The Witcher III

yeah the first time i played witcher 1 i chose shani as well(where the fuck is she anyway?). good point about communicating with phillipa(also speculated she was talking to keira) it did make her look shady thinking back on it.

this game does a great job invoking emotions on the player, the part where

minor spoiler:

you can choose to have dudu transform into ciri so geralt and zoltan can see what she looks like was quite powerful IMO
Edited by bran

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah the first time i played witcher 1 i chose shani as well(where the fuck is she anyway?). good point about communicating with phillipa(also speculated she was talking to keira) it did make her look shady thinking back on it.

minor spoiler:

you can choose to have dudu transform into ciri so geralt and zoltan can see what she looks like was quite powerful IMO

There's a questline in Novigrad where a character mentions where Shani likely is,

at the front of the northern resistance acting as a combat medic to Redanian/northern remnant forces.

Different spoiler I came upon earlier today:

If you walk into a bookshop on the corner of Hierarch Square, the owner recognizes you and tells you someone a long time ago left a book and letter there for you, hoping you'd happen upon it. The contents of the letter/book highly stipulate that it was Alvin/Order of Flaming Rose grandmaster..... interesting nod to the first game, and it's the closest CDPR has come to confirming the likely theory.

And another [character] spoiler:

I ran into Thaler, good to see him. He did however say something like, "Geralt! It's been years since I've seen you." But going by the series's timeline.... it's really only been a year and a few months I think.
Edited by OmarBradley

minor spoiler:

There's a questline in Novigrad where a character mentions where Shani likely is,

at the front of the northern resistance acting as a combat medic to Redanian/northern remnant forces.

Different spoiler I came upon earlier today:

If you walk into a bookshop on the corner of Hierarch Square, the owner recognizes you and tells you someone a long time ago left a book and letter there for you, hoping you'd happen upon it. The contents of the letter/book highly stipulate that it was Alvin/Order of Flaming Rose grandmaster..... interesting nod to the first game, and it's the closest CDPR has come to confirming the likely theory.

And another [character] spoiler:

I ran into Thaler, good to see him. He did however say something like, "Geralt! It's been years since I've seen you." But going by the series's timeline.... it's really only been 7-8 months I think.

the timeline for the game when alligned with the books has been fucked up. IIRC it really started with the timeline for the battle of brenna which in the book ended in 1268 and in the game it mentions this year as 1265, the game was supposed to start 5 years after the battle. so the timeline was fucked up starting with game 1 which threw off the real years(in comparison of the books) the game beginning in 1270 instead of 1273, in the witcher 2 the events took place in 1271 but in line with the books it should have been mide to late 1273 with witcher 3 taking place in 1274. so in game time as it is now it would have been roughly 2 years since you talked to T but in witcher 2 you get a package from him dont you(IIRC)

you can use this as a guide as for the timeline it explains it better than i can :lol:

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline

i wish the witcher series(and more rpg series in general) would borrow from the two worlds franchise is the armor and weapon upgrading system. if you like the look of a certain piece of armor you should be able to breakdown other armors and get materials to be used to strengthen your armor infinitely if you wanted to. i have the ursine armor and absolutely love the look of it, i think it makes geralt look bad ass

Edited by bran

I'm currently working on getting all the mastercrafted sets, not manages to build all the swords or chest pieces but they look wonderful. The master armour you get for the armourer quest is top notch too!

just romanced triss hopefully that fling with keira doesnt bite me in the ass and hopefully yennefer doesnt go batshit crazy and kill geralt.... who am i to kid yennefer is batshit crazy :lol:

Had a weird GoT/Witcher hybrid dream last night....

I was hosting a feast, and I put my swords down in the room (steel and silver), but then they disappeared. I spent all night crying and searching for the swords, only to find at the end of the night Eddison Tollett and a few other members of the watch had hid them to "teach me a lesson" as they said. I think this was a subconscious reliving of when Jon Snow tried to leave the feast at Winterfell and he fell and started crying..... that in particular took my by surprise when I was reading yesterday, and it must have caught up to me in my sleep. :lol:

Had a weird GoT/Witcher hybrid dream last night....

