No New Album in 2015 (sorry guys)

I didnt think this would happened. The obvious move was to do festival season again this Summer, before a Nov release. There hasnt been even a sniff of a rumour about Guns touring and we're in May now.

Bumble leaving has seemingly cemented the change of plans and i'm finding it curious that all the old members, even Slash, are coming out of the woodwork saying a reunion would be good. Especially at a time they are all doing their own thing, enjoying it and succeeding.

Well I considered it more likely that Fernando would be the new lead guitarist for GnR than a new album by GnR in 2015.

I really think that Axl is done. Quietly exited the business and entered the basement. After mega law-suits and/or other pointless innuendo Axl Rose "The Chinese Democracy years" box set with a 100 new songs/demos will be released in 2040, with sales of about 5400 units world wide.

A friend of my agent told me that there is a serious push to bring the original band back together and the album component and corporate sponsorship for the tour are the two obstacles left to be negotiated. Apparently, Axl, Slash, and Duff have all agreed to it and once they have the two aforementioned items worked out, they'll be able to recruit the other touring members of the band (Tracy, Roberta, and Teddy Andreis), but they are holding off on that part because it could damage their plans if there is in-fighting or if someone gets their feelings hurt because they're left out and generates bad publicity.

My best friends brothers girlfriend knows a guy who goes with a girl who's brother saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

• Like 4

A friend of my agent told me that there is a serious push to bring the original band back together and the album component and corporate sponsorship for the tour are the two obstacles left to be negotiated. Apparently, Axl, Slash, and Duff have all agreed to it and once they have the two aforementioned items worked out, they'll be able to recruit the other touring members of the band (Tracy, Roberta, and Teddy Andreis), but they are holding off on that part because it could damage their plans if there is in-fighting or if someone gets their feelings hurt because they're left out and generates bad publicity.

My best friends brothers girlfriend knows a guy who goes with a girl who's brother saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

I'm loving your newly discovered snark. :lol:

Edited by magisme
  • Like 1

I'm loving your newly discovered snark. :lol:

It's always been there, I've just had more reason to show it lately. Lol

Kaneda had a legit source (Bumble) but it turned out not to happen. But it might.

My source was not Ron...I've known Ron since 2008 and have never shared any of our conversations on any forum or with anyone.

I'm still shocked by some of the anti-Ron sentiment that goes around. Ron did more for GNR fans than anyone else. Can you blame the guy for being frustrated? These guys were asked to be the new GNR and then never allowed to truly write a new history for GNR. Whole thing made no sense.

Reunion talks are strong as always, but how can any of us believe them. What's sad about a reunion tour is this: it means 20 years were wasted for nothing. Imagine all of the great tunes GNR would have released had Axl/Slash and Co. kept making music. On the plus side, they never burnt out like the Stones or just made so many songs nobody cared anymore (U2)...but still, lots of unfulfilled potential.

• Like 2

Kaneda had a legit source (Bumble) but it turned out not to happen. But it might.

My source was not Ron...I've known Ron since 2008 and have never shared any of our conversations on any forum or with anyone.

I'm still shocked by some of the anti-Ron sentiment that goes around. Ron did more for GNR fans than anyone else. Can you blame the guy for being frustrated? These guys were asked to be the new GNR and then never allowed to truly write a new history for GNR. Whole thing made no sense.

Reunion talks are strong as always, but how can any of us believe them. What's sad about a reunion tour is this: it means 20 years were wasted for nothing. Imagine all of the great tunes GNR would have released had Axl/Slash and Co. kept making music. On the plus side, they never burnt out like the Stones or just made so many songs nobody cared anymore (U2)...but still, lots of unfulfilled potential.

So If you dont mind telling, who was your source? dont take a name, but was it a band member? was it someone from the management, some one close to the manager? or you just assumed that an album will come out later this year out of nowhere? and I dont even know how you call the waiting of CD was Epic, to be honest it was very frustrating for me every time hearing it will release after 6 months or later this year, even if a band member told you, how did you even believe, don't you see what is Ashba's every interview about? "We are working very hard on the album, Axl has a Ton of stuff, I will take a bullet for him, The new album will be out very soon, Please buy my Swag"

Look on the bright side, atleast Slash should have another album out, and Rihanna should have something else out too. It wouldn't surprise me if Axl never played live again.

This is what'll happen in 2015

No new album

No touring

No reunion

Slash tours

Duff tours

Sixx am tours

Bumble tours

Replacements tour

Dead daisies tour

Pitman and frank do the dj club stuff

Axl is missing a trick if he doesn't give finck a call to replace bumble

• Like 1

This is what'll happen in 2015

No new album

No touring

No reunion

Slash tours

Duff tours

Sixx am tours

Bumble tours

Replacements tour

Dead daisies tour

Pitman and frank do the dj club stuff

This should be pinned in the main section. Totally accurate and time-saving for those looking for GNR news.

• Like 1

I never thought we'd see a new album this year. Don't think we'll see one next year either.

But Axl himself said he had TWO albums already completed.

CD came out seven years ago.

Why in the world would they wait longer?

p.s. If anyone is ever in NYC and wants to hang, listen to some guns and play some games in my bedroom arcade, just hit me up. Google my name if you want to see my arcade :) Chris Kooluris. Much love guys...

Hey man, I am definitely interested in checking out your arcade. I am a passionate old school gamer. I live on the Lower East Side so I can stop by whenever. Tried to PM you but it didn't work. Hit me up with what works for you...

Sorry, Kaneda, I think the way your post read suggested it was Ron.

I guess the label wouldn't pay for studio time when there's so much material already recorded. It's a big step to go in again with whole new songs before you've even finished the CD touring.

But there's nothing to stop Ron, Dj, Fortus, Tommy, Frank booking studio time now and doing something. Same goes for Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven. Make a record for Axl to sing on.

The reunion is strange. In Axl Time the reunion is perfect right now. It just comes with a massive side effect of hype. Again. Axl seems thrive on it though in a way.

Edited by wasted

Agree 100 percent with this. I think that is why most of us are so frustrated and disappointed with the last 20 years. So much potential, so much combined talent from all the different members, but so much waste. All of us are just left wondering what could have been with either the old or new bands.

I personally don't care either way as far as reunion versus continuing with the new band goes. I just wish we had more than 71 minutes worth of music to show for the last 20 years.

Sorry, Kaneda, I think the way your post read suggested it was Ron.

I guess the label wouldn't pay for studio time when there's so much material already recorded. It's a big step to go in again with whole new songs before you've even finished the CD touring.

But there's nothing to stop Ron, Dj, Fortus, Tommy, Frank booking studio time now and doing something. Same goes for Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven. Make a record for Axl to sing on.

The reunion is strange. In Axl Time the reunion is perfect right now. It just comes with a massive side effect of hype. Again. Axl seems thrive on it though in a way.

They have been touring CD going on 15 years now!