Has there been a more dead/uncertain period since 1996 than this?

I've heard Axl's been in the studio since before Christmas. I'm thinking either fall release or some time in 2016.

What kind of pills are you on?

meb0r.jpg

Wkuk is just trying to remain positive, even if there's no reason to and no source for his claim of Axl being in the studio. Axl is very lucky to have fans like wkuk.

Yeah...I'm just going off what Fortus said at end of last year.

• Like 1

From previous hiatus periods at least there was the mystique of an album cooking in the oven (which got burned) but now there's not even the slightest rumour of a whatever album in the making.

I think that FB status from yesterday was a goodbye.

Wow. I don't follow them on Twitter, so I'd say I was a little taken back when I saw this:

"Don't you take it so hard now

And please don't take it so bad

I'll still be thinkin' of you

And the times we had... baby(ies)"

That is a goodbye if I ever heard one.

Or maybe 'don't cry' lyrics......don't read too much into a lyric

What would you have said if it was 'why don't you just fuck off' from ISE ???

That's an ending too isn't it ??

I think the major difference between now and the previous inactive years is a couple of things.

Between 96 & 01, there was still a feeling that Axl/GN'R would come out of nowhere at any time. Then again during 03-05, people at least had some sort of idea where Axl was heading due to the action in 01 & 02. Even though the 02 tour was canceled, it at least gave some people the feeling that this was really a band. Not to mention the fact that they were still being managed by people with actual experience in the industry.

I think the way things ended during this last go 'round, people just don't have much hope for the future. There's nothing to indicate that there's a bright future for any version of GN'R which is what makes it seem like such a shitty time to endure.

• Like 1

From previous hiatus periods at least there was the mystique of an album cooking in the oven (which got burned) but now there's not even the slightest rumour of a whatever album in the making.

Wow. I don't follow them on Twitter, so I'd say I was a little taken back when I saw this:

But it was in response to reunion talk?

Says who?

i was just watching this video. The intro and last minute (3:54 on) give me goosebumps. So much energy, the crowd is in it just as much as Axl. Such a cool moment, we won't get anything like this when Axl returns from this hiatus.

I would say that will be the difference between this break and the 96-01 break. We had excitement back then. Now we truly have nothing. Maybe we will get something later on, but everything seems lost now.

No, it was in response to all die hard fans. The exact quote was:

PSA for all the die hards...

So goodbye to us.

i was just watching this video. The intro and last minute (3:54 on) give me goosebumps. So much energy, the crowd is in it just as much as Axl. Such a cool moment, we won't get anything like this when Axl returns from this hiatus.

I would say that will be the difference between this break and the 96-01 break. We had excitement back then. Now we truly have nothing. Maybe we will get something later on, but everything seems lost now.

Axl was poised to take over the world again. I thought, wow, finally Axl is back and better than ever! He looked so awesome then and had amazing stage presence and voice. What the hell happened? I wonder why he decided to give up on and stop caring about everything...on music and on his health and look. Just absolute self-destruction for no reason at all when he had all the potential in the world.

No, it was in response to all die hard fans. The exact quote was:

PSA for all the die hards...

So goodbye to us.

So they prefer the more easy going fans?

Says who?
Isn't it die hards that want a reunion?

So this is meant to be a big fuck you to all long time GNR fans?

Seems like the perfect way to end this band.

Says who?

Idk, i see alot of die hards who want CD2, or just to know if somethings being worked on. Or to know the official status of BBF. Or with the band in general. Just a simple update from Axl about what his plans are for the future.

Says who?

Idk, i see alot of die hards who want CD2, or just to know if somethings being worked on. Or to know the official status of BBF. Or with the band in general. Just a simple update from Axl about what his plans are for the future.

There's like Die Hards and Die Harders. But yeah that's just about everyone.

Is there any GNR fans that aren't dying?

• Like 1

I don't understand why some people complain so much about GN'R's current status.

This is exactly what some of them have been wishing for the last 20 years: the end of "nu"GN'R.

In the other hand, the most enthusiasts of the "nu"GN'R are the ones who seems less worried about what's happening ...

Shouldn't it be the opposite?

GN'R is really a strange world :lol:

I don't understand why some people complain so much about GN'R's current status.

This is exactly what some of them have been wishing for the last 20 years: the end of "nu"GN'R.

In the other hand, the most enthusiasts of the "nu"GN'R are the ones who seems less worried about what's happening ...

Shouldn't it be the opposite?

GN'R is really a strange world :lol:

I do not agree. While there are some who certainly want 'nugnr' to just die and basically fuck off, the biggest complaint here against W. Axl Rose is that he does not release music (under any moniker). That is the one reoccurring trend, the one item which seems to unite many people of differing persuasions, that Axl does not release music.

• Like 3