Does Axl read your posts here?

Hi Marc! Do you have any idea if Axl reads (or not) your post here? Canter Banter - Q+A subforum?

I think it would be great if he do, so he can better understand your side of the story.

Thanks!

Federico

Edited by feconroses

I'm not sure if he does or not. I know there was a time where he would check out shit on the internet that was about the band but now there are just too many outlets for that. There were things that I have said that I hoped got back to him in the past but in the end I don't think he sees things as I do.

The fact that he signed on here and started to go at it with a member means that he had to have been checking things out and finally got involved to have his say which I think is a good thing.

Also there are probably a few times that I got a little sarcastic about the way I felt that I was put on a self for putting on my book. Sometimes it is just frustrating the way everything went down and that it is still going on and I might start to vent a bit when ask certain questions about my relationship with Axl. It hurts inside that fact that he thinks that I'm enemy when all i'm doing is celebrating something that he was involved in that was also a big part of my life too. I wish my book would have got published when it was first done in 1994 then there would be no problems between us now.

I would bet that Beta or Fernando keeps an eye on things that I say because she is the one that thinks that I talk shit about Axl. They try to protect him from things that they think will make him upset. I think that is the reason so many things got deleted from HTGTH. I think it was Beta calling those shots not the guy who runs it and in exchange for the favors he was given backstage passes. This is just my guess. I could see him removing things where someone is talking shit about Axl or the new band but not things that are newswsworthy.

I know when Reckless Road first came out back in 2007 I was checking out this site and that one to help people with questions. I once posted that Duff was going to also be at the Guitar Center book signing with Slash and Steven and a lot of the cast from the book and that post got deleted. I would think there is no way Jarmo would delete that news on his own. My guess is Beta saw it and didn't want Axl to see it and asked to have it removed. Its not like anyone said something bad about Axl or the band.

I'm sure Duff has already cleared up some of the things that Axl thought Slash was lying about and now maybe Axl might be open to see that there could be some more things that were miscommunicated between them.

I also think that Axl has rationalized (whether he did it on his own or had some help) that I am only doing what I do to benefit myself and as much as I try to set the record straight, he has already made up his mind. Maybe someday he will beable to see it the way I do. I have said many times that if he got some good counseling, he would find out that a lot of the things he thinks are bad between him and Slash could get cleared up. I also think if he vented about me and what I do to a counselor that the counselor would be able to help him see things from my point of view just based of what his issues are with me without me even talking to the counselor.

In the end it sucks because the person I was most trying to impress with the book was Axl. The whole thing is very complicated.

Thanks you very much Marc, great insights.

Follow up question: why don't you just call him or email him or visit him?

When a friend of mine is really mad at me, I just reach out to him and try to solve things directly (not through other people).

I know Axl is Axl, but still...it can't be that hard to talk with him directly and work things out.

• Like 1

I know Axl is Axl, but still...it can't be that hard to talk with him directly and work things out.

Yes, it is hard to talk to Axl. He's not just a guy living around the corner. No one has access to him that easily, not even friends, much less friends with whom he has a distance now.

I'm not sure if he does or not. I know there was a time where he would check out shit on the internet that was about the band but now there are just too many outlets for that. There were things that I have said that I hoped got back to him in the past but in the end I don't think he sees things as I do.

The fact that he signed on here and started to go at it with a member means that he had to have been checking things out and finally got involved to have his say which I think is a good thing.

Also there are probably a few times that I got a little sarcastic about the way I felt that I was put on a self for putting on my book. Sometimes it is just frustrating the way everything went down and that it is still going on and I might start to vent a bit when ask certain questions about my relationship with Axl. It hurts inside that fact that he thinks that I'm enemy when all i'm doing is celebrating something that he was involved in that was also a big part of my life too. I wish my book would have got published when it was first done in 1994 then there would be no problems between us now.

