What are you currently playing? Last game played?

Thinking of doing another RPG now that Witcher is done, still in RPG mode.

I'm considering one of the following:

Dark Souls

Neverwinter Nights

Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion

Dragon Age Inquisition (I played the first one, but not the second).

And suggestions?

I prefer Inquisition to The Witcher 3 (yeah shoot me).

Neverwinter Night's is a classic if you make sure you have all the expansions.

Morrowind is more hardcore/in depth than Oblivion if you can get past the graphics, dated combat system and all the bugs. Still proper hardcore though. Oblivion is good and has a better main story, but it's not perfect. If you want something close to Skyrim, Oblivion is probably the better option. If you want a RPG that'll suck up lots of time and have endless content, then Morrowind.

Darksouls is barely an RPG.

Currently waisting my time playing Master of Orion II: Battle at Antares

Well, I went with Dark Souls. Found the first game for $7, figured that was a pretty good deal. Will start with that one.

I'd be interested in DA: Inq., as I did play Origins, but at $50-$60 still, I'll wait for it to come down in price.

Dark Souls

Neverwinter Nights

And suggestions?

Morrowind is more hardcore/in depth than Oblivion if you can get past the graphics, dated combat system and all the bugs. Still proper hardcore though. Oblivion is good and has a better main story, but it's not perfect. If you want something close to Skyrim, Oblivion is probably the better option. If you want a RPG that'll suck up lots of time and have endless content, then Morrowind.

Well, I went with Dark Souls. Found the first game for $7, figured that was a pretty good deal. Will start with that one.

I'd be interested in DA: Inq., as I did play Origins, but at $50-$60 still, I'll wait for it to come down in price.

You game on PC, right? Use http://isthereanydeal.com, with the latter you can import your Steam wishlist and/or add games to be notified of deals.

Edited by Amir

I bought Inquisition and ended up trading it in a few months later, it only ever got a couple hours of play. It was fine, but I think The Witcher just made it seem a bit crappy and I didn't have the time for it. Figured I might as well cash in on it while I still could.

Dark Souls

Neverwinter Nights

And suggestions?

You game on PC, right? Use http://isthereanydeal.com, with the latter you can import your Steam wishlist and/or add games to be notified of deals.

Thanks I'll check those sites. I've had very good luck with http://www.allkeyshop.com/. I've never seen another site beat their deals.

Played about 30 minutes of Dark Souls last night.................. it may be the worst port I've ever played. Worse than AC: U. I'm going to plug an Xbox controller into my PC and play that way, hopefully it helps.

Seriously though, the PC optimization is a joke. I'm assuming it's better for II.

Dark Souls

Neverwinter Nights

And suggestions?

Thanks I'll check those sites. I've had very good luck with http://www.allkeyshop.com/. I've never seen another site beat their deals.

Played about 30 minutes of Dark Souls last night.................. it may be the worst port I've ever played. Worse than AC: U. I'm going to plug an Xbox controller into my PC and play that way, hopefully it helps.

Seriously though, the PC optimization is a joke. I'm assuming it's better for II.

http://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/19

;)

Dark Souls

Neverwinter Nights

And suggestions?

http://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/19

;)

Yeah I tried that last night, really didn't do too much IMO. The camera is still shaky as hell and it won't center, it's still based off the regular Windows cursor which is annoying. Maybe I missed something in the installation.

I guess I'm sort of enjoying Dark Souls. It's fucking tough lol, and I fucked up early on by killing someone I shouldn't have which will make the next boss tougher :/.

I've got it modded to hell, so it's passably playable now. Overall, I don't think this game is exactly what I was looking for, whoever said earlier that Dark Souls is barely an RPG was right. But, I bought it, and as a PC gamer I'm not going to be the guy who says, "yeah Dark Souls was too hard I never finished it." I'm in it for the long haul now. I hear II is a bit better done, not necessarily easier, but more thought out.

Trying to get the platinum trophy on Drakengard 3. Broken mess of a game, but I'm a huge fan of the series.

Don't know much about that series, but from the Googling I just did, I think I'd like it. Seems like a fairly standard JRPG, and there's nothing wrong with that.

I guess I'm sort of enjoying Dark Souls. It's fucking tough lol, and I fucked up early on by killing someone I shouldn't have which will make the next boss tougher :/.

I've got it modded to hell, so it's passably playable now. Overall, I don't think this game is exactly what I was looking for, whoever said earlier that Dark Souls is barely an RPG was right. But, I bought it, and as a PC gamer I'm not going to be the guy who says, "yeah Dark Souls was too hard I never finished it." I'm in it for the long haul now. I hear II is a bit better done, not necessarily easier, but more thought out.

Trying to get the platinum trophy on Drakengard 3. Broken mess of a game, but I'm a huge fan of the series.

