The Witcher III

Started playing this today. Enjoy it so far and still learning the ropes. As with most RPG games, once I start getting better weapons and armor it'll really start to come together. Need to pay attention to the leveling and ability system a bit more. Locking system is a bit annoying but I'll get the hang of it. Slowly but surely I'll get the hang of everything. Have a feeling I'll be engulfed in it soon enough.

Also need to learn to not suck at Gwent.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Locking system? You mean how some of the abilities are locked until a certain amount of points are spent in the branch? Or the locking on targets? I've heard that can be a bit annoying on console.

And yeah I regret not getting more into Gwent. I essentially never played it. Only played it once because I had to in one of Zoltan's quests.

Of course everyone from Skellige is drunk and has a Northern Irish accent :lol:

It's awkward sometimes when you can't figure out what people from your own country are saying :P.

I remember the program last year, Ross Kemp on Gangs Northern Ireland during the marching season.

...Of course they go out of there way to interview people with the most unintelligible accent possible just so they can give English subtitles.

imo Hardest thing about this game so far has been the camera angles during punch outs. Very annoying on PS, I'm assuming on the PC you can just change them.

Edited by AtariLegend

Locking onto targets. It's not terrible though.

I completely forgot you could even do that, I've not really needed to in my 80 hours of play so I wouldn't worry too much.

Yeah I just let it auto-lock, rarely manually do it.

imo Hardest thing about this game so far has been the camera angles during punch outs. Very annoying on PS, I'm assuming on the PC you can just change them.

The camera angles in general are one of the game's flaws. Especially indoors, and in cramped spaces.

Almost done only a couple of sidequests left. Won the gwent tournament last night which was awesome

I sort of see the Gwent appeal... I dunno I just don't feel like investing time in it. Especially since I wouldn't get any XP from the quests. I'm assuming there's a pretty raunchous party when you win? :lol:

And yeah I'm mostly done, just got the

Sunstone
, but I'm going away for the weekend, leaving soon so I will have a several day break from the game. Though tbh I've been barely logging an hour a day the past week or so, ASOIAF and work have been taking up time.
  • Like 1

Just noticed Geralt is bran's avatar lol

Making money seems so hard. I am very poor. Killed the demon that rapes your wife and daughter at night? Here's 20 gold.

Yeah money is hard to come by at the start, I recommend picking up any weapons you come across and selling them to a blacksmith as you'll find the 50 gold adds up pretty quickly. You'll find yourself with a steady stream of a few thousand until you start crafting the master armour sets.

Moving very slowly.... don't want to finish before patch 1.07 comes out. Also, anyone read when the large DLC is going to be released? The one you have to get the season pass for. Debating whether or not to start a second play soon, or just wait for the expanded DLC.

well just finished the game, my ending :cry:

so basically my ending was

nilfgaard wins complete victory over the north

temeria was restored(long live the lillies!)

skellige flourishes under cerys

ciri becomes empress of nilgaard/emhyr steps down.

geralt and triss move to kovir, where triss becomes rich as advisor to the kovir king, geralt takes on the occasional witcher contract

not sure if that is the best outcome or not.

Edited by bran

That's awesome.

Also, 1.07 notes: http://thewitcher.com/news/view/1081(link currently not working though)

And I've barely played this week, waiting on 1.07, going to finish next week. Didn't check your ending.

EDIT: Notes here: http://www.shacknews.com/article/90369/the-witcher-3-patch-107-may-miss-this-weeks-release

Edited by OmarBradley
  • Like 1

ok so first expansion "hearts of stone" will be released around october and will cost $9.99 and will be around 10 or so hours long. the second expansion will be "blood and wine" and it will be released q1 of 2016 and will cost $19.99 and it will be 20 or so hours long( so far they said they might add more stuff) or you can buy both expansions together for $24.99. 25 dollars for another 30+ hours of gameplay sounds fucking awesome.

• Like 1