The reunion topic is heating up!

Marc- recently Duff and Slash have basically extended the old olive branch in regards to a reunion. "Never say never" etc... Do you think (honest opinion) that A- Axl has heard/read the comments B-he has given any credence to them and C-will comment? It seems the topic is hotter than ever. Your thoughts....

Slash and Duff both for many years have made it clear that they would be up for a a reunion so this is nothing new. Same with Steven and Izzy even told me when I talked to him in 2007 that he was up to work with the AFD guys again.

What has changed is until last year Slash and Axl would not sign off on the other one to use the old songs in videos in the USA. Duff was the key to getting Slash to sign off on the Vegas DVD that came out last year and it looks like Slash has one coming out soon too. So that is a good sign that they are able to move to the next step. Before last year neither one would have let the other one do that. I think the fact that Duff now talks to Axl, there has to be some things that Duff must have help fill the bridge between some things that Axl thought Slash had lied about and now knows that it was not what he thought. Sure there are still some other things that are not solved between them.

I think what Slash was saying that things have calmed down a bit is the fact that they are now able to use the old music for their own projects.

Maybe someday they will move it to the next level and Slash and Axl may even be on talking terms. Only time will tell but I wouldn't hold your breath for that. If it does happen it could be years down the road and it would be because Axl felt the time was right for them to start talking again. Still doen't mean that there is a reunion coming even if they were on talking terms again. However it would be nice to know that they would be working out the unfinished matters that linger between them. Too many years have gone by with all that built up inside them. It would be a breath of fresh air to get that crap off their shoulders.

• Like 4

Question though: what do you mean they weren't allowed to use their old songs on their respective releases? Where is that line drawn? What I mean is there was a deluxe edition of Slash's solo album which featured (a god awful) Paradise City. Did Axl have to sign off on that? In addition to the tons of "on the fly" concerts sold at Slash's shows in 2010 which people paid for and featured GNR songs. It just feels like Slash has had a lot of releases with GNR songs. His Made In Stoke DVD was like 3 years ago at this point, and there was an Apocalyptic Love show sold as a deluxe edition with that album a few months after its release. And I actually even think VR released a DVD like 4 years ago that might have had Used To Love Here (but maybe I'm wrong).

My question is where is the line drawn with these releases. The Slash deluxe edition and the Made In Stoke DVD were widely available in the US and featured GNR songs. DId Axl have to sign off on that? And if he did, what has changed in recent years? That Slash signed off on Axl to use them?

• Like 1

Thanks for the info, Marc, always much appreciated. I was just about to post what gunsfanoldie has said. What about the Made in Stoke DVD that included seven Guns N' Roses songs?

Edited by Sisyphus
  • Like 1

Question though: what do you mean they weren't allowed to use their old songs on their respective releases? Where is that line drawn? What I mean is there was a deluxe edition of Slash's solo album which featured (a god awful) Paradise City. Did Axl have to sign off on that? In addition to the tons of "on the fly" concerts sold at Slash's shows in 2010 which people paid for and featured GNR songs. It just feels like Slash has had a lot of releases with GNR songs. His Made In Stoke DVD was like 3 years ago at this point, and there was an Apocalyptic Love show sold as a deluxe edition with that album a few months after its release. And I actually even think VR released a DVD like 4 years ago that might have had Used To Love Here (but maybe I'm wrong).

My question is where is the line drawn with these releases. The Slash deluxe edition and the Made In Stoke DVD were widely available in the US and featured GNR songs. DId Axl have to sign off on that? And if he did, what has changed in recent years? That Slash signed off on Axl to use them?

The Made in Stoke Blu-Ray on Amazon is the UK version but it's region-free I believe, the DVD that came with the 2CD edition in the US only had 5 songs on it. It's weirdly specific, the oldGNR thing, think it only concerns videos in the US.

The Made in Stoke Blu-Ray on Amazon is the UK version but it's region-free I believe, the DVD that came with the 2CD edition in the US only had 5 songs on it. It's weirdly specific, the oldGNR thing, think it only concerns videos in the US.

Interesting. And weird. But I did check and see that the VR Houston DVD did indeed have Used To Love Her on it. And that was released in like 2011 and I could walk into a store and buy that when it came out. Does that apply or is that a different scenario?

Interesting. And weird. But I did check and see that the VR Houston DVD did indeed have Used To Love Her on it. And that was released in like 2011 and I could walk into a store and buy that when it came out. Does that apply or is that a different scenario?

