Mick Clink - Adam Day

mend

Marc,

Some people go in and out of our lives but i'm wondering what happend to Adam Day?

He was Slash's tech for a long time and i guess he know everything Slash needs, guitar wise, with his eyes closed.

Was it Adams choice or did Slash needed a fresh look on things?

Same with Mick Clink, he worked with Slash until the first Snakepit record and from there on Slash used different producers.

Is this cause he wanted something fresh or "new"?

Clink was briefly attached to Chinese Democracy around 1997, so that is probably a reason why Clink was not involved with Ain't Life Grand. You have to remember that Slash had a big time producer for that album in Jack Douglas (Aerosmith, John Lennon). Since then, who knows? Scheduling maybe? I think with Velvet Revolver it was obviously a case of, attempting a new sound, and they had a gigantic producer for the second of those LPs in Brendan O' Brian anyhow, but you would have thought Slash might have worked with him on his solo album or with The Conspirators? Reading Clink's profile, it seems he is not overly prolific and likes to branch out into the pop world. He was involved with Sorum again during the Camp Freddy thing; I think this was around 2009.

I'm not sure why Slash doesn't use Mike Clink anymore. I know Slash still keeps some of his equipment at mike's studio and they are still very good friends. As far as Adam, Slash was not able to pay him what Adam can make working with acts that play biger venues. They are still friends.

• Like 3

My guess as far as Clink goes, is that people just go different ways sometimes, and that's the way it works. It's rare for any musician to work with only 1 producer for their entire career, and vice versa. I doubt there's any controversial reason behind it, no doubt that's what would seem to be the most interesting answer, but I bet it isn't.

Yeah I think Mark got it right with Day, same reason why Fortus doesn't use his old tech (Jamie Raskin or something like that, forget the name) any more... the touring income just isn't there to sustain the paychecks of the top level techs.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Doug Redler is a killer tech - Listen since he took over - Redler is the longtime tech for the Black Crows and combine that with Slash's sound and I expected a killer tone and listening to him the last couple months - Slash is on fire and the Tone is to dream about - dont know if it is just by accident or Doug has contributed to it but Slash is playing as good or better than anybody in the music scene right now

Well, Doug is cool a looks like Tig from Sons of Anarchy ! :headbang:
I took this pic of him 2 days ago
doug.jpg
Regarding Clink, he worked with Slash in 2011 on the song "Drive me" by STATE LINE EMPIRE

i know he played on a song with Mary J Blidge too but the song wasn't released yet.

doug.jpg

Regarding Clink, he worked with Slash in 2011 on the song "Drive me" by STATE LINE EMPIRE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSolFPjrbCU

i know he played on a song with Mary J Blidge too but the song wasn't released yet.

Shouldn't Slash record a song with Mary J Blidge a few years ago? What's with that?

doug.jpg

Shouldn't Slash record a song with Mary J Blidge a few years ago? What's with that?

Yeah but as i told above, not released yet or i missed something ! lol