Would this EP tide you over until the next album?

If GnR released this EP next month, how long would it hold you over until getting anxious again about the CD follow-up?

I guess the point or question is why not just throw some stuff out there. Be a perfectionist, wait a decade or 20 years before releasing your masterpiece, etc. But why not in the middle of that, occasionally releasing an EP for the fans to enjoy?

What would you all think of this EP? How long would it tied you over?

Live Side

Catcher

Better

Twat

Yesterdays

Studio

OMG

Seeker

Riff Raff

One brand new song - don't even have to go into the legendary top-secret vault of songs (general, thyme, soulmonster, etc) - just pick the best song of the 12 that Ashba says he turned in.

A week in the studio and that album would be finished.

Since I only care for new material, this EP you propose is shite to me.

I'd only want the new song, so just sell it on iTunes for 0,99 and I'll get it ASAP.

It wouldn't hold me over, though. It'd make me go crazier than I am.

• Like 2

I like the idea, I'd not include two covers, probably just the one... and that'd be 'The Seeker'. I wouldn't include OMG, as it's an already released song... I don't see it getting a 2nd release unless it's a remix version or almost nothing like the original version... That song has a cool verse and a great chorus, the rest of it is flab.

As for the live side, TWAT has only been nailed a few times, and beyond fan forums it's not such a big deal. If you have to have three CD songs, It's 'Better', 'Chinese democracy' and 'Street of dreams'.

1. Chinese Democracy

2. Better

3. Street Of Dreams

4. Don't cry

5. Paradise City

6. New song (Studio)

7. Going Down (Studio)

Edited by Tom2112

No live songs whatsoever, no covers, no remixes and for the love of all things holy, not another Oh My God

Obviously that's what we would all love!!!

I was just thinking of something they could literally wrap up in a week of work.

Just clean up the live songs, record the covers and call it a day.

QUICK AND EASY for Axl and the boys to do.

I'd take anything.

This. Although, take away the live stuff, add Going Down and TIL Remix and another new song (it could be an instrumental intro, I don't care) and that EP would probably keep me happy for at least a year.

Good call on Going Down!

Would you want the version we've heard, or the rumored version that has Axl on lead vocals?

No live songs whatsoever, no covers, no remixes and for the love of all things holy, not another Oh My God

I was just thinking of something they could literally wrap up in a week of work.

I'd take anything.

This. Although, take away the live stuff, add Going Down and TIL Remix and another new song (it could be an instrumental intro, I don't care) and that EP would probably keep me happy for at least a year.

Good call on Going Down!

Would you want the version we've heard, or the rumored version that has Axl on lead vocals?

I think the Going Down with Stinson on lead and Axl complimenting some lines is perfect and what makes the song good. If Axl is on lead, that magic is gone.

• Like 1

I'd take anything.

Good call on Going Down!

A cleaned up version of what we've heard would be awesome. Kind of a modern 14 Years style song.

I like the skeleton of the leaked Going Down. Apart from the needless shredding (let Richard do the solos), only complaint would be the hard panned drums and guitars. I actually like the fact that Axl isn't that much present on the track, more powerful when you finally hear him.

I'd rather hear a new studio version of Silkworms than OMG.

But it's ridiculous that we're talking about something to "tide us over" when it's already been seven years since CD came out.

Edited by Towelie

I'd kill for a studio version of Sailing, if only it could be pulled off (which it probably can't)

I was gonna like this comment until you made the assertion "it probably can't."

Are you thinking Axl couldn't match or improve upon the live London performance? If so, I disagree.

If you meant it couldn't be pulled off because of some other reason like copyright issues or Axl's unwillingness to put it out, then I'd +1 your post.

I'd kill for a studio version of Sailing, if only it could be pulled off (which it probably can't)

I was gonna like this comment until you made the assertion "it probably can't."

Are you thinking Axl couldn't match or improve upon the live London performance? If so, I disagree.

If you meant it couldn't be pulled off because of some other reason like copyright issues or Axl's unwillingness to put it out, then I'd +1 your post.

To be honest, I'm not sure if it would measure up to the live performance. Especially vocally, it could be a hit or miss.

Aside from that, I just don't think an album version would work for a few reasons. It could come out sounding over-produced/not mixed well/band wouldn't sound good/any other number of reasons.

And, like you said, Axl's unwillingness. :lol:

I think the Going Down with Stinson on lead and Axl complimenting some lines is perfect and what makes the song good. If Axl is on lead, that magic is gone.

Agreed

I'd rather hear a new studio version of Silkworms than OMG.

Agreed