The Witcher III

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think we should get as many members :lol:

looks like the game unlocks for us on the east coast on the 18th at 7 PM

Fuck, I'm working Monday night..... well not anymore obviously.

Still only 4 hours into W2..... 1 week, I can do this..........

yeah you can do it, especially where you have beaten it before so you pretty much no what you have to do, cuts the time down significantly.

iam about finished with my playthrough through the original. it is funny playing with a 290x and having memories playing the game for the first time years ago on a shitty PC with frames in the low 20's :lol:

Edited by bran

i think we should get as many members :lol:

looks like the game unlocks for us on the east coast on the 18th at 7 PM

Fuck, I'm working Monday night..... well not anymore obviously.

Still only 4 hours into W2..... 1 week, I can do this..........

yeah you can do it, especially where you have beaten it before so you pretty much no what you have to do, cuts the time down significantly.

iam about finished with my playthrough through the original. it is funny playing with a 290x and having memories playing the game for the first time years ago on a shitty PC with frames in the low 20's :lol:

Well I'm going to go with Vernon for Chapter 2. So I don't want to rush through that because it will mostly be content I've never seen before; parts of CH3 from what I understand too. CH1 I've been skipping cutscenes and doing not too many side questions, just enough to get XP. But fuck, out of nowhere the day or so I started my replay 6-7 things came up over these two weeks that are time consuming.

• Like 1

my GOG preload download and installation is finished....... now the waiting begins :lol:

Eh, I'm sick of third party apps in gaming, I'll wait to release for DL/installation, it'll take 30-40 minutes, nbd.

Also, just saw a 30 second preview for what looks to be a short cinematic film coming out May 14th (tomorrow), should be cool.

Do I need to play 1 and 2? Im looking forward to this game but please be honest to play them fast.

From all the reviews it seems cdpr did a good job telling the back story for those who haven't played the first two through cut scenes and dialogue a lot of the reviewers never played the first two either so you should be able to jump in no problems. If you have any questions about something just post here we can help you out.

• Like 2

This is seeming like the AC: Black Flag of the Witcher series. It's the one where everyone who's heard about the series previously, but never played finally says, "alright this looks kinda cool, let's do it." I include myself in that group, as I didn't play through 1 and 2 until this January. Though, technically I did play through the first 3 or so minutes of the first Witcher way back in' 07/'08, my PC couldn't run it though, :lol:. 256MB RAM ftw.

• Like 1

This is seeming like the AC: Black Flag of the Witcher series. It's the one where everyone who's heard about the series previously, but never played finally says, "alright this looks kinda cool, let's do it." I include myself in that group, as I didn't play through 1 and 2 until this January. Though, technically I did play through the first 3 or so minutes of the first Witcher way back in' 07/'08, my PC couldn't run it though, :lol:. 256MB RAM ftw.

yeah it definitely seems that way. i think the open world really helps attract people, plus with this series being compared to game of thrones and the popularity of that show certainly helps i think.

i first played the witcher i think in 2009, bought it really on a whim at a walmart. never heard of it before just thought the box art the name sounded cool, looked at the back of the case and bought it. my pc was crap it was slightly above the minimum and it was rough that is for sure :lol: witcher 2 i had to wait for on xbox 360 since my PC was just beyond outdated. i then beat it on pc many times after i got my new pc. i started reading the books about 2 years ago, the last couple havent been translated to english officially yet so reading fan translations was a little rough :lol:

Alright, chapter 1 finished - just did 3 hours straight, about 6 hours in total. Aiming to start an hour or two of Ch.2 tonight, finish it by Saturday night, Ch. 3 Sunday - possibly into Monday afternoon. Looking doable as of now.

yeah i think you can do it, especially skipping some side quests.

Alright, chapter 1 finished - just did 3 hours straight, about 6 hours in total. Aiming to start an hour or two of Ch.2 tonight, finish it by Saturday night, Ch. 3 Sunday - possibly into Monday afternoon. Looking doable as of now.

Well, sort of, I've only done one play through, and I went with Iorveth. So now I'm with Roche and Henselt - I don't want to miss anything, main or side related. So I'll pretty much do everything there is to do in Ch. 2, and probably Ch. 3 as well.

I did skip the cupcake quest in Ch. 1, annoying that you have to play like 5 games of dice to finish the question.

• Like 1

Well, sort of, I've only done one play through, and I went with Iorveth. So now I'm with Roche and Henselt - I don't want to miss anything, main or side related. So I'll pretty much do everything there is to do in Ch. 2, and probably Ch. 3 as well.

I did skip the cupcake quest in Ch. 1, annoying that you have to play like 5 games of dice to finish the question.

yeah should still finish in time, was never a fan of poker dice i pretty much skipped all that in witcher 1 and 2 :lol:

Sort of annoying..... was just going through the Kaedweni camp, happened upon a Knight of the Flaming Rose - he attacked me out of revenge for Geralt killing Siegfried, which I would not have never done - really annoying that without a load from the first game, it appears to assume you went with the Scoia'tael.

Sort of annoying..... was just going through the Kaedweni camp, happened upon a Knight of the Flaming Rose - he attacked me out of revenge for Geralt killing Siegfried, which I would not have never done - really annoying that without a load from the first game, it appears to assume you went with the Scoia'tael.

i never had one attack me, i had one approach me and i told him i would kill him and he backed off.

Finished Ch.2, lots of interesting story items I never found out in my other play through. About 20 minutes into Ch.3, may do some more tonight, only an hour or so. Plan to finish it tomorrow afternoon/night before GoT.

I let Vernon kill Henselt, I don't care if Kaedwen destabilizes, I'm curious to see if that decision will have repercussions in W3. I hope so.

Also, fuck her, I'm going to kill Sile this time at the end.

• Like 1

Finished Ch.2, lots of interesting story items I never found out in my other play through. About 20 minutes into Ch.3, may do some more tonight, only an hour or so. Plan to finish it tomorrow afternoon/night before GoT.

I let Vernon kill Henselt, I don't care if Kaedwen destabilizes, I'm curious to see if that decision will have repercussions in W3. I hope so.

Also, fuck her, I'm going to kill Sile this time at the end.

sile dying is awesome i did that one multiple times, i just found her annoying and i thought she was awfully smug and arrogant during her great "escape"