I would bet that Beta or Fernando keeps an eye on things that I say because she is the one that thinks that I talk shit about Axl. They try to protect him from things that they think will make him upset. I think that is the reason so many things got deleted from HTGTH. I think it was Beta calling those shots not the guy who runs it and in exchange for the favors he was given backstage passes. This is just my guess. I could see him removing things where someone is talking shit about Axl or the new band but not things that are newswsworthy.

I know when Reckless Road first came out back in 2007 I was checking out this site and that one to help people with questions. I once posted that Duff was going to also be at the Guitar Center book signing with Slash and Steven and a lot of the cast from the book and that post got deleted. I would think there is no way Jarmo would delete that news on his own. My guess is Beta saw it and didn't want Axl to see it and asked to have it removed. Its not like anyone said something bad about Axl or the band.

I'm sure Duff has already cleared up some of the things that Axl thought Slash was lying about and now maybe Axl might be open to see that there could be some more things that were miscommunicated between them.

I also think that Axl has rationalized (whether he did it on his own or had some help) that I am only doing what I do to benefit myself and as much as I try to set the record straight, he has already made up his mind. Maybe someday he will beable to see it the way I do. I have said many times that if he got some good counseling, he would find out that a lot of the things he thinks are bad between him and Slash could get cleared up. I also think if he vented about me and what I do to a counselor that the counselor would be able to help him see things from my point of view just based of what his issues are with me without me even talking to the counselor.

In the end it sucks because the person I was most trying to impress with the book was Axl. The whole thing is very complicated.

When a friend of mine is really mad at me, I just reach out to him and try to solve things directly (not through other people).

The problem is Axl has other people taking care of his email, phone and the front door for the most part. The only thing Marc could is to go to Axl house and wait in his car until he sees Beta going out. Then Marc can ring the bell and see what happens. Or if Axl is going out then Marc can follow him. Just like they do it in the movies. I don´t see any other way

It's not sad.... It's the way it is with big celebs. They need a filter.

Axl has been stalked many times, assaulted on and offstage. People drive to his house and take pictures in the front gate. There was an idiot who stopped by to awfully play November Rain with a loud guitar....

if Axl had to handle all that by himself, he'd be dead right now.

The problem is some people who work with him take some attributions that are beyond their duties.

The problem is Axl has other people taking care of his email, phone and the front door for the most part.

that would be sad if it's true.

i hope he's not so isolated.

We all know what happend to Slash when he went to Axl´s house. Duff almost faced a similar situation back in 2010 when he was trying to talk to Axl in London. Look what Marc said TB are always protecting Axl so he won´t get upset. Axl is not a kid who needs protection!

I would bet that Beta or Fernando keeps an eye on things that I say because she is the one that thinks that I talk shit about Axl. They try to protect him from things that they think will make him upset. I think that is the reason so many things got deleted from HTGTH. I think it was Beta calling those shots not the guy who runs it and in exchange for the favors he was given backstage passes.

This is 100% true. Beta still has an account at HTGTH and she used to insult every single person who just wanted Axl to change the setlist for example. Terribly sad.

I also know that she tried to censor this forum and insulted prior mods and admins.

I have said many times that if he got some good counseling, he would find out that a lot of the things he thinks are bad between him and Slash could get cleared up.

Do you think Slash would be into all that? I mean, from my legit insider position where I have no access to any of them and never have, I feel like Slash would certainly be cool if Axl called him and said, "Hey, let's just put all the shit behind us and have a chat," but if Axl called him and said, "Hello, Slash. This is Axl. I've been doing intensive therapy, and I'm working through everything that went on between us. I don't want to say I'm over everything, but I want to have a conversation, and there are some specific things I want to talk about. I'm going to try to keep it together, but I can't promise anything. Can I drop by your house to talk between 3 and 7 in the morning sometime in the next few weeks? I can't say for sure which day. I'll just show up...."

How would Slash handle that? The impression I get is that, on a personal level, Slash is much more important to Axl than Axl is to Slash, so I wonder if Slash would be willing to put in the time and energy that Axl would need. Am I off base?

Edited by magisme

It's not sad.... It's the way it is with big celebs. They need a filter.

