The Witcher III

Not W3, but still relevant:

11228024_904987219585908_425594815771980

I have to say, I'm impressed you guys got the happy endings.

On my first play through I got the rather bleaker, "there ain't going to be a sequel ending". I just played through the later part of the game when the decisions matter, making them like Geralt seemed liked he would have.

Ciri never came back and Geralt basically committed suicide after killing the last Crone. I guess the path of sleeping with every female in the game didn't work out for him.

On the other hand, Emyhr kills all his political enemies and wins the war, Termeria is restored (?), and Cerys lived happily ever after as ruler of Northern Ireland.

Yeah if you bang them both you get an unhappy ending ironically. I did find it interesting that were wasn't really any explanation of where the last Crone went in my ending, at least I don't remember if there was.

So torn on NG+ and Heart of Stone.... I am right in the middle of DA:O, and then have Inquisition to do. I'm in Dragon Age mode. :S

i ended up killing her :lol:

I don't even remember that being an option. Or are you talking about the Crone?

no the old hag in shani's house. its been a while so my order might not be 100% right but after you have the party with shani in chapter 3, if you end up sleeping with shani the old bag will go off and you will get the option to say "i have had enough of you old hag" in which the old hag will then have a heart attack and die.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gah, I think I'm going to wait on this until I finish DA. Let me know how HoS is.

definitely. im pretty much free in terms of games, i have been doing another run through might and magic X but i will put that on hold to do HoS. cannot wait for monday.

on a side note i upgraded to windows 10 and i booted up witcher 3 for the first time in a long time, and the annoying flicker in the character screen is gone :lol:

Edited by bran

I'm really happy with the recommended level for the DLC, perfect for me considering I was at level 36 when I started it. Challenging but enjoyable. I've only played an hour or so, but I also love how routine the beginning seems.

• 1 month later...

Bumping this because I finished this beast of a game, along with Hearts Of Stone. I loved it. Banged every woman I could, but still got a decent ending. Guess I made some good choices. I think I'll end up choosing Triss when I go into NG+. Hearts Of Stone was a great expansion, too. Some different kinds of quests, and it rewards you for doing some optional quests. My only complaint is that I encountered some glitches with two side quests that didn't allow me to get what I needed to get. Anyone else experience this?

Either way, I can't wait to see what Blood And Wine is going to offer. Apparently, it's supposed to be close to 20 hours long. So, I am definitely on board for more of this game.

And I think I somehow screwed up the quest where:

Djikstra and Roche conspire against Radovid.
Not sure that quest ever resolved in my game since I'm having a hard time remembering any kind of outcome, and Radovid ended up ruling when I was done the main quest. So, I don't have any fucking clue what I did :lol: Edited by Zeppelin

And I think I somehow screwed up the quest where:

Djikstra and Roche conspire against Radovid.
Not sure that quest ever resolved in my game since I'm having a hard time remembering any kind of outcome, and Radovid ended up ruling when I was done the main quest. So, I don't have any fucking clue what I did :lol:

witcher 3 is my GOTY i just absolutely love this game and it was a great way to end the trilogy.

as for the quest you are talking about

did you break djikstra's leg in the bath house, when saving phillipa? if you break his leg you basically cut yourself out of the quest to decide the fate radovid/temeria(roache and ves) if you just leave him be peacefully it opens up the quest to kill radovid
  • Like 1

head of CDPR adam kicinski on the future of the witcher franchise

"It's too early to talk about it, but it's not like we're forgetting about this brand – that's understandable. (...) It wouldn't be fair towards the fans. We work within this universe for over a dozen years now and I don't think it's going to be the end of it."

:headbang:

Edited by bran
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Conor said:

Jesus they've revamped all the menus and everything in game with the new update.

i love how now if you read a book or letter, it automatically deletes from your inventory and goes to your glossary. also cool there is a merchant who sells a gwent book, telling you which cards you are missing, and how to get them.

Edited by bran
  • Like 2

I like the new dye system as well, and upgrading your house. Love having some armour stands to display things. I wish I had the money to craft the grandmaster sets though, I've heard they're crazy pricey.