What Music Shit Are You Watching? (videos, interviews, docu's etc)

Len Cnut

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2017 at 9:36 AM, Len Cnut said:

Just a documentary on Johnny Cash, pretty good too i enjoyed it, downloaded it off a torrent, realised I’ve heard a shit ton of his music for years but never knew nothing bout the man so i sought that out.

I don't know about the doc, haven't seen it, but he was the definition of a straight up guy. Believed what he believed and stood by it. Didn't judge others. Looked at issues with common sense and his own brain and heart. Helped out a bunch of people. Never let money or fame change him. Just a stand up guy.

Plus he was friends with everyone from Bob Dylan to Waylon Jennings to Joe Strummer, so you know he was cool.

• Like 1

Watched this before and got more emotional than I expected to. Talk all the shit you want about LP, but for us of a certain age, their music soundtracked our adolescence whether we sought it out or not. And they were pretty damn diverse musically, too.

Edited by chevelle

On 29/10/2017 at 4:44 AM, Tori72 said:

There's a documentary of Keith Richards on Netflix and I think it's awesome. Someone seen it? I'm not even into Keith or the Stones but now I'm in so much awe for the musician, what he did and how...

is it called Under the Influence?  I enjoyed that one!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

is it called Under the Influence?  I enjoyed that one!

Yep, that one. Still it didn't make me listen to more Stones. I like how Keef's artist persona was being captured. If that makes sense. :lol:

Edited by Tori72

10 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Yep, that one. Still it didn't make me listen to more Stones. I like how Keef's artist persona was being captured. If that makes sense. :lol:

I love the blues he highlights in the documentary and I love The Stoneses music and his guitar playing but his persona, to me, is a fuckin' joke :lol:  To me he ain't some kind of junkie demi-god, he ain't some kind of swash-buckling hero, he's just a wrinkley old duffer from Richmond Upon Thames, a sleepy little suburb of London that spent a little too much time playing music by cool grizzled old black men from the streets in America and has started to think that he is like them...when he's not :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut

15 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I love the blues he highlights in the documentary and I love The Stoneses music and his guitar playing but his persona, to me, is a fuckin' joke :lol:  To me he ain't some kind of junkie demi-god, he ain't some kind of swash-buckling hero, he's just a wrinkley old duffer from Richmond Upon Thames, a sleepy little suburb of London that spent a little too much time playing music by cool grizzled old black men from the streets in America and has started to think that he is like them...when he's not :lol:

You make me laugh. Also, I'm with you there. He's no cool grizzled old black man and no junkie demi-god to me either. He looks like 150 years old, like a very old man, gollum faced but yet lively eyes. He talked about being young and staying young and learning and death. Like the simple truths of life that only old people really can deliver? Somehow that touched my heart. Also his blues, of course and his feel for music and the ease for rhythm and tone and - uhm - music, basically. An ease that only old musicians get. 

Also I loved the earnestness and respect of his younger years, the way they approached the blues and musicians like Muddy Waters and Chuck Berry and made it his own / the Stone's own. And later his dive into reggae was cool somehow, too. Everything felt heartfelt to me, I might be a sucker for that.

Edited by Tori72

3 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

You make me laugh. Also, I'm with you there. He's no cool grizzled old black man and no junkie demi-god to me either. He looks like 150 years old, like a very old man, gollum faced but yet lively eyes. He talked about being young and staying young and learning and death. Somehow that touched my heart. Also his blues, of course and his feel for music and the ease for rhythm and tone and - uhm - music, basically. An ease that only old musicians get. 

Also I loved the earnestness and respect of his younger years, the way they approached the blues and musicians like Muddy Waters and Chuck Berry and made it his own / the Stone's won. And later his dive into reggae was cool somehow, too. Everything felt heartfelt to me, I might be a sucker for that.

Yeah when he stops fuckin' around and actually talks like what he is it's actually heart-warming because its a really valuable story and history in and of itself, postwar England and his observations of all that, what is in essence and where he comes from, has its own value and is interesting in and of itself, i totally agree with that.  And yeah, the passion for the music is totally infectious and thats why that documentary is valuable, because its really about that, its kind of a music lovers trip through the music he loves, which is a brilliant thing.  If you like that you might like this too:

17 hours ago, Jabberwocky said:

Mr. Charlie - freak folk artist from Detroit (live in studio 1992)

Y'know...i do love the fuckin' shit you come up with :lol:  A  Jabberwocky post is essential viewing here in Len Land.  Like that fuckin' fuckin' thread you made about the fuckin' nether regions of youtube, I wish I could've contributed to that but nothing I have ever got to is worthy but you do dig out some crazy shit :lol:

10 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Y'know...i do love the fuckin' shit you come up with :lol:  A  Jabberwocky post is essential viewing here in Len Land.  Like that fuckin' fuckin' thread you made about the fuckin' nether regions of youtube, I wish I could've contributed to that but nothing I have ever got to is worthy but you do dig out some crazy shit :lol:

:lol:Thanks Lenny. I use YouTube like someone who has a TV with a billion channels on it. Every genre of music has at least one dedicated video or documentary about it.

Edited by Jabberwocky