Axl has been stalked many times, assaulted on and offstage. People drive to his house and take pictures in the front gate. There was an idiot who stopped by to awfully play November Rain with a loud guitar....

if Axl had to handle all that by himself, he'd be dead right now.

The problem is some people who work with him take some attributions that are beyond their duties.

that would have made sense 25 years ago, but we're not in the nineties anymore... axl is pretty much irrelevant nowadays.

Axl is not ready to talk to me. As long as he thinks that All I want to do is hurt him, then he wouldn't want to talk to me even if he was alone. I hope one day things will change as far as how he thinks. Nothing has ever changed with me, I'm the same guy I was back when it all started.

The problem is he is not into any of the old stuff and knows that I am good at what I do and what I do is something that he no longer supports. If he ever lets go and excepts his past as a good thing, then I would make an attempt to fix things between us in person. Until then I'm like nightmare to him which really scuks.

I would bet that Beta or Fernando keeps an eye on things that I say because she is the one that thinks that I talk shit about Axl. They try to protect him from things that they think will make him upset. I think that is the reason so many things got deleted from HTGTH. I think it was Beta calling those shots not the guy who runs it and in exchange for the favors he was given backstage passes.

This is 100% true. Beta still has an account at HTGTH and she used to insult every single person who just wanted Axl to change the setlist for example. Terribly sad.

I also know that she tried to censor this forum and insulted prior mods and admins.

After all the shit went down with Axl and Slash, If Beta knew that Axl was going to call me or come over my house, Beta would call me first and say don't talk about Slash. However it was always Axl who wanted to talk to me about Slash because he knew that I knew Slash best and because of all the history between all of us, I was a good person for Axl to vent to. Beta just didn't understand thats what Axl wanted to do.

I have said many times that if he got some good counseling, he would find out that a lot of the things he thinks are bad between him and Slash could get cleared up.

Do you think Slash would be into all that? I mean, from my legit insider position where I have no access to any of them and never have, I feel like Slash would certainly be cool if Axl called him and said, "Hey, let's just put all the shit behind us and have a chat," but if Axl called him and said, "Hello, Slash. This is Axl. I've been doing intensive therapy, and I'm working through everything that went on between us. I don't want to say I'm over everything, but I want to have a conversation, and there are some specific things I want to talk about. I'm going to try to keep it together, but I can't promise anything. Can I drop by your house to talk between 3 and 7 in the morning sometime in the next few weeks? I can't say for sure which day. I'll just show up...."

How would Slash handle that? The impression I get is that, on a personal level, Slash is much more important to Axl than Axl is to Slash, so I wonder if Slash would be willing to put in the time and energy that Axl would need. Am I off base?

Sure Slash would do that if Axl wanted to go try and close the gap of problems that they have from the past. Slasah would never ask to do but would be open to work out their problems if asked to.

Sorry Marc, who told you Axl is not ready to talk to you? If Axl was ready to talk to Steven in Vegas and to Duff in London he is ready to talk to you, Slash, Erin Everly, Robert John and the whole world. I think it´s a matter of being in the right place at the right time.

We know that his entourage tried to stop Adler and Duff, Axl has shown in both cases that he is perfectly capable, no afraid, not angry and willing to spend hours talking to them. I don´t think it is different with you and Slash. I don´t think Axl need any special readiness class to talk to people from the past. He is very much into the past. Look at the set list, the new band always has played a lot of old songs. Izzy and Duff were guest. In the case of Duff, Axl didn´t think twice before call him to take back his role in the band when Tommy was not available. The Vegas shows and DVD were called Appetite For Democracy. Many of the pictures and videos posted by official GN´R FB and twitter are things from the past.

For sure there is no future for the new band. All the members are envolved in their solo projects and there is no new album on the horizon. All we have heard in recent times is reunion possibilities.

• Like 2

What did she say when people wanted Axl to change the setlist? Its sad she controls Axl, but well Axl is not a baby that he gets controlled by her, when Marc called her for the forum show, she was rude to him and started saying that he hurt Axl and all. Its pretty obvious that when Slash went to Axl's house, beta told those things to Axl that Slash said Duff is Spineless and Scott is a fraud and Axl has won the war against him. I do agree it was a wrong time for Slash to go, Beta thinks she is superior and the fans are a piece of shit who just come and give them money.

