What are you currently playing? Last game played?

21 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

You would love the Earth Defense Force series.

P.S. EDF! EDF! EDF!

Is that on Xbox 360?

I loved that game Crackdown and that GTA style game set on a desert island where you parachute around, er Just Cause. 

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

Haven't played that one but it's probably good. I'd go for 2017 or get 5 but that's only on PS4 in Japan currently.

Is it online multiplayer? As in the latest game will have more online playrs. 

13 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

The newer games are. I don't think 2017 is, it came out like the mid 2000's

Maybe it will come out on Games with Gold but I’ll pick one up if I see it. Might get Crackdown 2. I like run and gun chaos!

• 2 weeks later...

Football Director on the ipad. I got sacked by Leicester in the second season but I feel I converted them from a counter attack team into a relegated passing based team while bankrupting them with great flair. 

Edited by wasted

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 5:26 PM, OmarBradley said:

Monster Hunter: World comes out for PC in two days. Been eyeing it.

Anyone playing?

I was scoping this out too, but I'm really into No Mans Sky after the NEXT update, so I don't think I would play it.  Always good to wait a few days on PC releases, let them work out the major bugs first.

On 8/8/2018 at 10:20 PM, DeadSlash said:

I was scoping this out too, but I'm really into No Mans Sky after the NEXT update, so I don't think I would play it.  Always good to wait a few days on PC releases, let them work out the major bugs first.

Well, turns out I won't be playing this. Apparently the anti-pirating software Capcom used requires processors with FMA3 compatabiliy - Intel introduced this with Haswell in 2013. My processor is a 2011 Sandy Bridge. So I literally won't be able to play the game. :/

Bought the Metro Redux package instead.

4 hours ago, OmarBradley said:

Well, turns out I won't be playing this. Apparently the anti-pirating software Capcom used requires processors with FMA3 compatabiliy - Intel introduced this with Haswell in 2013. My processor is a 2011 Sandy Bridge. So I literally won't be able to play the game. :/

Bought the Metro Redux package instead.

The Metro series is amazing, did you have the original and just upgraded to the redux, or is this your first time playing them?

2 hours ago, DeadSlash said:

The Metro series is amazing, did you have the original and just upgraded to the redux, or is this your first time playing them?

First time. Exodus looks great, so figured I'd do these two in the meantime since they're short games. Put about 2 hours into 2033 today, I'm enjoying it.

Edited by OmarBradley
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, OmarBradley said:

First time. Exodus looks great, so figured I'd do these two in the meantime since they're short games. Put about 2 hours into 2033 today, I'm enjoying it.

I'm a big fan, very excited about the 3rd installment.  Metro is one of my favorite all-time franchises.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2018 at 8:16 PM, DeadSlash said:

I'm a big fan, very excited about the 3rd installment.  Metro is one of my favorite all-time franchises.

Finished 2033 last night. By half way through, I was completely into it. I've never really played anything horror/survival-like before (not that this is explicitly that, but those elements are definitely there). I found it to be incredibly immersive with the music and scripting of gameplay (something I usually am not fond of being an RPG guy), barely any HUD and I didn't use a crosshair. 

The game gave me Dishonored vibes, which is a very good thing. I got the canon Ranger ending, didn't even know there was another option until I read guides after finishing. Seems like to get the "good" ending you have to make things very difficult for your playthrough. I played on regular mode and there were two times I ran out of ammo, but was able to stealth/knife/grenade my way through. Can't imagine what the game would be like on the harder settings with less ammo, or playing for the "good" ending by not looting corpses, etc.

Will probably start Last Light today/tonight.

EDIT: Also found the story/writing a bit stereotypical and expected, but it was in a very enjoyable way and I never found myself rolling my eyes. Maybe it's those Russian accents... :lol:

Edited by OmarBradley

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 4:58 PM, Oldest Goat said:

Metro Exodus should be really cool

I read that the new Metro is made with the new Nvidia 2080 cards.  I hope that means it will be a graphical leap forward, but I don't know enough about the new cards to know if that is true.

Just now, Oldest Goat said:

Did you see this trailer? Looks pretty slick. If my 1080ti can't run it on ultra 1440p - that's bs.

Yes, I saw it and it looks amazing!

I kind of agree, because I'm on the 1080ti too, but the OTHER side of the coin is what if this signals a return to the old school format of PC games where they kept pushing the boundary of visuals, and a lot of the top tier games like Crysis and Doom3 could only be run like butter on medium at release, but when ever you upgraded your card, you could play the game again, and it had amazing visuals 2 years later.  I'm on the fence about it, because I want to run it at max out of the box, but I also liked it when games were "future proof."

That concept has all but died since consoles took over, BUT the last game that did that was the first Metro.  It was called the "Crysis" of dx11 because it was made to maximize the full potential of cards that nobody had yet.  It's in their DNA to program forward, and I guess the bottom line is I won't mind if I can't run it on ultra, if it looks incredible on high and the ultra settings incorporate like DX13 or some graphical effects that don't exist currently.

19 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

It's true that there's basically negligible difference between very high and ultra, as long as I can play at 1440p 75fps with everything pretty much maxed out I'll be happy. I just got my comp so it's like jeez you guys aren't even technically fully using the capabilities of these cards, slow down. But it's the nature of the beast I suppose and consoles are partly to blame.

FYI, some good news for owners of the 1080ti, there are no actual benchmarks because none of the cards have been shipped yet, but the consensus is that based on the specs, this is going to be a very small increase and not a "must have" card.

Yeas, the more I'm reading on this, the worse it looks.  It was apparently on display at the show, running the new Tomb Raider game that was supposedly designed with the 2080 in mind, and it was averaging a paltry 44 fps.  They wouldn't let the people see what the settings were, but some people were thinking it wasn't even on ultra.