Dunno tbh, that is confusing, especially since that seem to be a legit Region 1 DVD.

8 new songs and Reunion World Tour in 2016 : http://www.weblo.com/asset_images/large/Guns_N_Roses_Rare_Photo_48db9c736c7d3.jpg

:headbang::headbang:

A Guns N' Roses Reunion?
Is Hell Really Getting Cooler?
Maybe.

Each time that I’ve talked to Slash over the last decade he’s firmly but politely denied the possibility (not to mention the need) for a Guns N' Roses reunion.

“Why?” he said, peering at me from beneath his top hat and behind unnecessarily dark sunglasses. “We did what we did and it was good. Now we’re all doing other things and that’s good, too. I don’t see the point, really.” And with that, the conversation moved on to Snakepit, the Conspirators and cars (Slash is a gearhead; we geeked out over Top Gear and Aston-Martins for a bit.)

But in the back of my mind was a conversation I once had with an industry insider who was and remains positive that the Gunners will reunite.

“It’ll come down to Axl and money,” she said. “Slash has managed his money well. He’s fine. Duff is a financial adviser with an MBA. He’s made tons of money for himself as well as other people. Izzy? I think he was one of Duff’s clients. If Matt Sorum doesn’t want to do it, Steve Adler hopes and prays for a reunion every single second of every single day, so he’s in. That leaves Axl.”

“But the rest of the guys hate him, right? Why would they ever want to work with him again?”

“Never underestimate how humble and cooperative one can get once the money tree starts to shrivel. Axl’s been burning through GNR-related cash like Michael Jackson lived off Thriller. Eventually there’s nothing left. And it’s not like royalties for album sales are going to carry the day. The only way to make money these days–especially for a heritage act like GnR–is to swallow their pride, take the victory lap of a reunion tour and cash all the cheques that come with it. And the cheques for Gunners reunion will be HUGE!”

So where do things stand today?

Duff has been working with Izzy already. A new track featuring both of them comes out next week.
Duff recently join Axl’s version of GnR on tour.
A rumour says the band is already back together and as many as eight songs have been recorded for a new record to be released in advance of a 2016 world tour.
Axl has been silent. Dead silent.
Slash had this to say on CBS This Morning this week (May 7): “I gotta be careful what I say there. I mean, if everybody wanted to do it and do it for the right reasons, you know, I think the fans would love it. I think it might be fun at some point to try and do that, but…it just starts to get into a whole complex thing. But anyway, it’s really between the guys in the band.”

Well, what about his feud with Axl? “We don’t have all those issues anymore. There’s not a lot of controversy. It’s something that’s more perpetuated by the media than anything.”

And here’s another thing worth considering. With fewer and fewer bands able to fill arenas and stadiums every year, promoters are willing to pay big, big, BIG dollars to get some of these legacy acts back on the road. Live Nation owns all these venues that need to be filled with punters. AEG wants to be bigger than Live Nation and are willing to pay whatever’s necessary to make that happen. And the music industry wants to milk the Baby Boomers for more discretionary dough–something of which they have a lot.

Will it happen? My insider friend remains positive.

Edited by supercool

Well, in late 2014 Eddie Trunk said a Guns reunion had been "put into motion".

Don't know if you're joking or not, but if you're not, don't read too much into that. I'm a big proponent of Eddie Trunk and that was one of the few times he messed up. He of all people knows what saying that means, and then when he elaborated it was all from his own conclusions that many uninformed people here like us have also had. Usually he has inside info, but that one, by his own admission, was just him thinking "Slash is getting divorced which is costly, Duff just recently played with Axl, Bumblefoot out of the band." "Put in motion" made it sound like something deep in the GNR camp was being worked on, which is inside info he would usually have, but when he furthered that statement he basically made it clear he had no info whatsoever.

A rare first for him. In fact, earlier that year he did a podcast with Slash and Slash essentially shut down his reunion talk by saying something along the lines of "don't try to trick me into that topic." Trunk knows nothing, and by Slash's answer it seems, even if relations are better than they've been in the past, it hasn't even been discussed as something vaguely serious for a number of reasons (he's busy with solo stuff, Axl still not talking to him, etc.) And I believe Slash there.

