The Witcher III

New patch yesterday and.....

We encourage everyone to create videos using content from our games - walkthroughs/playthroughs/Let's Play movies, clips showing how to unlock certain achievements and video reviews. These videos can be monetized by participating in partnership programs such as the YouTube partner program.

Is there a better large development company than CDPR? Nope, they fucking get it. They're not corporate sell outs, hope it stays that way.

EDIT: Just got a quest called A Feast For Crows...... hm

Edited by OmarBradley
  • Like 1

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was feeling like I was getting through things a bit too easily because I'd strayed from the main quest for so long, so I'm a good few levels above the suggestion for what I'm currently doing. Then I got my ass absolutely handed to me by three elementals that wore my balls for a hat. I stand corrected.

New patch yesterday and.....

We encourage everyone to create videos using content from our games - walkthroughs/playthroughs/Let's Play movies, clips showing how to unlock certain achievements and video reviews. These videos can be monetized by participating in partnership programs such as the YouTube partner program.

Is there a better large development company than CDPR? Nope, they fucking get it. They're not corporate sell outs, hope it stays that way.

EDIT: Just got a quest called A Feast For Crows...... hm

gotta love CDPR its why people lumping them with ubisoft and all that shit kind of irked me.

anyone know if at higher levels if merchants start selling meteorite ore? i have to make some new armor but i need a shitload of meteorite to do it.

No idea, I'm level 16.

I did however find a formula sheet for an Enhanced Black Blood Potion. Can't make it because I don't have the "entry level" version. But I at 35 hours in I was getting afraid that the trailer had gotten our hopes up for no reason.

Also found all the diagrams for the Mastercrafted Ursine(or was it Feline? don't remember) armor set, stole it from behind a cyclops while he slept.... meditated till dawn, killed him anyway. :lol:

EDIT: Also... my Axii sign is back.

Edited by OmarBradley
  • Like 1

anyone know if at higher levels if merchants start selling meteorite ore? i have to make some new armor but i need a shitload of meteorite to do it.

No idea, I'm level 16.

I did however find a formula sheet for an Enhanced Black Blood Potion. Can't make it because I don't have the "entry level" version. But I at 35 hours in I was getting afraid that the trailer had gotten our hopes up for no reason.

Also found all the diagrams for the Mastercrafted Ursine(or was it Feline? don't remember) armor set, stole it from behind a cyclops while he slept.... meditated till dawn, killed him anyway. :lol:

EDIT: Also... my Axii sign is back.

yeah i got the black blood potion(works really well) i just hit level 14 but man meteorite is tough to come by.

found a reference to the movie jeepers creepers or at least the song

walking around novigrad a kid will sing "jeepers creepers where did you get those peepers" :lol:

so for references ones i have seen

pulp fiction gimp reference

"war, war never changes" fallout reference

"jeepers creepers" song/movie reference

gwent card of an archer with the line underneath "i am for the knees, always" skyrim reference.

You can sometimes find it if you're lucky, but you're more likely going to have to buy the ingots or plates and dismantle them from there. They're more readily available in the shops, particularly if you're a returning customer.

cool will definitely keep an eye out, found enough to craft the chest piece and 2 other pieces of enhanced griffon armor.

broken flowers main quest slight spoilers

kalkstein :(

this is one of the few games where i will stop and listen to dialogue going on in the cities. in novigrad they had a conversation about a piece of bread it went something like

customer: is that rat shit on my bread?

merchant: no, that is raisins!

customer: then why does it smell like shit?

:lol:

also ran into my first broken quest. the aphirian phantom contract is broken for me, if you havent done it yet do not stumble upon the quest before you actually talk to the contract giver or it breaks the quest, i accidentally stumbled upon the quest when doing another quest, this is easy to do since you need to follow one set of footprints for one quest while other foot prints for the aphirian phantom contract are right in the same area. the quest is just slightly east/northeast of novigrad, be careful.

cool will definitely keep an eye out, found enough to craft the chest piece and 2 other pieces of enhanced griffon armor.

broken flowers main quest slight spoilers

kalkstein :(

this is one of the few games where i will stop and listen to dialogue going on in the cities. in novigrad they had a conversation about a piece of bread it went something like

customer: is that rat shit on my bread?

merchant: no, that is raisins!

customer: then why does it smell like shit?

