Len Cnut

What Music Shit Are You Watching? (videos, interviews, docu's etc)

13 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'm watching Scorsese's The Blues. I've only watched two and it is very good thus far.  

Is that that massive 5 DVD thing or whatever, might've been more than five, that he put out back in the day?  I seen that, its pretty good!  There's another documentary out there you might like called Bluesland. 

4 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Is that that massive 5 DVD thing or whatever, might've been more than five, that he put out back in the day?  I seen that, its pretty good!  There's another documentary out there you might like called Bluesland. 

Thanks - I'll watch it when I have the time. Scorsese's is seven parts I believe. It is not a traditional chronological documentary; they're like films which chart a story, interspersed with various renditions of the songs under discussion by people like Lou Reed and Beck. I liked Scorsese's film on Dylan which aired on the BBC - No Direction Home I believe it is called. It uses a lot of stuff from the two Pennebaker films.

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Thanks - I'll watch it when I have the time. Scorsese's is seven parts I believe. It is not a traditional chronological documentary; they're like films which chart a story, interspersed with various renditions of the songs under discussion by people like Lou Reed and Beck. I liked Scorsese's film on Dylan which aired on the BBC - No Direction Home I believe it is called. It uses a lot of stuff from the two Pennebaker films.

Yeah that ones a cracker and all, the Bob Dylan one.  

This is superb. About the Memphis/Beale Street blues scene,

I've liked most of the Scorsese films but this is by far the best (thus far - I still need to see the last three). 

The Evil Acid Baron Show

1988 VHS release that mixed in trippy computer graphics and house music

Unrest - Live @ Rex 1993

It's a shame that many think of punk rock in Washington DC being Fugazi/Minor Threat and Bad Brains sound but it was alot more than that.

Life in 12 Bars, the new Showtime documentary about Eric Clapton

A Keith Richards or Rolling Stones documentary, I can't remember which, it was fun

Hetfield's vocals are ridiculous in this video. I can't get over them.

American Valhalla - a documentary about the making of Iggy Pops last album, Post Punk Depression

Don't tell him you nicked his riff to his face :lol:  The Doors nicked it first to be fair!