I was hosting a feast, and I put my swords down in the room (steel and silver), but then they disappeared. I spent all night crying and searching for the swords, only to find at the end of the night Eddison Tollett and a few other members of the watch had hid them to "teach me a lesson" as they said. I think this was a subconscious reliving of when Jon Snow tried to leave the feast at Winterfell and he fell and started crying..... that in particular took my by surprise when I was reading yesterday, and it must have caught up to me in my sleep. :lol:

:lol: you are suffering from fantasy overload.

• Like 1

I never had an issue with it, never even really noticed it that much tbh (oh fuck, that mean's I'm racist?!?!?!). I think this guy's points are completely fair, justified, and reasoned. I see no reason to bend indigenous cultural source material to foreign standards. We (Americans) sure as hell don't do it when developing our own stuff, why should anyone else?

EDIT: Also it's awesome that the prime minister gave Obama a copy of W2.... doubt he played it.... unless it was for Xbox, I seem to remember hearing that Obama had played Xbox before.... can't see him actually sitting at a PC checking fan temps and benchmarks though. :lol: Probably was just a cultural gesture, sigh.

Still haven't started playing this. For shame. :(

l0O9ztl4iNEcmqxwI.gif

Edited by OmarBradley
  • Like 1

I never had an issue with it, never even really noticed it that much tbh (oh fuck, that mean's I'm racist?!?!?!). I think this guy's points are completely fair, justified, and reasoned. I see no reason to bend indigenous cultural source material to foreign standards. We (Americans) sure as hell don't do it when developing our own stuff, why should anyone else?

EDIT: Also it's awesome that the prime minister gave Obama a copy of W2.... doubt he played it.... unless it was for Xbox, I seem to remember hearing that Obama had played Xbox before.... can't see him actually sitting at a PC checking fan temps and benchmarks though. :lol: Probably was just a cultural gesture, sigh.

l0O9ztl4iNEcmqxwI.gif

yeah i definitely agree, especially considering how much racism plays into the game series, geralt himself is persecuted through the books and games. i try not to get into these debates for a number of reasons mainly because trying to force our ideals, beliefs and overall world into a fantasy world that is pure fiction and doesnt exist doesnt make any sense to me. if a game maker was remaking downtown LA into a video game and made it all white i could see a problem. i have played jrpgs where ever NPC was japanese, who would of thought?

it would be awesome to see president obama play the witcher 2 and give is thoughts on the game. on a side note of sorts i think a president doing something like that would help him/her connect with the voters a little bit.

black sabbath come on man your girl bought you the game and you still havent played it?

joffrey-getting-slapped-by-tyrion-game-o

Edited by bran

l0O9ztl4iNEcmqxwI.gif

yeah i definitely agree, especially considering how much racism plays into the game series, geralt himself is persecuted through the books and games. i try not to get into these debates for a number of reasons mainly because trying to force our ideals, beliefs and overall world into a fantasy world that is pure fiction and doesnt exist doesnt make any sense to me. if a game maker was remaking downtown LA into a video game and made it all white i could see a problem. i have played jrpgs where ever NPC was japanese, who would of thought?

it would be awesome to see president obama play the witcher 2 and give is thoughts on the game. on a side note of sorts i think a president doing something like that would help him/her connect with the voters a little bit.

Great point.... elves and dwarves and dopplers and witchers etc. are heavily discriminated against, often being forced to live in cultural enclaves within larger cities!

And as far as Obama goes:

obamawitcher.jpg

Man, that turned out scary looking :lol:.

Edited by OmarBradley
  • Like 1

the witcher 3 has sold 4 million copies in 2 weeks. to put that in perspective it took almost 3 months for witcher 2 to sell 943k. to even further show how incredible that is, witcher 3 is DRM free.......