• Like 1

I do believe we are closer, or at least the next 5 years before they turn 60 will be kind of the final opportunity for this to maybe happen, and thats being generous. But I think the 8 songs and band already being back together is a bold faced lie that for some reason is starting to be spread. That wouldn't even truly make sense. First off, DJ has said things of "we want to do shows" or "maybe not some now but next year". Sure they are vague, but if the old band was already back together it would mean he's just straight lying, as opposed to being hopefully optimistic which is what his statements usually are. I don't think he's actively lying or being told to do so, but maybe I'm giving GNR camp too much credit. Secondly, if you follow Slash at all, you know he has no time whatsoever to create new music with the old band and hasn't since last summer. Since last summer, he's been on the road with Aerosmith, had a short American leg, long European leg, legs in South America and I think Australia and is now touring America on his own headline tour. With plans to tour Europe this summer. AND he's already said he's working on another album. He hasn't had a free moment in almost a year, so to think he's also banged out 8 GNR songs in that amount of time? Let's just thats either total bullshit, or he's an actual God that in the maybe month long break worth of time he was able to get that accomplished. Slash doesn't have the time to even focus on a GNR reunion till the end of this year and that couldn't be more available to anyone willing to get the facts.

Well, in late 2014 Eddie Trunk said a Guns reunion had been "put into motion".

Don't know if you're joking or not, but if you're not, don't read too much into that. I'm a big proponent of Eddie Trunk and that was one of the few times he messed up. He of all people knows what saying that means, and then when he elaborated it was all from his own conclusions that many uninformed people here like us have also had. Usually he has inside info, but that one, by his own admission, was just him thinking "Slash is getting divorced which is costly, Duff just recently played with Axl, Bumblefoot out of the band." "Put in motion" made it sound like something deep in the GNR camp was being worked on, which is inside info he would usually have, but when he furthered that statement he basically made it clear he had no info whatsoever.

A rare first for him. In fact, earlier that year he did a podcast with Slash and Slash essentially shut down his reunion talk by saying something along the lines of "don't try to trick me into that topic." Trunk knows nothing, and by Slash's answer it seems, even if relations are better than they've been in the past, it hasn't even been discussed as something vaguely serious for a number of reasons (he's busy with solo stuff, Axl still not talking to him, etc.) And I believe Slash there.

Yea I recall it just being a hunch on his part, guess I should've said I didn't believe it but this thread just reminded me of that one, my bad.

• Like 1

Hiatus in Axl's band always brings "reunion" speculation. I don't know why people are still holding their breath. It's something that has less chances of happening than a new album by the current band, which already has a chance of 0%.

• Like 1

I feel brain damaged for now getting excited about a reunion. It won't happen! But... what if it does?

Holy fuck

Hiatus in Axl's band always brings "reunion" speculation. I don't know why people are still holding their breath. It's something that has less chances of happening than a new album by the current band, which already has a chance of 0%.

You're right, but things are a bit different this go around

A. Member(s) have left NuGNR and are ALL busy with other things

B. Duff and Axl are pals again

C. Interesting interviews from Slash and Duff

D. Murmurs like the Eddie Trunk thing

E. None of the guys are terribly busy. Axl- Nothing, Slash- A bunch of scheduled dates that can wrap up by the Fall, Duff- Walking Papers, Steven and Matt- nothing, Izzy- nothing

Its probably all a pipe dream, but its fun to speculate

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 1

I feel brain damaged for now getting excited about a reunion. It won't happen! But... what if it does?

Holy fuck

You're right, but things are a bit different this go around

A. Member(s) have left NuGNR and are ALL busy with other things

B. Duff and Axl are pals again

C. Interesting interviews from Slash and Duff

D. Murmurs like the Eddie Trunk thing

E. None of the guys are terribly busy. Axl- Nothing, Slash- A bunch of scheduled dates that can wrap up by the Fall, Duff- Walking Papers, Steven and Matt- nothing, Izzy- nothing

Its probably all a pipe dream, but its fun to speculate

You may be on to something. Add F. Axl/TB hasn't responded with some scathing rebuttel. No- "Slash is better off dead" type quote again. Just silence. One can hope that the wheels are in motion behind the scenes. Highly doubtful (esp with the layers of BS it probably takes to get to Axl) but fun to think about.

Don't you guys get it by now? Axl would rather retire the name than let the old band reap the benefits of it again.

With no regard for his millions of fans. That's the sad part.

Axl never seems to consider his fans into his music equations.

It's still intriguing that Axl/TB hasn't commented. Normally he/they release some sort of scathing press release. But again- maybe he/they are just done with it all. Makes ya think- will we ever se Axl perform live again?