The Witcher III

Just killed a wyvern, wasn't too hard, it was level 9 or so. Got dragon scales, etc., hopefully that will come in use later for some badass armor.

Just crafted Griffon armor, which has nothing to do with the griffon monster. :shrugs:

Lots to do, explored Novigrad a bit, still doing side stuff in Velen mostly though.

Medium spoiler:

Finished the Keira quest-line, I took Alexander's notes and had her go to Kaer Moren.

http://www.destructoid.com/amd-s-angry-at-nvidia-because-of-geralt-s-fabulous-hair-292532.phtml

:lol::lol:

Edited by OmarBradley

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just killed a wyvern, wasn't too hard, it was level 9 or so. Got dragon scales, etc., hopefully that will come in use later for some badass armor.

Just crafted Griffon armor, which has nothing to do with the griffon monster. :shrugs:

Lots to do, explored Novigrad a bit, still doing side stuff in Velen mostly though.

Medium spoiler:

Finished the Keira quest-line, I took Alexander's notes and had her go to Kaer Moren.

http://www.destructoid.com/amd-s-angry-at-nvidia-because-of-geralt-s-fabulous-hair-292532.phtml

does the griffon armor look good/worth it? i found the sword while exploring and got the scavenger hunt quest for a couple of other pieces.

Medium spoiler:

does the griffon armor look good/worth it? i found the sword while exploring and got the scavenger hunt quest for a couple of other pieces.

It looks better than every armor I've had up to this point, except the Kaer Moren armor, but with a defense of only 30 that was quickly becoming too weak. I crafted some Bounty Hunter armor which looked OK, the Griffon armor is a bit better than the Bounty Hunter armor, but looks way less ridiculous. That being said, it doesn't look amazing either.

So should I get this

Yes. Everyone should.

The upgraded versions of Griffin and Feline armour look ace though. I've got a Griffin set just now but mostly just take whatever's best as I find it. Going to hunt for the first feline set after I finished my current story bit in Novigrad.

yeah i got the griffon armor last night, crafted everything but the gauntlets. i have the three day weekend to play, only played a couple of hours last 2 nights. im almost level 9.

Yeah same, level 10 I think - going to do a lot of weekend work.

Edited by OmarBradley

ran into a couple of funny (1 very helpful) i was going for the griffon armor diagram but a big wyvern kept killing me in 2 hits. during one of my attempts the wyvern for some reason fell off the tower and into the water allowing me to get to the chest.

the other one was i got into a fight with some wraiths which killed me but geralt never fell he kept fighting like he was invincible, he fought on for about 5 or 6 seconds before the screen went black and i had to reload.

I'm just playing it on the regular difficulty, level 14 I think. Running about on a main quest in Novigrad still, one of the best games I've ever played. I can't believe I've still a huge region I've never ventured to and I must be 25 hours in at least.

im about halfway to level 11 been playing about 23 hours and i still havent visited a huge amount of no mans land and i have a boatload of quests and contracts to do.

i just finished

the quest that sends me to novigrad. for people who finished it, what was your choice in the whispering hillock quest?

im about halfway to level 11 been playing about 23 hours and i still havent visited a huge amount of no mans land and i have a boatload of quests and contracts to do.

i just finished

the quest that sends me to novigrad. for people who finished it, what was your choice in the whispering hillock quest?
I killed the tree/druid.

Unexpected person showing up spoiler:

Lambert in Novigrad. I'm reluctantly helping him, only because Aiden was a Witcher, and we gotta support each other. Lambert is going a bit nuts though.

i ended up freeing the spirit, to save the children,,,,, i think i made a big mistake. is their an actual somewhat happy ending to this quest?
Doubt it, for me the children went missing, the Crones sent them off somewhere, no more detail than that.

Anyone else afraid to go see Triss? lol

i ended up freeing the spirit, to save the children,,,,, i think i made a big mistake. is their an actual somewhat happy ending to this quest?
Doubt it, for me the children went missing, the Crones sent them off somewhere, no more detail than that.

whispering hillock quest spoiler/family matters:

in mine i freed the spirit, the children are freed by the spirit in a black stallion, the crones turn anna into a water hag as punishment
Edited by bran

in mine i freed the spirit, the children are freed by the spirit in a black stallion, the crones turn anna into a water hag as punishment
I freed the spirit as well, it's the only way to save the orphans, but it's at the expense of Downwarren. Apparently they get eaten if you kill the spirit, and that's just not cool. My logic was the folk of Downwarren were cronies of the Crones anyway, gott'a help the kids! I just wanted to make sure Johnny was okay. Shame about Anna though, but I loved how those two quests were linked with each other.

I freed the spirit as well, it's the only way to save the orphans, but it's at the expense of Downwarren. Apparently they get eaten if you kill the spirit, and that's just not cool. My logic was the folk of Downwarren were cronies of the Crones anyway, gott'a help the kids! I just wanted to make sure Johnny was okay. Shame about Anna though, but I loved how those two quests were linked with each other.

They get eaten? Where do you find that you? I don't recall seeing anything about that.

They get eaten? Where do you find that you? I don't recall seeing anything about that.

from what i got out of it the spirit goes to downwarren since the residents tried to hire someone to kill it, it came to the village for revenge and when the spirit shows up it just drove the residents insane and the residents turn on each other and kill themselves. thats what the elderman says anyway

Of course everyone from Skellige is drunk and has a Northern Irish accent :lol:

Yeah I just went there..... sort of annoying I had to pay 1000 orens (or maybe it was crowns?) to get there.

Now I kinda want to get back to The Continent - anyone know how to do that without doing the main story quests on Skellige? EDIT: Wonder if I can sail myself using one of those small boats?

Also climbed a giant mountain on the southern end of Ard Skellig, tried to take some screenshots but my keyboard's SS key wasn't working, and I forgot I had Fraps. There was even a chest with some mediocre boots near the summit.

Edited by OmarBradley

Yeah I just went there..... sort of annoying I had to pay 1000 orens (or maybe it was crowns?) to get there.

Now I kinda want to get back to The Continent - anyone know how to do that without doing the main story quests on Skellige? EDIT: Wonder if I can sail myself using one of those small boats?

Also climbed a giant mountain on the southern end of Ard Skellig, tried to take some screenshots but my keyboard's SS key wasn't working, and I forgot I had Fraps. There was even a chest with some mediocre boots near the summit.

never been to skellige i havent even done a main quest mission in novigrad yet :lol:

Edited by bran

Yeah I did think that was a bit steep, was expecting a nice little Axii trick to get me out of that one, but thankfully money isn't really an issue for me anymore. You start picking up decent enough equipment that you'll make it fairly comfortable, it helps to craft your own armour is well. I've got the Feline set now, best looking one so far. Currently looking for the Ursine set.

I'd imagine you could just get to a signpost and fast travel, but I'm sure the main story there has a chance really soon in to leave it for a while.

Yeah I did think that was a bit steep, was expecting a nice little Axii trick to get me out of that one, but thankfully money isn't really an issue for me anymore. You start picking up decent enough equipment that you'll make it fairly comfortable, it helps to craft your own armour is well. I've got the Feline set now, best looking one so far. Currently looking for the Ursine set.

I'd imagine you could just get to a signpost and fast travel, but I'm sure the main story there has a chance really soon in to leave it for a while.

Yeah I still have enchanced Griffon, didn't play much yesterday unfortunately, still at about 33 hours in. And yes.... you're right, I realized I could just Fast Travel using a signpost. :lol: