Has there been a more dead/uncertain period since 1996 than this?

The entire time from 1996 thru 2002 they were either fully working on the album or touring. Then from 2003-2005 there was basically nothing happening, then a flurry of activity since 2006 till last summer.

I would say, at this point in time, GUNS N' ROSES no longer is an active band, they are effectively dead.

Thoughts/comments?

The entire time from 1996 thru 2002 they were either fully working on the album or touring.

What?
Ig he means in 97 8 9 they were talking about making the album and people saying they were in studio new members coming in and such.

What we have here is failure to communicate.

Nu guns baring a miracle is on her last breaths, the industry is slowly, ruthlessly sucking the life out of her, until all that's left is a soulless monster.

Edited by Estranged Coma
  • Like 1

The entire time from 1996 thru 2002 they were either fully working on the album or touring.

What?

There was band activity that entire period. Am I wrong?

I think Axl was still trying to put a band together until late 98 - early 99.

I think Axl is much less certain of what he wants to do after Bumble left. He could rebuild, but what's the point. He's mid 50's now and things are just not as promising for Guns N Roses as they were 15 years ago.

I say go solo or go for the reunion. I think if Axl wants to create and perform then these are his best options. We are way past building a NuGNR

There has absolutely been a more dead time. 2002 - 2006 was a complete wasteland. All we had to go on was the occasional Tommy interview where he would say "Oh yeah, we're in the final stages of it," or something. It was especially bad because the tour got cancelled, Axl didn't speak to the press and Buckethead left. Now, at least, they've toured in the last year or so.

The biggest news in that four year gap was when Axl showed up at the strip club in Vegas and when he went to a Korn after-party.

If we can survive that, we can survive anything.

Edited by BangoSkank
  • Like 2

It's over. But don't think he wants to create new music with any of the current band mates and I don't think he wants to deal with another album release of the Chinese leftovers. I just don't know where he could possibly take it. For me personally I don't need to hear the unreleased music and I don't know think another tour will have much meaning to me.

GNR's had a history of putting new songs in movie soundtracks, so maybe that's where the next new song will show up.

The perfect next move would be releasing Oklahoma/Berlin on the new Clint Eastwood with Dicaprio and Jonah Hill in olympic bomb drama. Axl is friends with them.

• Like 2

Rock in Rio 11 was the funeral when it ought've been another birthing of an intriguing GNR era... we've done all the last 4 years but much better on the goddamn Chinese Democracy tours since 01... but Axl has a very difficult time approaching change and finishing things when they ought to be discarded and built upon.

• Like 2

Perhaps as in the earlier hiatuses we could at least delude ourselves into thinking he was 'making a masterpiece'. Now we know two things. First that Axl cannot make masterpieces without the old band - Chinese Democracy is proof of this. Secondly, he is not working on anything right now and is in fact completely lazy. So with this particular period of non-activity there is nothing to cling onto unlike the earlier hiatuses.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 2

Perhaps as in the earlier hiatuses we could at least delude ourselves into thinking he was 'making a masterpiece'. Now we know two things. First that Axl cannot make masterpieces without the old band - Chinese Democracy is proof of this. Secondly, he is not working on anything right now and is in fact completely lazy. So with this particular period of non-activity there is nothing to cling onto unlike the earlier hiatuses.

Maybe he cuts his hair?

He will come back again in 2016, they will do another Vegas Residency, more tours, I can't give you the guarantee of a new album, most prob Ron will also come back, he is enjoying his small tours playing in front of 50 to 100 people but that wont make his kitchen run

I don't think so the label rejected CD 2 in 2010, if they had done that then Axl would have gone haywire and would have said it in the media/social media