, other than that this show is below than average...

Slash rarely fucks up live releases, but this one is horrid and bloated

I listen to this on Spotifyand only really like Anastasia's 12 string solo,

Don't see or hear no 12 string solo on Anastasia. Are you calling it a 12 string because it's got two 6 string necks?

I listen to this on Spotifyand only really like Anastasia's 12 string solo,

Don't see or hear no 12 string solo on Anastasia. Are you calling it a 12 string because it's got two 6 string necks?
Yup, my mistake. Wasn't sure if the double neck he uses had a 12 or a 6 string neck.

• 2 weeks later...

I just listened to over half of it and thought it was pretty bad ass.. I don't know what the hell all you guys are talking about. I got through Rocket Queen.. I will definitely atleast be buying the audio CD.

I don't know either. It's not their best gig but it's still a very good show.

• Like 1

I would go with Rock Am Ring 2015 rather than Live in Roxy.

Overall the volt or the hellfest gig are the go better then rock am ring the band is on fire at hellfest if you havent watched them check them out

Edited by Gibbo 27

I would go with Rock Am Ring 2015 rather than Live in Roxy.

Overall the volt or the hellfest gig are the go better then rock am ring the band is on fire at hellfest if you havent watched them check them out

Yeah I heard A lot about the Volt, but it been getting removed from youtube