Has there been a more dead/uncertain period since 1996 than this?

I don't think that a random lyric is a goodbye, since the fb page run by totally retarded brazilians, who can't speak english properly, this is just a random shit post from them

People take things too seriously...

Axl needs money, therefore the cash grab will continue

I don't understand why some people complain so much about GN'R's current status.

This is exactly what some of them have been wishing for the last 20 years: the end of "nu"GN'R.

In the other hand, the most enthusiasts of the "nu"GN'R are the ones who seems less worried about what's happening ...

Shouldn't it be the opposite?

GN'R is really a strange world :lol:

I do not agree. While there are some who certainly want 'nugnr' to just die and basically fuck off, the biggest complaint here against W. Axl Rose is that he does not release music (under any moniker). That is the one reoccurring trend, the one item which seems to unite many people of differing persuasions, that Axl does not release music.

Fair enough.

That's why I said "some" of them ...

The entire time from 1996 thru 2002 they were either fully working on the album or touring. Then from 2003-2005 there was basically nothing happening, then a flurry of activity since 2006 till last summer.

I would say, at this point in time, GUNS N' ROSES no longer is an active band, they are effectively dead.

Thoughts/comments?

bovine-excrement-meter-animation.gif

Or maybe 'don't cry' lyrics......don't read too much into a lyric

What would you have said if it was 'why don't you just fuck off' from ISE ???

That's an ending too isn't it ??

It wasn't just a verse of some lyrics... it was headed with a "PSA to all the die-hards"

Today they posted a new suspicious message with Nov Rain lyrics.

What else do we need to get the point?

It's 2015 and people are still expecting and anticipating an album of new material from GnR? :facepalm:

ChiDem demos and remixes is all that can be hoped for at this point, maybe an official bootleg release or two down the line

I do not agree. While there are some who certainly want 'nugnr' to just die and basically fuck off, the biggest complaint here against W. Axl Rose is that he does not release music (under any moniker). That is the one reoccurring trend, the one item which seems to unite many people of differing persuasions, that Axl does not release music.

Yep.

The entire time from 1996 thru 2002 they were either fully working on the album or touring. Then from 2003-2005 there was basically nothing happening, then a flurry of activity since 2006 till last summer.

I would say, at this point in time, GUNS N' ROSES no longer is an active band, they are effectively dead.

Thoughts/comments?

bovine-excrement-meter-animation.gif

:rofl-lol:

• Like 1

It's over. Done, finished. If something was gonna happen with all the other "supposedly" finished CD Era music, it would have happened by now. It makes absolutely no sense to wait and hope people become starved for GNR music again. That entire argument is just stupid. GNR fans have been starved for new music forever.

When you count all the years since CD songs have been played live and up to its actual release it's like it was never new music to begin with. Sure a few songs were never heard, and it was great to hear the studio versions and actually hold a physical copy in our hands. But alot of time has passed. There are bands out there that have formed, released 2 or 3 records, broke up and formed other bands that have released new records in the time since CD was officially released.

I really think the only way we ever hear songs like The General or Atlas Shrugged is if someone just leaks them. Otherwise no one is gonna hear these songs. Axl is done. And its unfortunate IMO.

• Like 1

I don't think that a random lyric is a goodbye, since the fb page run by totally retarded brazilians, who can't speak english properly, this is just a random shit post from them

People take things too seriously...

Axl needs money, therefore the cash grab will continue

Why do you think Axl needs money?? The guy's got over 150 fucking million dollars man... He doesn't need no more fucking money bud...

I honestly believe Axl's incarnation of the band is finished. It's over. You can't carry on for years with a fake version of the band and then lose half your fanbase and then take this kind of time off with absolutely no sign of anything to come and then suddenly decide to come back with the same old fake band. Nobody wants it. It's over. Ship has sailed, run it's course,, finished. The only way GnR carries on now is via reunion.

That's my opinion.

• Like 1

There has absolutely been a more dead time. 2002 - 2006 was a complete wasteland. All we had to go on was the occasional Tommy interview where he would say "Oh yeah, we're in the final stages of it," or something. It was especially bad because the tour got cancelled, Axl didn't speak to the press and Buckethead left. Now, at least, they've toured in the last year or so.

The biggest news in that four year gap was when Axl showed up at the strip club in Vegas and when he went to a Korn after-party.

If we can survive that, we can survive anything.

Back then, there was zero online presence. The website sat untouched for years, there was no twitter or social media interaction and no way for anyone to reach out to people within the band (besides madison's connection with Merck). It was very much like following a band that didn't exist at all anymore.

We had no idea what Axl even looked like, much less how he sounded or what he was doing. He was practically a myth by 2005. The excitement when 2006 rolled around was palpable because it all happened so suddenly - silence for years, then all of a sudden, think start leaking, here's Axl at some Korn album launch and we're seeing him for the first time in years... then the shows in New York came, he could fucking sing and enough momentum was built up to finally release the album.

From 2003-2005 there was always stuff to talk about in terms of album theories, whether Axl could come back after years and see his detractors off.... but in terms of silence from the band (in every capacity) it was way worse.

The issue now is that while we know that Axl and the band exist - in terms of a website, axl/band twitter pages, paradisecity, axl's spontaneous commentary on current issues - none of it relates to the production of new music. I think we can expect at least another residency or two, but there seems to be less optimism about a follow-up album now than ever before.

I still believe another album (of CD-era material) will eventually see the light of day, but I fully expect that the vocals will be from the same era as those that found their way onto Chinese Democracy (from the late 90's). Merck mentioned that Axl's "muse" may have left the building at some point... I just wonder if years of unfinished tracks have burned him to the point where nothing seems worth starting over anymore.

• Like 1

Ship has sailed

Ship has sailed big time.

ship sailed

has sailed

The ship has sailed

The ship has sailed

the ship had sailed.

You must lead a very exciting life. The truth is THE SHIP HAS SAILED on this clown show. That's more than obvious.

• Like 2

I think it is probably over in any meaningful sense, i.e. new music, fine voice. Axl will probably resurrect the band at some point in the future in order to continue the Vegas thing. That is the way it is now. Something changed in Axl around 2011 and he changed the direction of the band. I suppose you like it or lump it.

It seems hard to tour without a new record, it helps drum up some interest even if you just end up playing the hits. But they've done it before.

They have a record and Axl can tour as long as Alice Cooper if he wants. So it's like why not?

Edited by wasted

I think though when you talk about time and years past in relation to GNR it doesn't mean as much. A known band can always come back.

Because its Axl or GNR it would garner attention. Maybe the same it's been 12 years since your last record. The media love it. They like bitching about it too, but then are all over it for a month when it happens.

But to me it's very likely the label knows or thinks they can out wait Axl for a reunion.

Axl seems to want to put out CD II and Remix.

I think though when you talk about time and years past in relation to GNR it doesn't mean as much. A known band can always come back.

Because its Axl or GNR it would garner attention. Maybe the same it's been 12 years since your last record. The media love it. They like bitching about it too, but then are all over it for a month when it happens.

But to me it's very likely the label knows or thinks they can out wait Axl for a reunion.

True, most of the forum think reunion is imminent, I'm sure the label even more so notices the possibility and are licking there chops

Fans want reunion, old band wants reunion, label wants reunion, Axl wants to live in a zoo.

Edited by Estranged Coma

True, most of the forum think reunion is imminent, I'm sure the label even more so notices the possibility and are licking there chops

Fans want reunion, old band wants reunion, label wants reunion, Axl wants to live in a zoo.

Malibu we have a problem.