No New Album in 2015 (sorry guys)

Sorry, Kaneda, I think the way your post read suggested it was Ron.

I guess the label wouldn't pay for studio time when there's so much material already recorded. It's a big step to go in again with whole new songs before you've even finished the CD touring.

But there's nothing to stop Ron, Dj, Fortus, Tommy, Frank booking studio time now and doing something. Same goes for Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven. Make a record for Axl to sing on.

The reunion is strange. In Axl Time the reunion is perfect right now. It just comes with a massive side effect of hype. Again. Axl seems thrive on it though in a way.

They have been touring CD going on 15 years now!
Since it came out the first show was Dec 09. So 5 years. I get what your saying but they did play about 9 of those songs a good bit. Not so much towards the end where it was more a best of show.

Chi dem, Shacklers, SOD, Better, This I Love, Madagascar, Sorry, IRS, Catcher had decent runs.

It just didn't feel like they were finished with it until they were playing TWAT, Catcher more.

I guess after it came out they added Shacklers, TIL, Sorry, Catcher.

I don't know if they over did it with CD or didn't push songs like Shacklers, Scraped, ITW, Catcher, Twat, Prostitute enough.

I might be fair to say they were dipping into it. In the end Chi dem, Better, TIL, SOD are pretty established. Catcher was a late runner but felt it finished strong.

So I see your point but the songs were there to prolong it. Now it really feels like they worked Chinese enough.

No new album ever. Accept it.The only way this can continue is if Axl goes solo. How much longer can revolving band members go on for?

If Axl went solo he'd still need a band, he'd still be expected to perform old Guns songs....so given that he owns the rights to the hugely recognisable and lucrative band name, why the hell would he not call it Guns N' Roses?

The problem isn't whether he's solo, in a band or anything else. Its that he doesn't give a fuck about making music anymore.

• Like 1

I wish he went solo instead of ruining the gnr brand like he has..... what do you do when your master plan tanks like a shitboat ? going solo after dragging the gnr name through the mud with ridiculous additions like d.j ashba seems just wrong now imo.

Gunners,

Early this year I heard from a very reliable source that Guns would be back on the road in 2015 and a new album would be out. Sadly, I've recently been told that those plans will most likely not happen.

While I hope I am wrong, I don't want you guys holding onto some rumor any longer. It's sad to think that it's been almost 7 years now since Chinese Democracy came out and we still don't have more material from that era out and about. I'm still shocked that nothing additional from that era has leaked.

To you fans that come on here everyday, god bless you. I used to be a regular on here from 2002-2008. The wait for Chinese Democracy was one of the most epic waits of my life. I'll never forget how exciting it was seeing Guns play the VMAs in 2002, how epic it was seeing them at MSG in NYC during a blizzard in December, and just how awesome it was to hear songs like Better and Prostitute for the first time. I truly believe in this band and their ability to make some of the greatest music ever.

I love Axl, Guns, the members and all of their fans. You guys truly are the greatest fans in the world and all of your waiting will hopefully be rewarded one day. In the meantime, my only advice is to enjoy what Guns music we have and explore other great music that is out there. Peace and love,

Kaneda

p.s. If anyone is ever in NYC and wants to hang, listen to some guns and play some games in my bedroom arcade, just hit me up. Google my name if you want to see my arcade :) Chris Kooluris. Much love guys...

This is a shocking revelation which completely blind-sighted me. So unexpected!

• Like 1

I don't think he's ruined the brand one bit. He worked hard to keep the brand alive. Even Duff said that man...

You think that if someone randomly bought A4D they wouldn't come away with a degraded opinion of GNR?

• Like 1

I don't think he's ruined the brand one bit. He worked hard to keep the brand alive. Even Duff said that man...

He didn't do anything with the brand, good , bad, or indifferent.

To everyone but us, GNR broke up 20 years ago. Anything Axl has done in the meantime has certainly not added to their legacy, but I don't think its really detracted from it either.

No one considers this Guns N' Roses.

you know guys, I used to spend every day on this forum for years. the wait for Chinese Democracy marked about a 1/4 of my life. Sure it was frustrating, but of man, the high moments were epic highs. Seeing them perform Live at the VMAs...man, that had me jumping up and down for hours. The incredible performance at MSG where Bucket just destroyed it! (in a good way).

Then that horrible 4 year wait for nothing. But we had leaks. We had hope. And we had faith in Axl. There was still so much mystery then. So many unknowns.

Looking back now, the time to strike would have been in 2006 (Axl looked his best then and had that fire back)...He should have had Slash replace bucket and taken over the world. Didn't happen.

But that's cool...I'm happy we got the album out (even if the mix was poor)...

I'm happy to have seen Guns many many times in concert.

