The Witcher III

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...... looked what I happened upon while exploring "?" in Skellige.....

When I walked in Geralt made a comment about sky cells, and this was on the room's floor:

2015_06_15_00001.jpg

that is one of the coolest easter eggs i have ever seen in a game.

• Like 1

ran into my second glitched quest "fools gold" cant interact with a pig in the cave.

edit: reloading a save 2 checkpoints back fixed the glitch and i can continue with the quest.

Edited by bran

the upcoming free dlc this week we get a treasure hunt to get witcher gear: school of the wolf!

it seems the armor and the swords will have 4 levels of upgrading like the other schools.

the other dlc is a new look for triss.

Minor story spoilers:

Took Uma to Kaer Morhen last night. Did the quests to help Yen, Eskol, and Lambert. Had a great banter filled night of drinking with them while Ves went out to work with Uma. Actually haven't finished the sequence yet, logged off as Geralt and Lambert drunkenly search the castle for Eskol who was supposed to be getting more drinks.

Oh yeah, and we played "never have I ever." :lol:

EDIT: Oh, and somehow along the way I've amassed quite a fortune compared to the my financial struggles in the earlier parts of the game. I have something like 27 grand right now.

EDIT EDIT: Wow, unconfirmed officially, but I just read that CDPR/your retailer will give you a full refund if you have performance issues and have less than 2 hours of play on the game. That's amazing, I tried returning AC: Unity under similar circumstances, but Ubisoft essentially laughed in my face.

Edited by OmarBradley

Minor story spoilers:

Took Uma to Kaer Morhen last night. Did the quests to help Yen, Eskol, and Lambert. Had a great banter filled night of drinking with them while Ves went out to work with Uma. Actually haven't finished the sequence yet, logged off as Geralt and Lambert drunkenly search the castle for Eskol who was supposed to be getting more drinks.

Oh yeah, and we played "never have I ever." :lol:

EDIT: Oh, and somehow along the way I've amassed quite a fortune compared to the my financial struggles in the earlier parts of the game. I have something like 27 grand right now.

EDIT EDIT: Wow, unconfirmed officially, but I just read that CDPR/your retailer will give you a full refund if you have performance issues and have less than 2 hours of play on the game. That's amazing, I tried returning AC: Unity under similar circumstances, but Ubisoft essentially laughed in my face.

that is true for GOG.com, they have a 30 day money back guarantee. if your game doesnt work right, has fucked up glitches or anything like that you can get your money back. its why if i can get a game on GOG(owned by cdpr) i will, it works great, has a great money back guarantee and 0 drm.

steam has started giving refunds for any reason as well as long as you played the game for less than 2 hours and you can show you actually purchased the game legally. i definitely agree about unity, that game was broken and anyone should have received a refund who bought the game. then they did nothing to fix it, they released something like 5 patches and the game is still broken, CDPR has released 6 patches in a month span.

• Like 1

Major main story spoilers:

So I just finished the battle at Kaer Morhen. I'm 85 hours in, and tbh, I'm having trouble finding more side quests. :shrugs: I read all over the place that people are putting on 120+ hours or more before finishing everything. I'm level 28, and I have two side quests in my journal, levels 33 and 35..... I've done a few late 20's leveled quests, but not that many. Also the Wolf School gear quest does not work for me at all - I can't even kickstart it by going to the locations, the game just isn't recognizing its existence, though I've had no issues with other DLC's.

Djikstra and Roche talked about killing Radovid, I'd like to help them (and Thaler) with that, but the quest line ended..... maybe it reappears in the main line soon? And wtf, why hasn't Philipa revealed herself yet?!

Major main story spoilers:

So I just finished the battle at Kaer Morhen. I'm 85 hours in, and tbh, I'm having trouble finding more side quests. :shrugs: I read all over the place that people are putting on 120+ hours or more before finishing everything. I'm level 28, and I have two side quests in my journal, levels 33 and 35..... I've done a few late 20's leveled quests, but not that many. Also the Wolf School gear quest does not work for me at all - I can't even kickstart it by going to the locations, the game just isn't recognizing its existence, though I've had no issues with other DLC's.

