What are you currently playing? Last game played?

4 minutes ago, downzy said:

Yeah, I have buddies who play COD all day, everyday like it’s their jobs (they somehow get a paycheque for doing almost next to nothing). I honestly don’t get it. To each their own but there’s much more I would prefer to do with my limited time. 

I'd compare it to learning a musical instrument really. You can't think about what you're doing so you basically have to train reflexes and muscle memory to be quick enough or you're dogmeat. It's like trying to play the SCOM solo while thinking about every note. It's just not possible.

9 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I'd compare it to learning a musical instrument really. You can't think about what you're doing so you basically have to train reflexes and muscle memory to be quick enough or you're dogmeat. It's like trying to play the SCOM solo while thinking about every note. It's just not possible.

I use to play a lot of Tiger Woods five-six years ago on Xbox. Got to the point I was the number one ranked player in tournament play. But eventually it got tiring and not worth the effort to keep my rank. Realized that I would rather learn and improve skills that have a real life reward than some perceived digital credit.  I know feel guilty whenever i power up my xbox as I usually feel i could be doing something better with my time.  Though that feeling goes away whenever i play GTA or RDR.

With FPS i just don’t think my brain/hands work fast enough to be competitive. With golf it was more about turn based skill and strategy that wasn’t based on one’s ability to instantly respond. 

18 minutes ago, downzy said:

With FPS i just don’t think my brain/hands work fast enough to be competitive. With golf it was more about turn based skill and strategy that wasn’t based on one’s ability to instantly respond. 

It's a weird thing to explain it's like you're playing for ages and getting your arse handed to you until suddenly something clicks. Suddenly you can aim with a flick of the stick and you're bagging headshot after headshot without really thinking about it. Like you're in the zone in some kind of trance and it's awesome. Then you put it down for a couple of days, go back to it and you're shite again. :lol: 

38 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Then you put it down for a couple of days, go back to it and you're shite again. :lol:

Probably why a few of my friends play day in, day out like it’s their job. 

Covid-19 is probably the best thing to ever happen to them.  

I'm back to work so game time is a little more limited, but I've been slowly going through Horizon: Zero Dawn. I got the complete edition for $10 so despite the fact that I'm not totally into it I can't complain. From a technical perspective, the game is astounding and it's easily one of the most visually appealing games I've ever played. That said, I'm just not totally into the story so I find I've been skipping a lot of the side quests in an effort to find a hook. In terms of gameplay, it has so much in common with Tomb Raider that part of me is just like "I'd rather be playing Tomb Raider" but with that said, I'm happy to give it a fair chance based on the praise.

I usually do a couple quests and then go back to playing Hitman/Hitman 2. I truly can't get enough of those games lately.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

Got that, Ghost of Tsushima and Spiderman. Haven't had a lot of time to play on them thus far.

I’ve been playing through The Witcher 3 on PS4. I bought it for about £5 in a sale on the PlayStation store, it’s worth the money full price but it’ll probably end up back in the sale at some point. 

I also got The Last of Us remastered and the new release and I love both of those games but there’s been a lot of negativity about the second one for its storyline. I would highly recommend them both, though. 

Ratchet and Clank is good fun. 

1 minute ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I’ve been playing through The Witcher 3 on PS4. I bought it for about £5 in a sale on the PlayStation store, it’s worth the money full price but it’ll probably end up back in the sale at some point. 

I also got The Last of Us remastered and the new release and I love both of those games but there’s been a lot of negativity about the second one for its storyline. I would highly recommend them both, though. 

Ratchet and Clank is good fun. 

I've not bothered with the PS4 upto now mainly due to a preference for the XBox controller but there's just so many awesome looking exclusives on PS4 now that I couldn't hold out any longer. I've got Last of Us on PS3 but not managed to play through that much of it and don't want to play the sequel without finishing the original game first. I've been wanting to play Spiderman for ages along with God of War, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Bloodborne, Uncharted 4 and loads of others. The Dualshock 4 is also a pretty awesome controller compared to the DS2 and 3 which I really didn't like at all. 