Don't know much about that series, but from the Googling I just did, I think I'd like it. Seems like a fairly standard JRPG, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Nope. Done with Dark Souls. Spent the last two hours on my break trying to kill the bridge wyvern. I don't want to spend 75% of my play time on bosses, this is not the game for me.

Nope. Done with Dark Souls. Spent the last two hours on my break trying to kill the bridge wyvern. I don't want to spend 75% of my play time on bosses, this is not the game for me.

i was the same way i tried to play it on PC and the controls were awful, the camera fucking sucked and the hit detection is awful and the game would lag badly. i love fighting huge bosses and ii love playing difficult games but this was a train wreck of a port IMO.

Edited by bran

I'm really just buying time until MGSV comes out, but I'm still really enjoying F1 2015. I'm on my second season just now. The game isn't without fault by any means, but the core gameplay is the best the series has ever had.

I've just been playing Rare Replay. It's pretty good, but I only casually play it. I needed something to sink my teeth into, so I ordered Witcher 3. Should be here tomorrow.

That's my view of it. I beat Perfect Datk and have moved on to Conker, but I'm not actively sinking many hours into it. It's good to have as a "filler" game as I wait for the new Tomb Raider.

Speaking of Perfect Dark - the game has aged pretty well. I never got the 360 Arcade version so it was great to finally play it with updated textures and a smooth frame rate. As far as gameplay goes though, it holds up well. My only complaint is that the manual aiming is clunky no matter what I do to the sensitivity. I'm just so used to the N64 analog stick for it.

• Like 1

I've just been playing Rare Replay. It's pretty good, but I only casually play it. I needed something to sink my teeth into, so I ordered Witcher 3. Should be here tomorrow.

That's my view of it. I beat Perfect Datk and have moved on to Conker, but I'm not actively sinking many hours into it. It's good to have as a "filler" game as I wait for the new Tomb Raider.

Speaking of Perfect Dark - the game has aged pretty well. I never got the 360 Arcade version so it was great to finally play it with updated textures and a smooth frame rate. As far as gameplay goes though, it holds up well. My only complaint is that the manual aiming is clunky no matter what I do to the sensitivity. I'm just so used to the N64 analog stick for it.

Perfect Dark has aged so well, it's unbelievable. It's aged much better than PD Zero, which is okay, but can be pretty clunky.

I tried to play Conker, but the controls are kinda wonky for me. Are you experiencing that too? There's no option to invert controls or anything. I haven't touched it since because it's so unusual. Anyone know if they've fixed that?

My roommate texted me telling me that he has an extra copy of Metal Gear Solid 5 ordered, so I bought the Legacy Collection last week and started playing through the games. I just finished Metal Gear Solid 2 last night. Wrote this on another forum:

I finished Metal Gear Solid 2 earlier tonight. I eventually got used to the controls and ended up enjoying the game. I think one of my biggest issues is that Snake's section of the game is the hardest section in the game, which doesn't make much sense in terms of your standard difficulty curves. I've heard that his section was originally the game's demo, but whatever. Raiden's section of the game, which is most of the game, is generally pretty easy so the shortcomings of the gameplay weren't as punishing, which made the game easier to enjoy. For most of Raiden's part, you'll just find a handful of guards in a room that are extremely easy to put to sleep with your M9. Eventually you get the guys who report in, but they're pretty easy to just avoid. I probably died most in parts that didn't even have anything to do with the standard stealth gameplay. I died a lot after the Harrier fight by trying to make some jump across a pipe. I also died a lot disarming bombs since I apparently have terrible aim.

I liked the boss fights, for the most part. I didn't think any of them were quite as good as my favorites from the first game, but none of them were as annoying as the worst ones from the first game, either. Fatman was the most annoying of the bunch this time around. I found it difficult to hit him with consecutive shots so that he'd fall down, so the fight took me forever. Thankfully he stops planting his bombs after he does a certain number of them. The hardest fight was pretty clearly the Metal Gear RAY fight. Their patterns were simple, but the amount of damage is pretty punishing. Dodging isn't particularly difficult, but you only need to mess up a few times over a very long fight in order to lose. I think that may have actually been the only boss fight I lost. I may have lost once or twice against the Harrier, but I can't remember. It's pretty difficult to lose if you're stocked up on Rations, and there are plenty in the game. The Vamp fight had potential, but he was a pushover. The final boss was kind of a pushover, too. Both fights were pretty fun, though, at the very least.

The story was alright, I guess. It went a bit off the deep end towards the end there to say the least. I wasn't exactly captivated, but I was certainly entertained, which is usually all I'm looking for. From what I know of Metal Gear Solid 4, a lot of this crazy-ass information seems pretty crucial.

Good game. Certainly better than the first one, though my opinion on them both is similar in that it's ultimately a game that does a lot of the "difficult" stuff very well but a lot of the "fundamentals" (gameplay, namely) are somewhat lacking. That said, it managed to improve in both areas with this game. Looking forward to starting 3, probably tomorrow.

I think I'll start 3 after dinner in a few minutes.