Djikstra and Roche talked about killing Radovid, I'd like to help them (and Thaler) with that, but the quest line ended..... maybe it reappears in the main line soon? And wtf, why hasn't Philipa revealed herself yet?!

i still have a bunch of side quests to do and i did the "no place like home" quest (which was fucking awesome)

from what i read(non spoilers) you get the D,R, T,RA quest finish in the very last act of the game.

i think a phillipa quest pops up at kaer morhen

89 hours in, all of that stuff I was asking about before literally happened right after I posted. It was the next phase of the main quests.

Spoilers:

I killed Radovid, well Philippa did it. I'm glad I did, because Radovid tells you he's going to kill you for pretty much no reason (before he realizes it's a trap).

And killing Imlerith was great, charring him up and then using his hammer/mace thing.

I'm level 31, have mastercrafted Ursine armor because it looks cool, and Feline gloves/boots/pants for the attack % bonus.

I'm mostly done exploring ?. I have quite a few left in Skellige, mostly in the seas - kind of annoying that there's so many sea ?, because most of them are chests with mediocre gear.

There are two ? in Skellige that appear to be quest related, but I haven't been sent to them yet. One is on Ard Skellig sort of near the main port, under some mountains. You can get into the first chamber of the cave, there are some Ghosts you have to fight, but the rest is blocked off (though on the map you can see there are further chambers to explore.)

And then to the far west of Ard Skellig on an island is an Elven looking ruin, same deal, can see further chambers on the mini map, but they're blocked off. Anyone been to either of these places?

Edited by OmarBradley

89 hours in, all of that stuff I was asking about before literally happened right after I posted. It was the next phase of the main quests.

Spoilers:

I killed Radovid, well Philippa did it. I'm glad I did, because Radovid tells you he's going to kill you for pretty much no reason (before he realizes it's a trap).

And killing Imlerith was great, charring him up and then using his hammer/mace thing.

I'm level 31, have mastercrafted Ursine armor because it looks cool, and Feline gloves/boots/pants for the attack % bonus.

I'm mostly done exploring ?. I have quite a few left in Skellige, mostly in the seas - kind of annoying that there's so many sea ?, because most of them are chests with mediocre gear.

There are two ? in Skellige that appear to be quest related, but I haven't been sent to them yet. One is on Ard Skellig sort of near the main port, under some mountains. You can get into the first chamber of the cave, there are some Ghosts you have to fight, but the rest is blocked off (though on the map you can see there are further chambers to explore.)

And then to the far west of Ard Skellig on an island is an Elven looking ruin, same deal, can see further chambers on the mini map, but they're blocked off. Anyone been to either of these places?

maybe it will be used in a future dlc? i havent found those places yet but i will check them out.

• Like 1

Got myself Superior Thunderbolt and Superior Swallow, Mastercraft armor and Mastercraft swords. Pretty set as far as character build goes too.

I was kinda hoping for more differentiation at high levels tbh, but it seems the mastercrafted stuff is really the best around - though there are some schematics for level 40+ swords, but I doubt anyone will get to level 40.

Overall, a bit disappointed with the armor design across the entire game, it started out really "eh," and got better, but I really haven't come across any armor that I've been like, "that looks fucking awesome." Mastercrafted Ursine and Great Sun armors are the best I've seen so far. Master Feline isn't bad, same with Redanian Halberdier. Maybe there are some rare armors I've missed.

Got myself Superior Thunderbolt and Superior Swallow, Mastercraft armor and Mastercraft swords. Pretty set as far as character build goes too.

I was kinda hoping for more differentiation at high levels tbh, but it seems the mastercrafted stuff is really the best around - though there are some schematics for level 40+ swords, but I doubt anyone will get to level 40.

Overall, a bit disappointed with the armor design across the entire game, it started out really "eh," and got better, but I really haven't come across any armor that I've been like, "that looks fucking awesome." Mastercrafted Ursine and Great Sun armors are the best I've seen so far. Master Feline isn't bad, same with Redanian Halberdier. Maybe there are some rare armors I've missed.

the wolf armors look pretty good, but i only got the base version of it.

