No New Album in 2015 (sorry guys)

Gunners,

Early this year I heard from a very reliable source that Guns would be back on the road in 2015 and a new album would be out. Sadly, I've recently been told that those plans will most likely not happen.

While I hope I am wrong, I don't want you guys holding onto some rumor any longer. It's sad to think that it's been almost 7 years now since Chinese Democracy came out and we still don't have more material from that era out and about. I'm still shocked that nothing additional from that era has leaked.

To you fans that come on here everyday, god bless you. I used to be a regular on here from 2002-2008. The wait for Chinese Democracy was one of the most epic waits of my life. I'll never forget how exciting it was seeing Guns play the VMAs in 2002, how epic it was seeing them at MSG in NYC during a blizzard in December, and just how awesome it was to hear songs like Better and Prostitute for the first time. I truly believe in this band and their ability to make some of the greatest music ever.

I love Axl, Guns, the members and all of their fans. You guys truly are the greatest fans in the world and all of your waiting will hopefully be rewarded one day. In the meantime, my only advice is to enjoy what Guns music we have and explore other great music that is out there. Peace and love,

Kaneda

p.s. If anyone is ever in NYC and wants to hang, listen to some guns and play some games in my bedroom arcade, just hit me up. Google my name if you want to see my arcade :) Chris Kooluris. Much love guys...

Whelp, I'm not surprised

Thanks, for the info bud. Love reading about your pad in the news and reddit. I'd love to pop in sometime

RNFNR!

yikes.

this sucks.

nice to see you though, chris. stop in more often man!

It's nice to be back. Love gunners and this band. I hope one day soon we will all be able to hear more of Axl and Co.

I'll say this, even though it's years old, Chinese D remains a masterpiece that never seems to grow old. It just grows Better, Better. :)

Any explanation as to why the plans have changed? Bumblefoot seems the most obvious answer but is there something else?

I doubt anyone is surprised by this.

Nothing specific to mention. Ron is a great friend and his departure right now is the right thing for him. I do know that the new guys never once got in the studio to record a new album, which is sad considering how talented they all are. So anything we were going to get was going to be Chinese D era stuff. Not that any of us would mind.

Thanks for the clarification and yes more CD era would be fine. :-)

Still hoping for a fall release. Thanks for the info though Kaneda. Just trying to stay positive. I suspect Axl will pull a Beyoncé type move and release the next album out of the blue, to stop piracy and all reasons. You could easily update Spotify and iTunes and it's in masses hands. Maybe an appearance on Jimmy Fallon to promote it, and a great marketing idea like the Dr Pepper thing.

I suspect Axl will pull a Beyoncé type move and release the next album out of the blue, to stop piracy and all reasons.

Did Beyoncé release her latest album that way to stop piracy? That's dumb. Piracy will never be stopped, unless you shut down the internet.

• Like 2

Any explanation as to why the plans have changed? Bumblefoot seems the most obvious answer but is there something else?

I'm thinking of an obvious answer, but it's not BBF. :lol:

Probably because of another member.

I'm thinking of an obvious answer, but it's not BBF. :lol:

Probably because of another member.

Yep, also known as the weakest link.