Are there any old GNR non-album songs that I'm missing?

Non-album tracks by old GNR:

(1) Officially released but not on studio albums:

- It's Alright (on Live Era)

- Whole Lotta Rosie (on Live from the Jungle EP)

- Shadow of Your Love (on Live from the Jungle EP)

- Sympathy for the Devil (on Interview with the Vampire soundtrack)

- Ain't Going Down (instrumental version on GNR pinball machine)

(2) Originals, recorded but not officially released:

- Ain't Going Down (with vocals)

- Bring It Back Home

- Cornshucker

- Crash Diet

- Just Another Sunday

- Sentimental Movie

- Too Much Too Soon

(3) Originals, only played live:

- Indiana Ain't My Kind of Town

(4) Covers, recorded but not officially relased:

- Jumpin' Jack Flash

- Heartbreak Hotel

(5) Covers, only played live:

- too many to mention

Does anybody know if there are any songs I'm missing in categories (2), (3) and (4), disregarding alternative versions of existing songs?

I remember hearing about a song that was recorded I think for UYI but never released and never leaked, but I don't remember the name and it was years ago and it could very well have been bullshit.

I'm sure there must be people with more knowledge than me about this stuff.

I think there are two versions of Shadow. There's also the one on the LALD single.

Jumpin Jack and Heartbreak were recorded in multiple versions too.

You want to count the Godfather theme?

And there's that unnamed track playing in the back on The Making Of Estranged.

And I've seen the instrumental called Too Fast To Live come by on bootlegs.

We're not counting Hollywood Rose?

I've also heard about a studio It Tastes Good, but I'm not sure if that actually exists.

Some studio jams too. The Story has a couple of them.

Is Goodnight Tonight a GnR original?

There was a Heartbreak Hotel released in mostly high fidelity (as opposed to shitty studio demo quality that have no highs) on a compilation album that credited the members singularly, but not as GNR (to actually release it i suppose)

I've only heard 1 version of shadow of your love, one of them was a pitch lower, and the other one was the one that ended up on the live ep with the overdubbed crowd. Both the same take but just altered pitch

Edit: found it

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/hollywood-rocks!-vinyl-edition/id279139745

4th track

Also, you could count the TSI instrumental tracks that had Izzy playing on them (vs gilby) but they obviously werent 'GNR' songs

Edited by Mendez

there are 2 untitled instrumental songs on one of these ACES HIGH Cds

I remember they mentioned recording a song by the band FEAR (if I am not mistaken) for Spaghetti (EDIT = I DONT CARE ABOUT YOU, RECORDED AND RELEASED ON SPAGHETTI, thanks axlsalinger for the heads up)

I also remember they mentioned recording SEARCH AND DESTROY by the Stooges (that must have been replaced by RAW POWER on the final list) for Spaghetti.

The Aint Going Down instrumental version is also known as Meat & Beer jam if I am not mistaken

Axl, Izzy and Slash recorded a terrific version of Under My Wheels with Alice Cooper

the Drunk Fux performed great versions of Scared for Life (Rose tattoo) and I Got a Line on You (Spirit), but Axl didnt sing them live so it is unlikely that the band has ever played that

Axl, Slash, Duff, Lars Ulrich take of Piece of Me (Skid Row) is by far the best ever cover of Skid Row ever performed on Earth

The instrumental blues that the band played on the last of the four Pasadena shows in 1987 is introduced by Axl as a blues song that "the boys been kinda working on" so maybe they have a studio take of it

The improv jam known as Axl's Blues (aka Cop Rap, played in Madinson WI on 1987) which consists of Axl talking over the band playing the blues is so fucking good, but so fucking good, that one could say that it is better than the entire music recorded for Chinese Democracy. I say that!

Duff says all the time that he and Steven used to jam on Cameo's Word Up and Prince tunes to get their groove going. I am pretty sure there must be some live studio recording of it. I know it aint a song but it should be pretty cool to hear that

I remember an old short Robert John video where he recorded what seemed to be the very beginning of a Guns n`Roses rehearsal minus Axl. The band starts a jam and then the video stops. It was a pretty basic jam but these guys are so good together that that stupid jam was so fucking great. I am pretty sure that they have TONS of unfinished/untitled ideas/jams that never got to the point of becoming actual songs, but were recorded. To me thats the holy fucking grail of Guns N Roses, I hope someone anyone can release that stuff some day, this should be priceless

:headbang:

Edited by ludurigan
  • Like 1

there are 2 untitled instrumental songs on one of these ACES HIGH Cds

I remember they mentioned recording a song by the band FEAR (if I am not mistaken) for Spaghetti

I also remember they mentioned recording SEARCH AND DESTROY by the Stooges (that must have been replaced by RAW POWER on the final list) for Spaghetti

The Aint Going Down instrumental version is also known as Meat & Beer jam if I am not mistaken

Axl, Izzy and Slash recorded a terrific version of Under My Wheels with Alice Cooper

the Drunk Fux performed great versions of Scared for Life (Rose tattoo) and I Got a Line on You (Spirit), but Axl didnt sing them live so it is unlikely that the band has ever played that

Axl, Slash, Duff, Lars Ulrich take of Piece of Me (Skid Row) is by far the best ever cover of Skid Row ever performed on Earth

The instrumental blues that the band played on the last of the four Pasadena shows in 1987 is introduced by Axl as a blues song that "the boys been kinda working on" so maybe they have a studio take of it

The improv jam known as Axl's Blues (aka Cop Rap) which consists of Axl talking over the band playing the blues is so fucking good, but so fucking good, that one could say that it is better than the entire music recorded for Chinese Democracy. I say that!

Duff says all the time that he and Steven used to jam on Cameo's Word Up and Prince tunes to get their groove going. I am pretty sure there must be some live studio recording of it. I know it aint a song but it should be pretty cool to hear that

I remember an old short Robert John video where he recorded what seemed to be the very beginning of a Guns n`Roses rehearsal minus Axl. The band starts a jam and then the video stops. It was a pretty basic jam but these guys are so good together that that stupid jam was so fucking great. I am pretty sure that they have TONS of unfinished/untitled ideas/jams that never got to the point of becoming actual songs, but were recorded. To me thats the holy fucking grail of Guns N Roses, I hope someone anyone can release that stuff some day, this should be priceless

:headbang:

Sums it up

also the first time i hear about that Fear reference...

and Cornshucker existed in some form named. Cornshucker Stomp but it never made onn to any bootlegs

've also heard about a studio It Tastes Good, but I'm not sure if that actually exists.

No official recording has been made

But it's a damn good song, if you ask me

and Goodnight Tonight was an Izzy song

If you have patience and time I recommend (if you havent done that) checking the setlists on GNRONTOUR.com from 1986 to 1993

http://www.gnrontour.com/

These setlists are pretty great and informative.

I am pretty sure they performed a lot more covers in the early days, some we probably dont know about.

I remember also that a while ago I mentioned GNRONTOUR.com here and someone mentioned another site that also seemed to have great info on setlists.

The Mark Canter book RECKLESS ROAD has a lot of info on the early days of the band including songs they played/rehearsed in GNR and before GNR