Just finished all of the "Final preparations" quests. Still sort of disappointed that I can't really find any more side quests. I still have a few that are rated levels 12 - 16, but if I don't get XP I feel like it's a waste. I'll do 'em on my next playthrough. It sucks because it's almost like you're being punished for leveling early on, and not exploring literally everything before starting to level. To be fair, I also barely played Gwent.

Also I have to say, I'm slightly disappointed with the amount of random encounters in the world. The game just doesn't feel as "open" and "player dictating" as Skyrim did. W3 is still a great great RPG, and I probably prefer it to Skyrim, but if I'm being honest these 1 or 2 things, along with the lack of variety in high level gear are a bother to me. Skyrim wasn't perfect of course though....

I haven't really noticed too many of my decisions being majorly affecting of the main story, :shrugs: but I guess that's the point? There's supposedly 36 different endings apparently. I'll be honest, it's hard for me to see how.

And what's the deal with Redanian soldiers appearing out of nowhere inexplicably in the "free city" of Novigrad after

Kaer Morhen?
And then even when you
kill Radovid, and Djikstra
.... they're still there patrolling like nothing's amiss.

Still very much looking forward to finishing the main story, I'm 91 hours in, and it's seeming like I'll be done with the main quest before 100. I've heard of people not finishing until 120+ hours in, I don't know where they found the content. I pretty much watch every cut scene, and I've done every quest I've gotten that's been within the 6 level limit. Read every sign post, explored pretty much every ?, except for some of the sea ones on Skellige.

I will probably still buy the season pass, because my Witcher hole isn't filled yet, and I don't think it will be at the end of the main story. :lol:

Edited by OmarBradley

Haha Witcher hole. Since I just bought a console, I'm going to completely 100% Arkham Knight before I buy this game. But I'm really looking forward to exploring the crap out of this one too. With AK, this game, and MGSV on the horizon, there are a few games with some pretty big content. That's one thing I'm loving about this generation as it gets going a bit.

main story spoiler

vesemir :(

did you do the kaer morhen side quests? there was a couple i got that were for like level 28 and 29.

i still have a mess load of side quests for around my level i still have to do, not sure if difficulty level changes the level a quest but my brother plays on default difficulty and he is about 10 levels below me and he has already finished the novigrad fighting side quest, in my game the level recommendation is 24 or 26 and if i fight the first guy if he lands just one punch he takes half of my hp and stun locks me and then knocks me out.

not sure how many hours but i have to be over 100 by now.

Edited by bran

main story spoiler

did you do the kaer morhen side quests? there was a couple i got that were for like level 28 and 29.

i still have a mess load of side quests for around my level i still have to do, not sure if difficulty level changes the level a quest but my brother plays on default difficulty and he is about 10 levels below me and he has already finished the novigrad fighting side quest, in my game the level recommendation is 24 or 26 and if i fight the first guy if he lands just one punch he takes half of my hp and stun locks me and then knocks me out.

Yeah that death cut to the core.... but I had a feeling we weren't getting out of that battle without at least 1 major casualty. I did a side quest about some of the orphans who died in a small keep near Kaer Morhen. I don't recall if I stumbled upon any others.

Either way, it may be too late, I've gone pretty far into the main story since I haven't found too many new side quests. I did the newest DLC side quest, it was pretty good.

main story spoiler

Yeah that death cut to the core.... but I had a feeling we weren't getting out of that battle without at least 1 major casualty. I did a side quest about some of the orphans who died in a small keep near Kaer Morhen. I don't recall if I stumbled upon any others.

Either way, it may be too late, I've gone pretty far into the main story since I haven't found too many new side quests. I did the newest DLC side quest, it was pretty good.

there is one by kaer morhen where you find a dead drowner that opens a quest that is level 29.

there is another where you need

vesemir
to trigger but you can still explore the area and "complete" the quest and still get the reward. there is another one that involves some stone cirlces and another with some iron mine.