All we have heard in recent times is reunion possibilities.

Yeah, but you heard that from the fans, not from Axl ... lol

we heard it from slash and duff, not from the fans, moron.

For sure there is no future for the new band. All the members are envolved in their solo projects and there is no new album on the horizon. All we have heard in recent times is reunion possibilities.

exactly.

nugnr is over.

Edited by IZZYISGNR
  • Like 1

what nickname does she use on heretoday ?

Sure Slash would do that if Axl wanted to go try and close the gap of problems that they have from the past. Slasah would never ask to do but would be open to work out their problems if asked to.

So would you say that Slash significantly downplays how much he still cares about Axl? Would you agree that the vibe he tries to put across is that he's kind of over it?

Thanks for all the responses to everyone, Marc.

Axl is not ready to talk to me. As long as he thinks that All I want to do is hurt him, then he wouldn't want to talk to me even if he was alone. I hope one day things will change as far as how he thinks. Nothing has ever changed with me, I'm the same guy I was back when it all started.

The problem is he is not into any of the old stuff and knows that I am good at what I do and what I do is something that he no longer supports. If he ever lets go and excepts his past as a good thing, then I would make an attempt to fix things between us in person. Until then I'm like nightmare to him which really scuks.

Follow up question: eventually, over time, how would you know that Axl IS ready to talk with you? Do you still share good friends that would let you know when he is ready? Or this pretty much depends on Team Brazil or Axl calling you?

From a 'outsider' perspective is that, you (and everyone involved) treat Axl like he is made of crystal, very afraid to do the wrong move because it could break. Pretty much like Beta and Team Brazil has been treating him for the last 15+ years. But as Padme said, I don´t think Axl need any special readiness class to talk to people. Yes, he is more 'sensitive' that the average person, but he is also very smart and deep, and I think almost everyone likes to work things out and/or let things go (including sensitive and 'damaged' people), if approached correctly.

It somehow 'frustrates' me because clearly I don't understand how everyone handles the situation. From Axl, to Slash, Team Brazil, you etc. From a 100% outsider perspective, most of the things said or done seem kinda...childish?

I don't mean to be rude. Its just my two cents and my view as an completely outsider of the whole situation.

Again Mark, thanks again for replying to everyone, your thoughts and insights are really cool and interesting.

what nickname does she use on heretoday ?

As far as I know Beta. She used to post under her own name. But the last time I saw her post something there was 5 years ago or more. I haven´t check HTGTH in recent times except for pictures of the shows.

I know things are complicated, but my suggestion to Marc would be to just Call up Axl on his birthday to wish or on Christmas or New Years, I know Axl will talk to you normally and then you can sort out your differences, If you are expecting Axl to call you, then well that will never happen. If Duff and Axl had not met in London, Axl would have never called Duff

So well just pick up the phone, talk to Axl and I know he will talk normally too, I know TB has put a lot of shit in his mind, but don't be scared of TB

• Like 1

I've never liked Beta or Team Brazil but the more I read about these people the more they annoy me. How could Axl let this band and it's ventures be controlled by these amateurs is really beyond me. The baddest rock star on the planet singing happy birthday to his housekeeper that somehow climbed her way into GN'R management and a few thousand fans who paid to see Axl have to go along with it as if these people are in any way, shape or form relevant to what GN'R is about. And then these people bad mouth other people who've done nothing but stick up for Axl. Geez.

To think that Marc Canter, who helped Guns N' Roses in their formative years in any way he could, documented the whole fucking thing and was best friends with the band, 20 years later would have to call a former nanny of Stephanie Seymour to get a Guns N' Roses ticket? Disgraceful. I seriously don't understand what Axl is thinking. And this woman is going around bad mouthing Slash or Marc or whoever, thinking she's some kind of integral part in GN'R history. For fucks sake.

Edited by Sisyphus
  • Like 4