Todd Crew

mend

Marc,

Sorry if it was asked you before, couldn't find it so….

In 1987 Todd Crew died on a overdose while being in New York with Slash.

It had a impact on Slash and the band but did any of the members blamed Slash for it?

And how did Slash handled the dead of his friend? cause he is not good in talking about his feelings.

First of all anyone that does Heroin knows the odds on what can happen. So in the end its Todds own fault. The band was very upset because they loved Tood. Because there were several members of the band that were using Heroin, it is hard to blame anyone for what happened. They probably saw it as Tood took a fall.

It's weird how the RHCPs, Janes Addiction and GNR all got into heroin around the same time, esp when the big drug at the time was crack. I also remember reading Sly Stone was showing up to get high with them, which sounds really out of place.

It's weird how the RHCPs, Janes Addiction and GNR all got into heroin around the same time, esp when the big drug at the time was crack. I also remember reading Sly Stone was showing up to get high with them, which sounds really out of place.

Wasn't he Duffs neighbor and used to "use" in Duffs bathroom?

Wasn't he Duffs neighbor and used to "use" in Duffs bathroom?

Yep

• 1 month later...

A lot of people from my home town got into smack at around the same time as those bands, and as duff said, it had already hit Seattle. Crack seemed like something new and really scared even users of other drugs. It was the ultimate scuzzy drug.

The people from my home town got into smack when they moved to London. I have no idea what happened to them long-term though.

That's just my general impression of how it was in the UK.

Edited by BetterDay7

what? crack was the big drug in 1987?

Epidemic.

Epidemic.

where, in LA?

never heard of that

This is why I stayed away from all this stuff, this is not cool, even smoking is not cool, if one thing destroys you and can kill you then don't do it and stay away from it, people say a truck can hit you anytime and you can die, but there is a difference between standing in the middle of a highway getting hit buy a truck and having an accident