What Music Shit Are You Watching? (videos, interviews, docu's etc)

Len Cnut

I used to be thorough Keef. Began playing a Tele because of Keef. Mick was the poncy money grabbing effeminate ballad-toting trend-following frontman. Keith was the opposite of all that. Then I saw them live. And you also discover that Keith wrote Angie. Truth strange than fiction.

I never tried the rooster hair cut. I'm not that much of a wanker.

The rooster haircut is fantastic.  Cept it only looks good if you're Mick or Keith or Ronnie Wood :lol:  I might go see em live next time i get a chance.  Not really my kind of scene but fuck, I've gotta see em the once.  I actually got into em really late too, like 2002-ish. 

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

The rooster haircut is fantastic.  Cept it only looks good if you're Mick or Keith or Ronnie Wood :lol:  I might go see em live next time i get a chance.  Not really my kind of scene but fuck, I've gotta see em the once.  I actually got into em really late too, like 2002-ish. 

I saw them in 1999 at the old wembley. I have a bootleg of it.

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I saw them in 1999 at the old wembley. I have a bootleg of it.

See i watch Ladies and Gentleman The Rolling Stones and think, fuck, I've GOT to see this band.  But it ain't that band anymore and they ain't gonna sound like that.  Still sound alright though, pretty good. 

Just now, Len Cnut said:

See i watch Ladies and Gentleman The Rolling Stones and think, fuck, I've GOT to see this band.  But it ain't that band anymore and they ain't gonna sound like that.  Still sound alright though, pretty good. 

The Stones between 1969 - 73 were in a sort of world few have achieved. I hear it when I hear James Brown and the JBs. It is the very pinnacle of rock itself. I have a ridiculous number of Mick Taylor era Stones boots.

There is just something about the interplay and synergy. It is a musical transcendent experience. Guns had an element of that in 1987 - in moments like Nightrain when Sloshy is blazing away - but not like the aforementioned. James Brown had that - the JBs had it in spades. Crazy Horse have it. Generally it is jam bands. You cannot quite describe it but you know it when you hear it.

They, the Stones, actually stuck quite rigidly to setlists so I have all of these cdrs on a spindle of shows from that era and they all have similar sets but they are glorious. I think the Aussie ones in 1973 might be my favourites. I got addicted to them.

Well this would be all true if I was listening to rock right now haha.

But listen to the boots from this era - I believe they are on youtube or can be downloaded from the nice folks at IORR. You can pick any at random. I think there was a discussion with classicrocker awhile back on Taylor era boots, marred slightly by his inclusion of Zep boots (but we'll not hold that against him).

56 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

There is just something about the interplay and synergy. It is a musical transcendent experience. Guns had an element of that in 1987 - in moments like Nightrain when Sloshy is blazing away - but not like the aforementioned. James Brown had that - the JBs had it in spades. Crazy Horse have it. Generally it is jam bands. You cannot quite describe it but you know it when you hear it.

They, the Stones, actually stuck quite rigidly to setlists so I have all of these cdrs on a spindle of shows from that era and they all have similar sets but they are glorious. I think the Aussie ones in 1973 might be my favourites. I got addicted to them.

Well this would be all true if I was listening to rock right now haha.

But listen to the boots from this era - I believe they are on youtube or can be downloaded from the nice folks at IORR. You can pick any at random. I think there was a discussion with classicrocker awhile back on Taylor era boots, marred slightly by his inclusion of Zep boots (but we'll not hold that against him).

Synergy is about the right word, Keith will often make comments about, specifically the guitarists interplay, the 'weaving', that gives it the feel of an orchestra and you can see what hes getting at when you listen to em.  Cracking band really.

None of their tour dates this year are in England, next closest is France, 152 quid a ticket.

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Synergy is about the right word, Keith will often make comments about, specifically the guitarists interplay, the 'weaving', that gives it the feel of an orchestra and you can see what hes getting at when you listen to em.  Cracking band really.

None of their tour dates this year are in England, next closest is France, 152 quid a ticket.

The birthplace of the modern Arsenal? You can la-di-da it up?

31 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I think I'll wait til they come to England, hope it aint some horrible festival.  Their statement said 'sorry UK fans...see you in 2018'.

I wouldn't bother to be honest. They are alright still but you know in your heart you have just been conned. Like Guns really. You know deep down it is a con but you'll justify it to yourself.

You could go to shagaluf for three weeks on the price of seeing an octogenarian shake his bum at you.

When I saw them Jagger came up to me and did a little twirl. It was a good show. Old Wembley where Bobby Moore won the cup, before the FA decided to bulldoze it down and erect a soulless mecca of for corporate hospitality and prawn sandwiches. I attended the show with two hardcore racists which was interesting.

• 2 weeks later...