:lol:

also ran into my first broken quest. the aphirian phantom contract is broken for me, if you havent done it yet do not stumble upon the quest before you actually talk to the contract giver or it breaks the quest, i accidentally stumbled upon the quest when doing another quest, this is easy to do since you need to follow one set of footprints for one quest while other foot prints for the aphirian phantom contract are right in the same area. the quest is just slightly east/northeast of novigrad, be careful.

I actually found a Meteorite Ingot in a chest last night, was being guarded by a level 18 or so Water Hag, wasn't too tough.

Yeah that was upsetting, I was hoping to see him in game. Also, Vivaldi didn't seem to recognize Geralt on a personal level, found that odd.

I did the apirian phantom quest last night, no issues.

Wanted to avoid spoilers, unless it's me posting asoiaf ones.

...But the Gwent tutorial you get first time on the PS4? Most confusing thing I ever seen, I only determined 2 things about the concept of the game: 1. Press X to do do things 2. That in a normal game you would yada (without explaining what that means), "but let's skip that part".

"Let's skip that part" is an actual phrase used in a tutorial. I'll just google a youtube video for the rules :P.

...But the Gwent tutorial you get first time on the PS4? Most confusing thing I ever seen, I only determined 2 things about the concept of the game: 1. Press X to do do things 2. That in a normal game you would yada (without explaining what that means), "but let's skip that part".

"Let's skip that part" is an actual phrase used in a tutorial. I'll just google a youtube video for the rules :P.

Best advice I can give for Gwent is just practice, against the first few people you come across that play it as they'll tend to be easier. Also buy cards any chance you get, it makes a hell of a difference. I'm still playing with a slightly improved Northern Realms deck, and now I'm starting to win as many games as I'm losing. Then again, I think I'm just shit at it. A key I've found is knowing when you're beat and passing, and having a rough idea of when to play your weather cards in what rounds.

Got my copy for my birthday. Hoping to start it this weekend.

say goodbye to your life :lol:

yeah definitely what conor said, once you get a couple of hands under your belt against merchants you should start to get the hang of it. you can go back to white orchard and go see bram he will have a card they added with the last patch that should help you out(if you use a northern realms deck)

• Like 1

Thinking I probably have to buy this to wear at shows:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OFFICIAL-MEDALLION-NECKLACE-CHAIN-WOLF-HEAD-THE-WITCHER-3-WILD-PREORDER-/281703118672?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4196d07750

Already have a Hand of the King pin, this would be good to switch it up.

EDIT: Just need a One Ring necklace, and the trifecta will be complete. Can't wear them all at once though.... too much awesome for any person to handle.

Edited by OmarBradley
  • Like 1

i think i may have the broken xp bug :( i didnt get any xp for any of the broken flowers quest.

Hm, I may have had that. Some quests appear to not give me XP.... though I just assumed it was supposed to be that way/on hard mode you get less XP for leveling?

That's annoying though, because main story quests usually give the most XP by a large margin.

i think i may have the broken xp bug :( i didnt get any xp for any of the broken flowers quest.

Hm, I may have had that. Some quests appear to not give me XP.... though I just assumed it was supposed to be that way/on hard mode you get less XP for leveling?

That's annoying though, because main story quests usually give the most XP by a large margin.

i have done quite a few quests and im still less than halfway to the next level.

question for those that finished the school of the cat treasure hunt. do you gain xp for that quest at its finish? i think it was a level 17 quest i did it at 14 and didnt get any xp, maybe im just paranoid :lol:

Also, good to see White Raffard's Decoction back.

EDIT: Nevermind, apparently it was in W2... sounds sort of familiar now, but it took away 30% of attack power... not worth it IMO unless you had anti-toxicity/anti-effect skills in the potion tree, which I didn't.

Edited by OmarBradley
  • Like 1

finally hit level 15 and finally was able to upgrade my griffon armor. the merchant in crow perch had a meteorite ingot and 4 pieces of meteorite ore for sale, safe to say i bought them all.