Has there been a more dead/uncertain period since 1996 than this?

At least in 1996 there wasn't a joke of a Twitter and Facebook account run by a joke of a management team consciously spitting on us hardcore fans.

Its great to go on Facebook and have them posting links to a video with the description " this lady gave a poor tramp money and you wont believe what happens next". Maybe the help shouldn't have access to the bands accounts, or maybe they should use them to inform the fans on band matters.

Oh who am I kidding

• Like 1

The only good thing is 2 albums are done.

Two albums that are dated and in all likelyhood will bomb.
They will sell 100-200k, I guess that's a bomb in comparison to the 90s.

They will have a retro 70s and 90s vibe probably.

But still 2 albums of material is good.

Edited by wasted

The only good thing is 2 albums are done.

Total BS.

A remix album and a bunch of songs.

The remix album seems really pointless, and thinking about releasing it eight years after CD is a total joke. Maybe for This I Love since it has new vocals, but I don't see the point of listening Street Fighter sounds with Shackler's Revenge or whatever.

Better Gone or Blood In The Water sound very awful and dated enough.

What is it? Is it GN'R?

Edited by Silent Jay

Well, then there's nothing positive at the moment.

If they put the remix out I'd buy it. Obviously CD II.

If they mixed up remixes and CD II tracks and released 2 albums simultaneously that's the best they could do. But the label wouldn't support that. They may only be half interested in CD II, a reunion is what they and maybe most GNR fans want.

I'd say that it's on par with 2002-06 but the thing is there was still some sort of momentum and the new songs and band were intriguing. The thing is it's blindingly obvious at this point that Axl's spent creatively and has zero interest in doing anything new. Even this mythical follow up record if it ever comes out will no doubt feature songs from over a decade ago. Which is why oddly I'm not too fussed about the lack of activity as it seems if anything does get announced it'll probably be more tour dates of the same old show. I wouldn't be surprised if Axl just comes out now and again to do the odd Vegas residency. The fact that the most exciting thing that's happened in the last couple of years was Duff rejoining for a few shows says it all really. Sorry to sound so negative but I can't really see Axl ever gaining the momentum of 2006 or even 09/10. With no new music on the horizon and a guitar player down it's pretty bleak. I saw Tommy live with The Replacements last night and he seemed so much more into it and laid back than with GN'R the last couple of years. Personally I'd rather he do that full time to be honest. As an aside Josh Freese is drumming for the 'Mats now and god that guy's incredible. Imagine if he'd stuck around in Guns.

I agree that really a reunion is the only option to get the public interested in GN'R but obviously that'll never happen. For one, Slash seems really happy with his solo band and seems to just getting more and more successful. In other words, he doesn't need it.

Edited by BassistSeb
  • Like 1

There has absolutely been a more dead time. 2002 - 2006 was a complete wasteland. All we had to go on was the occasional Tommy interview where he would say "Oh yeah, we're in the final stages of it," or something. It was especially bad because the tour got cancelled, Axl didn't speak to the press and Buckethead left. Now, at least, they've toured in the last year or so.

The biggest news in that four year gap was when Axl showed up at the strip club in Vegas and when he went to a Korn after-party.

If we can survive that, we can survive anything.

Iwas not even a fan till 2004 so if that was the case, i guess 2002-2006 was worse

I just can't see there ever being another album, any "new" music coming out.

Its reunion or bust at this point.

How canyou see a reunion and not a new album

At this point there's almost an equal chance to see them reuniting or releasing a new record

He will come back again in 2016, they will do another Vegas Residency, more tours, I can't give you the guarantee of a new album, most prob Ron will also come back, he is enjoying his small tours playing in front of 50 to 100 people but that wont make his kitchen run

I don't think so the label rejected CD 2 in 2010, if they had done that then Axl would have gone haywire and would have said it in the media/social media

Actually he made a tweet after Reading that the whole tour was cancelled... (but later on he deleted the post) Probably TB convince him to carry on

Rock in Rio 11 was the funeral when it ought've been another birthing of an intriguing GNR era... we've done all the last 4 years but much better on the goddamn Chinese Democracy tours since 01... but Axl has a very difficult time approaching change and finishing things when they ought to be discarded and built upon.

That Rio observation is spot on. That's the moment any notion of forward progress stopped and the era of the sloppy half-assed cashgrab tour became painfully evident.

Well as quite as it all is I can say that we had worse before. At least these days we can still see them posting on social media etc. That may not feel like much but it is something.

Yeah, by the way, have you seen 15 face tattoos that will make you facepalm? Hilarious! Its on GNR's facebook in case you were wondering along with many other stupid clickbait articles!

I saw Tommy live with The Replacements last night and he seemed so much more into it and laid back than with GN'R the last couple of years. Personally I'd rather he do that full time to be honest. As an aside Josh Freese is drumming for the 'Mats now and god that guy's incredible. Imagine if he'd stuck around in Guns.

London? I've heard The Replacements are going on an hiatus for a year or two.

He will come back again in 2016, they will do another Vegas Residency, more tours, I can't give you the guarantee of a new album, most prob Ron will also come back, he is enjoying his small tours playing in front of 50 to 100 people but that wont make his kitchen run

I don't think so the label rejected CD 2 in 2010, if they had done that then Axl would have gone haywire and would have said it in the media/social media

Actually he made a tweet after Reading that the whole tour was cancelled... (but later on he deleted the post) Probably TB convince him to carry on

Well it's getting obvious now, Axl wanted a new album to support Reading and the tour right? But the label rejected it, and Axl's blood boiled.

I saw Tommy live with The Replacements last night and he seemed so much more into it and laid back than with GN'R the last couple of years. Personally I'd rather he do that full time to be honest. As an aside Josh Freese is drumming for the 'Mats now and god that guy's incredible. Imagine if he'd stuck around in Guns.

London? I've heard The Replacements are going on an hiatus for a year or two.

Well it's getting obvious now, Axl wanted a new album to support Reading and the tour right? But the label rejected it, and Axl's blood boiled.

Yeah, they played The Roundhouse last night, they're doing it again tonight. Didn't know they were going on hiatus.

Dead period? Yes. Uncertain? Probably this is the most uncertain period of the band. I mean, Axl is old now, his employees all seem more interested in their own bands. There aren't interviews with producers or members, there is no album title. Social media is pathetic, even GNR Online had more relevant info.

I'd say GNR is dead and Axl is retired. There's no new album. The label isn't interested in dealing with people like Axl or beta whose demands must be completely out of reality.

In darker periods people still had hope. Not the case anymore. People got tired, frustrated and uninterested. I can name a few fans whose reaction to a new album would be "whatever" and I'm talking about Brazilian die hard fans. Unbelievable.

From previous hiatus periods at least there was the mystique of an album cooking in the oven (which got burned) but now there's not even the slightest rumour of a whatever album in the making.

I think that FB status from yesterday was a goodbye.

• Like 1

It has been so limp, his comeback. Yes CD flopped but jesus, does he lack that much confidence in his material and his art to stick it in the vault and turn into a lazy Vegas act instead? Could you ever imagine the Axl of 1991 or even 2001 acting like this? He has just given up.

From previous hiatus periods at least there was the mystique of an album cooking in the oven (which got burned) but now there's not even the slightest rumour of a whatever album in the making.

I think that FB status from yesterday was a goodbye.

Wow. I don't follow them on Twitter, so I'd say I was a little taken back when I saw this:

"Don't you take it so hard now

And please don't take it so bad

I'll still be thinkin' of you

And the times we had... baby(ies)"

That is a goodbye if I ever heard one. Edited by arnold layne
  • Like 2