What Music Shit Are You Watching? (videos, interviews, docu's etc)

Len Cnut

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Just now, Len Cnut said:

That was such a fantastic band there, its a shame Axl Rose had creative control over them, think of what that bunch of nutters could’ve made if truly unleashed.

That was like a supergroup, wasn't it? They've got Robin from NIN, Richard Fortus from Love Spit Love, Buckethead and Brain from Primus, Tommy Stinson from the Replacements, Chris Pitman from Lusk and Tool... That line-up could've been almost as huge has the one from UYI.

11 minutes ago, Sosso said:

That was like a supergroup, wasn't it? They've got Robin from NIN, Richard Fortus from Love Spit Love, Buckethead and Brain from Primus, Tommy Stinson from the Replacements, Chris Pitman from Lusk and Tool... That line-up could've been almost as huge has the one from UYI.

In and of themselves they were a wonderful band of nutcases Axl put together and, to my mind, the best possible way to follow up a band as iconic as GnR.  Brain and Buckethead in particular who are so profficient at what they do, then to team them with a punk style bass player, its such an off kilter combination.  Any sensible person would stick a funky bass player with em but nopes...but thats cool cuz the most interesting music comes out of that kinda weird rhythmic clash.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

In and of themselves they were a wonderful band of nutcases Axl put together and, to my mind, the best possible way to follow up a band as iconic as GnR.  Brain and Buckethead in particular who are so profficient at what they do, then to team them with a punk style bass player, its such an off kilter combination.

That's right. Bucket and Brain were a really good team anyway. They've toured and recorded together since the mid-90's. The "I Need Five Minutes Alone" album from Pieces is a perfect example for that. 

I really rate Buckethead.  I’d be lying if i said i listened to tons of his shit but i know talent when i see it, i really dig him with a proper band around with a real idea like The Deli Creeps...and even on his own his stuff to me is like muscians albums, you hear great musical ideas there that are kist crying out for the right band but at the same time, hey, its music right, why should it not just exist by itself and not be subjected to my or rather some peoples hankering for three chord verse chorus verse pop music, I kinda admire musicians like that thought they’re not my go to listen by any means but at the same time I like and respect what they do and probably aill get around to really digging into their shit some day.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This came up in my recommended videos the other night. I'm no KISS fan by any means but enjoy some of their tunes. I couldn't have told you what Peter Criss looked like without makeup before watching this but it fascinated me how this could have been pulled off.