2006 Discussion Thread

downzy

Please use this thread to discuss the threads/discussions that took place in 2006. Every thread that was created in 2006 on this forum can be found here.

I have locked every thread in an effort to preserve each thread as they were originally left at the time of their creations.

The best way to view this section is by sorting threads by the date they were created. If you wish to start from the beginning of 2006 and work yourself to the end, then click on the last page of this section.

All of the most pertinent/interesting/news worthy threads have been pinned. They comprise a little more than three pages of threads. I figured this way the best threads are easily accessible and saves visitors from sifting through thousands of threads. If you feel as though i have missed an important thread which should be pinned, please send me a PM.

FYI: Creating a separate section for individual years takes me 40+ hours per year. Each thread has to be individually restored, locked, and in some cases pinned. I will be bringing back more threads from years gone by through the coming months, but it likely will not be until the end of the year until all older threads that no longer reside in the D&N section are restored and organized by year. I started with 2006 as I feel it's the most noteworthy and interest year from 2002 to the present.

I must say, the forum was almost hilariously dramatic way back in 2006. It's interesting to see how we all thought everything was so important back then.

Anyway, enjoy!

UPDATE: The year 2006 isn't complete. There are still 200 topics still left to move over, however, this can take 24-48 hours as it takes awhile for threads to be restored by the system.

I'm still waiting for Merck's Open Letter to be restored. Hopefully this section for 2006 will be completed by tomorrow.

• Like 1

This is when I first got into GNR and first started lurking :wub:

My main "hangouts" to lurk on in 2006-2007 were chinesedemocracy.com (this was my go to), newgnr.com, and here. Eventually, this became my main place.

Its just funny how all the other forums have essentially died out. I guess gnfnr has its niche, but MYGNR is really the last one standing.

All threads that were created in 2006 have now been organized within this section.

The section has also been modified so that threads are listed by their start date, with the most recent threads listed first. So if you want to start in January of 2006, start on the last page and work your way backward (btw, as someone who has done it, it's quite a trip!).

• 3 weeks later...

Check out this classic thread , around page 5-6 the chaos ensures and shows that a certain poster was really off of his meds
http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/69798-live-blogging-from-the-hammerstein-prepost-parties-the-details/

P.S.: i hope i don't break any rules here since i don't write that posters name

Edited by Strange Broue
  • Like 1

2006 is probably my favorite and least favorite year in GN'R history.

Favorite because of all the cool shit that happened: The leaks, the Hammerstein shows (getting to see the first one in person!), the festival shows and streams the rest of the year, all the buzz, all the excitement.

Last favorite because of what could have been: I really feel like 2006 was THE year to release the album. Because of all the things listed above, I think it would have had a much better reception.

• Like 1

2006 is probably my favorite and least favorite year in GN'R history.

Favorite because of all the cool shit that happened: The leaks, the Hammerstein shows (getting to see the first one in person!), the festival shows and streams the rest of the year, all the buzz, all the excitement.

Last favorite because of what could have been: I really feel like 2006 was THE year to release the album. Because of all the things listed above, I think it would have had a much better reception.

Everything was set up for the album to appear. Alot of hard work went in, alot more would have happened.

Nothing happened, then meltdown

• 3 weeks later...

Exactly 9 years ago i got home from my very first GNR gig...

Axl was more than 3 hours late and half of the audience went home before the GNR show starts, lol

What show was that? I'm not any sort of a historian on 2006, so I can't remember what gigs this type of thing happened at.

Exactly 9 years ago i got home from my very first GNR gig...

Axl was more than 3 hours late and half of the audience went home before the GNR show starts, lol

What show was that? I'm not any sort of a historian on 2006, so I can't remember what gigs this type of thing happened at.

before RAR, May 31, in Budapest, Hungary and it was fucking great if you aks me :lol:

Here's a very strong Madagascar and as you know they played RAR two days later and he was on fire, so this was basically a warmup gig for them before the big festival date....

They haven't been in here since that day (the audience were tired and fed up with Axl's late again, (later it turns out that he had pain in his back so he was legitimately late) and they somewhat booed off BBF when he plays his solo spot.... i don't think Axl wants to tour here anymore or this piss poor country could not afford GNR, because the promoters will know that they can't sell the show well and therefore it would be a disaster financially for the promoters... GNR played nearly every other country in this region, but not here, it's a shame

when the 2010 Europe Tour starts, i went to the Vienna and Bucharest gigs to see Axl finally launching a proper CD tour... and it was worth the travel and money :lol: I witnessed the show that many 2010 rasp lovers consider the best show from that year

after that i planned to see the 2012 Serbian date, but i spent my money on to travelling around Serbia, instead of see a totally out of shape Axl with a weak voice...

Edited by Strange Broue
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

How did the 2010 Axl compare to '06? I didnt manage to go to any of the 2010 shows, but did see them in '06 and 2012. I thought that whilst the band was much tighter in 2012 Axl's own performance was stronger in '06

I'd say vocally the 2010 shows were better and if you dig the CD material, they really did focus on that...felt like a legitimate albeit typically belated attempt to showcase the album. In terms of physical/visual energy and performance 2006 had it. It was the last stand of Axl Rose the rock god. While his voice was in great shape in 2010 he already seemed to be in physical decline and that air of defeat he's had about him ever since was already present.

• Like 1