As much as we'd like, we can't change the way the last 20 years unfolded. But look, the only life we should be trying to change and improve is our own. Anyone who's spent too much time worried about Guns needs to find more hobbies. Why? There's just not enough news or reason to follow this band day to day.

Guns fans are the best and most dedicated fans in history. I hope we all hear the rest of the Chinese D era music soon. Much love...CK

• Like 2

Sorry, Kaneda, I think the way your post read suggested it was Ron.

I guess the label wouldn't pay for studio time when there's so much material already recorded. It's a big step to go in again with whole new songs before you've even finished the CD touring.

But there's nothing to stop Ron, Dj, Fortus, Tommy, Frank booking studio time now and doing something. Same goes for Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven. Make a record for Axl to sing on.

The reunion is strange. In Axl Time the reunion is perfect right now. It just comes with a massive side effect of hype. Again. Axl seems thrive on it though in a way.

They have been touring CD going on 15 years now!
Since it came out the first show was Dec 09. So 5 years. I get what your saying but they did play about 9 of those songs a good bit. Not so much towards the end where it was more a best of show.

Chi dem, Shacklers, SOD, Better, This I Love, Madagascar, Sorry, IRS, Catcher had decent runs.

It just didn't feel like they were finished with it until they were playing TWAT, Catcher more.

I guess after it came out they added Shacklers, TIL, Sorry, Catcher.

I don't know if they over did it with CD or didn't push songs like Shacklers, Scraped, ITW, Catcher, Twat, Prostitute enough.

I might be fair to say they were dipping into it. In the end Chi dem, Better, TIL, SOD are pretty established. Catcher was a late runner but felt it finished strong.

So I see your point but the songs were there to prolong it. Now it really feels like they worked Chinese enough.

To be fair, they started playing CD, The Blues, Rhiad and Madagascar as early as 2002.

So they've been working the album CD for 12 years. Seems like that is long enough.

He worked hard to keep the brand alive...

Wtf?

Let's say Axl's vision for GnR started in 1999.

So in the last 16 years he has released one album, toured off and on - often going for years with no touring, disappearing for years at a time, and going years without communicating with fans about plans of the band.

A more honest statement would be that Axl has done just about the bare minimum possible to keep the GnR brand alive.

That's what I'm saying for every block of touring they had a few new songs. Not exactly sure but

2002 - Chi Dem, Riad, The Blues, Madagascar?

2006 - Better, IRS?

2009 - Shacklers, Sorry, This I Love?

2012 - Catcher, TWAT not sure when added

But from 2010 they didn't add much. So it's just 4-5 years without a brand new track. The Seeker was the new song.

I was at a bar in Manhattan tonight. The played the SCOM video on the tv and blasted the audio thru the bar. Everyone was singing along.

Guess what? They didn't play TWAT or Thyme or The General or whatever nonsense which is supposed to be Round Two.

you know guys, I used to spend every day on this forum for years. the wait for Chinese Democracy marked about a 1/4 of my life. Sure it was frustrating, but of man, the high moments were epic highs. Seeing them perform Live at the VMAs...man, that had me jumping up and down for hours. The incredible performance at MSG where Bucket just destroyed it! (in a good way).

Then that horrible 4 year wait for nothing. But we had leaks. We had hope. And we had faith in Axl. There was still so much mystery then. So many unknowns.

Looking back now, the time to strike would have been in 2006 (Axl looked his best then and had that fire back)...He should have had Slash replace bucket and taken over the world. Didn't happen.

But that's cool...I'm happy we got the album out (even if the mix was poor)...

I'm happy to have seen Guns many many times in concert.

As much as we'd like, we can't change the way the last 20 years unfolded. But look, the only life we should be trying to change and improve is our own. Anyone who's spent too much time worried about Guns needs to find more hobbies. Why? There's just not enough news or reason to follow this band day to day.

Guns fans are the best and most dedicated fans in history. I hope we all hear the rest of the Chinese D era music soon. Much love...CK

I want to hear the rest of Chinese era music too and 2006 would have been perfect time especially with the better music video and the cd mix wasn't poor. songs like better, twat, sod, itw, shacklers, this I love, and prostitute make cd mix most epic rock mix ever

That's what I'm saying for every block of touring they had a few new songs. Not exactly sure but

2006 - Better, IRS?

But from 2010 they didn't add much. So it's just 4-5 years without a brand new track. The Seeker was the new song.

Catcher was played in 2009 and 2010. TWAT as far back as 2006 (and 2009/10)

Edited by ZoSoRose

2006 - Better, IRS?

I do admire your ability to put a positive spin on things that most people would see as a negative.

2006 - Better, IRS?

Catcher was played in 2009 and 2010. TWAT as far back as 2006 (and 2009/10)

Scraped n' If The World were played 2009-2010, well, in Tokyo 2009 Chinese Democracy was almost played, only Riad wasn't