Edited by bran

PS4 loading times are really starting to Irk me now :P. I remember when waiting a minute or so was okay a decade ago on a PS2, but it's really frustrating now It's like dial up internet.

a minute loading times? ouch :lol:

CDPR said they recouped all the money that went into the witcher 3 on the first day the game was released. the games budget was rumored to be around 67 million dollars(32 mil for game, 35 mil promotion) its just really cool to see CDPR succeed since they are one of the good guys in gaming. here is to seeing how cyberpunk 2077 turns out(high hopes for this one) lets just hope they come back to the witcher universe one day.

as for the game i ran into

whistlin wendy today which was cool although she didnt recognize me it seems :( also i found some info on shani seems she went to the front to tend to the wounded there. i smell dlc or expansion with shani involved in it IMO

I'm really looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077, despite not being familiar with the source material, just because I want to see something of Witcher III quality in a cyberpunk universe (though hopefully Deus Ex: Mankind Divided kicks ass, too). It's silly, but while medieval fantasy is a turn-off for me, you can dress the exact same shit up in cyberpunk and I'll lap it up. Sigh.

CDPR said they recouped all the money that went into the witcher 3 on the first day the game was released. the games budget was rumored to be around 67 million dollars(32 mil for game, 35 mil promotion) its just really cool to see CDPR succeed since they are one of the good guys in gaming. here is to seeing how cyberpunk 2077 turns out(high hopes for this one) lets just hope they come back to the witcher universe one day.

as for the game i ran into

whistlin wendy today which was cool although she didnt recognize me it seems :( also i found some info on shani seems she went to the front to tend to the wounded there. i smell dlc or expansion with shani involved in it IMO

Yeah the surgeon from Novigrad tells you that. I don't recall seeing WW yet....

Hours check bran, connor? I've got 66 hours, estimate I'm 35%-40% done with main story. Most side stuff in Velen/Novigrad (that I am an appropriate level for) is done, still quite a bit on Skellige.

havent checked today but i got to be over 60 hours, just started the main quest in skellige. i still have quite a few contracts but some are above my level(19), still have a bunch of gwent cards to get(im addicted to gwent at the moment :lol:)

whistlin wendy is

the prostitute who sends her brothers to attack you during the carnal sins quest, she thinks you are the killer coming back to the scene of the crime.

cyberpunk 2077 im not familiar with, i guess its a tabletop game but the premise and the world sounds very interesting.

havent checked today but i got to be over 60 hours, just started the main quest in skellige. i still have quite a few contracts but some are above my level(19), still have a bunch of gwent cards to get(im addicted to gwent at the moment :lol:)

whistlin wendy is

the prostitute who sends her brothers to attack you during the carnal sins quest, she thinks you are the killer coming back to the scene of the crime.

cyberpunk 2077 im not familiar with, i guess its a tabletop game but the premise and the world sounds very interesting.

Oh you're right, I did that quest. Didn't even register that it was her. Yeah I'll probably get CP2077.

I've got 68 hours logged, contrast that to my logged Skyrim time: 72. Which I know is low for Skyrim, but still, it's nuts to think that I'm going to surpass my Skyrim time even with Skellige mostly unexplored and the main story not even half way done......

What are you guys focusing on for character builds?

I have both fast and strong attack level one maxed, fast attack level 2 maxed, Quen level one maxed, Axii level one maxed, Igni level one maxed, and then 2 potion level one's maxed and a potion level 2.

I like to max my slots, for the most part. I may take a Potion of Rememberance at level 30, but I'm liking my build a lot. Good melee strength, and long potion duration + 25% vitality restored immediately per taking a potion (any potion). I've been going potion heavy, and haven't felt the need to increase my toxicity limit.

im focusing more on physical attacks,speed attacks, potion brewing, oil preperation/coating i havent spent any points in upgrading signs yet. i maxed out the first level of speed and power attacks and almost completely maxed the second tier of speed attacks.

Been messing with a few mods the past few days... mainly 1.000 Times Better, at first I liked it, but then I didn't. It just sort of made everything brighter, which at first seemed crisp, but then it started looking too bright. Vanilla was better IMO. I do want to try CineFX though, as that may be better.