[Billboard] Police Captain Gets His Job Back After Guns N' Roses Guitarist Helicopter Proposal

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/6568522/guns-n-roses-helicopter-proposal-police-job-back?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

A state agency's ruling says a former Las Vegas police captain who resigned rather than be demoted for helping a Guns N' Roses guitarist use the department's helicopter for an elaborate wedding proposal should get his job back, have his record cleared and be paid what he would have earned since Dec. 20, 2013.

The Friday ruling in favor of David O' Leary came from the Local Government Employee Management Relations Board, which resolves disputes between public agencies and employees.

The Las Vegas police department says in a statement it disagrees with the ruling and plans to appeal.

Any appeal would be made to the state's district court in Clark County. O'Leary had been with the department for nearly 25 years and led its financial crimes division.

O'Leary faced demotion to lieutenant for helping arrange the Aug. 7, 2013, private flight for Guns N' Roses guitarist Daren Jay "DJ" Ashba and his then-girlfriend, Colombian actress Nathalia Henao

365385622.jpg

Edited by Silent Jay

How is this DJ's fault? That moronic Las Vegas police captain probably tried to show off to DJ with his promise of the helicopter on the expense of the Las Vegas tax payer. You wouldn't want your police to start giving freebies to artists?

How is this DJ's fault? That moronic Las Vegas police captain probably tried to show off to DJ with his promise of the helicopter on the expense of the Las Vegas tax payer. You wouldn't want your police to start giving freebies to artists?

Because Las Vegas.

This.

I can't stand DJ, but this one really isn't his fault IMO.

Im a little confused on what happened, from what I understand is that Ashba contacted this guy for the wedding proposal and this guy helped Ashba to ride the Police chopper and now the officer has resigned or was kicked out?

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Im a little confused on what happened, from what I understand is that Ashba contacted this guy for the wedding proposal and this guy helped Ashba to ride the Police chopper and now the officer has resigned or was kicked out?

That's what I gather, yeah.

So well shouldnt have Ashba just hired a normal chopper? rather than telling this guy to use the police chopper because Police choppers are used in order to catch criminals who are on the run etc etc and not for proposing your annoying girlfriend, I blame the officer too that why the hell did he let Ashba use the chopper in the first place

And from what I udnerstand this guy resigned or well was forced to resigne rather than being demoted and now he has got his old job back

So well shouldnt have Ashba just hired a normal chopper? rather than telling this guy to use the police chopper because Police choppers are used in order to catch criminals who are on the run etc etc and not for proposing your annoying girlfriend, I blame the officer too that why the hell did he let Ashba use the chopper in the first place

And from what I udnerstand this guy resigned or well was forced to resigne rather than being demoted and now he has got his old job back

I doubt Ashba was telling the police captain to use the chopper, it was rather him who offered them a ride.

To my understanding, Ashba and the Captain are friends, and DJ asked about a helicopter tour. The captain obliged and ended up losing his job because of this. But apparently not they're finding out that what he did was allowed, and he should be getting his job back.