4 hours ago, Dazey said:

I've not bothered with the PS4 upto now mainly due to a preference for the XBox controller but there's just so many awesome looking exclusives on PS4 now that I couldn't hold out any longer. I've got Last of Us on PS3 but not managed to play through that much of it and don't want to play the sequel without finishing the original game first. I've been wanting to play Spiderman for ages along with God of War, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Bloodborne, Uncharted 4 and loads of others. The Dualshock 4 is also a pretty awesome controller compared to the DS2 and 3 which I really didn't like at all. 

I haven't played it myself but one game I wish I could try is Dreams.  Looks out there but also fun.  

4 hours ago, Dazey said:

I’ve always preferred the Xbox controller too, it just works so much better for games where you have to move the camera a lot. I’ve always bought the PlayStation but then used to get the Xbox for Fable but I’d end up playing a lot of games on Xbox rather than PlayStation for the controller. 

The first year of ps3 was awful for games. I can remember still playing ps2 games for ages after it’s launch. 

Most of the exclusives for the PS4 are worth playing. Uncharted 4 is amazing. 

On 21/07/2020 at 7:41 PM, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I’ve always preferred the Xbox controller too, it just works so much better for games where you have to move the camera a lot. I’ve always bought the PlayStation but then used to get the Xbox for Fable but I’d end up playing a lot of games on Xbox rather than PlayStation for the controller. 

The first year of ps3 was awful for games. I can remember still playing ps2 games for ages after it’s launch. 

Most of the exclusives for the PS4 are worth playing. Uncharted 4 is amazing. 

Uncharted 4 is only £7.99 on the PS Store. Bought it last night. Should have installed by the time I get home from work.

Just bought Bloodborne. Downloading it now so I predict I'll have smashed my controller in a couple of hours if my experience with Dark Souls 3 is anything to go by. :lol: 

Died over 50 times trying to beat the first enemy. Not the first boss. The first ENEMY! :lol: 

Edited by Dazey

Finished the main story and got the platinum trophy on Ghost of Tsushima yesterday. I've never went for platinum before, quite enjoyed the experience. I've had 4 weeks off work now and with this weather I don't think I've played as much video games since I was a kid, if even then. Before GoT got released I played Days Gone which was really fkn good too. 

10 hours ago, CheapJon said:

Finished the main story and got the platinum trophy on Ghost of Tsushima yesterday. I've never went for platinum before, quite enjoyed the experience. I've had 4 weeks off work now and with this weather I don't think I've played as much video games since I was a kid, if even then. Before GoT got released I played Days Gone which was really fkn good too. 

I did entire Far Cry 5 and Far Cry: New Dawn during the home office lockdown. :D

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. Absolutely phenomenal at locked 60fps max settings on PC. It’s also absolutely fucking ROCK HARD. Imagine Dark Souls/Bloodborne with no way to level up your character when things get tough. 

1 hour ago, downzy said:

You're talking about the game, right?  

Unfortunately yes. I on the other hand have been left somewhat limp by the experience. I mean fucking hell its just punishing. You’d think that would be a bad thing but I’m also totally hooked. :lol: 

46 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Unfortunately yes. I on the other hand have been left somewhat limp by the experience. I mean fucking hell its just punishing. You’d think that would be a bad thing but I’m also totally hooked. :lol: 

If only you had a signed book of your hero close by to lift your spirits during your battles...

Mzuz3pX.jpg 

5 minutes ago, downzy said:

If only you had a signed book of your hero close by to lift your spirits during your battles...

Mzuz3pX.jpg 

Damnit! I knew I was missing something! I should also put my Night Rocker LP* on. :lol: 

71XVHInaBiL._SS500_.jpg

*yes I also own this. :lol: 

Edited by Dazey
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

Damnit! I knew I was missing something! I should also put my Night Rocker LP* on. :lol: 

71XVHInaBiL._SS500_.jpg

*yes I also own this. :lol: 

I would very much like to imagine that the Hoff's outfit on Night Rocker has been a Dazey halloween costume.