Mike Patton once defecated in Axl Rose’s orange juice

RnT

I love FNM's music to death, but everyone except for Jim Martin (and maybe Bordin) always seemed like such twats. At least back then.

I think it partly had to do with a sort of hipster, "look at how weird we are!" thing they had. Like five minutes after The Real Thing got big, they started slagging it. FFS, it's a good album.

In Patton's case specifically, I think his fuckhead behavior also stems from him (and his musical tastes) just being genuinely odd. All that like, bird chirping mimicry Fantomas bullshit he does. It's completely devoid of the components of actual music. There's maybe a dozen other weirdos out there who share whatever brain anomaly he has, that actually like it.

So maybe when he listens to GNR, it sounds to him like what Fantomas sounds like to everyone else? For real, I think that's part of it.

• Like 1

I'm not gonna jump on the bandwagon with the "never liked faith no more etc" comments but I will say that if true, it's a terrible thing to do to the singer of a band to take your band out on the road and giving you exposure to people who might never have heard your music otherwise.

Although, I do find this bit questionable: “[Mike] Patton once pissed all over Axl Rose’s cue cards while Guns N’ Roses were onstage and Axl was using them to shout his way through ‘Sweet Child ‘O Mine’."

Axl used monitors, not cue cards (who has someone stand there with cue cards during a live show?). Did Patton run out on stage, unzip his pants and piss all over the monitor while the band was playing? Even IF someone was sitting there with cue cards, did Patton run out, tell the guy holding the cue cards to hold still while he peed on them?

And would he really need cue cards or monitors for sweet child? It's not exactly a difficult song to remember most people could do it after 4 or 5 attempts and Axl had been singing it for about 4 years by then. This part seems like the journalist made it up to use the bands most well known song for the story.

Impotent rage on mike's part. He could shit wherever he wants, but his band would still be second billing to the guy he hates and thinks he's punking. Ultimately the joke's on him, and he knows it.

If you're gonna spend the whole tour disgusted with yourself for taking the money - then just don't take the money. You'll sleep way better.

I think you are confusing him for someone who actually cares about being successful.

I mean, dude regularly goes out of his way to record and release stuff like this :

REALLY doubt he is the type who hates himself for not topping the charts...
  • Like 1

No, this is my proof he probably clearly wasn't heartbroken that he wasn't the headliner on those tours.

Actually, Patton has a history of deliberately sabotaging any exposure he gets by doing some dumb thing to amuse himself.

And he doesn't "revert to weird". It's the other way around, he reverts to "normal" every once in a while, probably when he needs the money to continue to do "weird" 24/7.

• Like 1

Firstly it wasn't Patton's band. He was just a kid who never even drank much before going on the Real Thing tour. So he was kind of the brat in the band. And they were forced to tour way past breaking point. But Patton didn't take his band on tour and piss on Axl's monitor. He was kind of semi forced to go on the tour. Jim really respected Slash asa guitar player, Gould was ambitious and driven. Patton was just there to get everything out on stage.

So when he got famous he rejected it like Cobain did in a way with sarcasm. And sending up the rock star thing, which Axl was kind of born to play. Patton just wasn't having any of that.

He attacked it by pushing Jim over for his solo or never explaining his lyrics in any meaningful way. So interviews were very difficult as the questions were calling for certain answers. I guess the questions about tour stories were strange when all do is pack hair dryers full of shit in hotel rooms and do interviews eating raw mince meat with his nipples attached to electric shock machine.

I'm not sure he even wrote the lyrics on RT? He did more on AD and may have written more music. The Shit Terrorist was kind of like Bono's Fly. Which is funny because Bono copied a lot of Patton's move around that time.

Patton came out a few times criticising the dinosaur bands so pouring urine on his head on Axl's monitor was just make sure nobody thought they were a hair band. I think in actual fact the South American fans were raining down bottles of piss because he had made fun of Axl in the media. I think he was saying Axl was going bald and was very sensitive about it and kind of withdrew the piss about Axl liking Midlife Crisis. The classic FNM in joke is that all the songs are about masturbation. I think obviously Parton is lampooning 30 something's going through a midlife crisis, it's not a self help book. I guess he's jerking off to In Bed with Madonna laughing at how hard they are trying. It's not a song you have a deep spiritual connection with that means a lot to you. But yeah way to be an asshole!

Also another is that FNM were a band of individuals or even enemies. Patton hated Big Jim's redneck philosophy and metal solos. After Jim left you get some weird post rock solos like Last to Know is almost a whole genre of solo. I think Puffy was pretty sober while the rest were a mess so he was the band's outcast. Roddy slipped into heroin. Gould was maybe solid but had a singer who was going a bit crazy. Still the band on the Angel Dust tour were never on autopilot.

He also doesn't like the timeless thing. He says it just sounds like nothing, not timeless. And that most people listen to music like its a disease. Like the same virus over and over. And he likes stuff that is different. That's what he looks for. Their musical tastes seemed very eclectic, like techno to lounge music to rap. They weren't 70s fixated LA glam band. Patton still steps out to complain about 70s revival bands. I see what he means but I like a lot of those bands. It is kind of stupid though its 2015 and you dress like its 1971. Just basically to sell records to guys who read Kerrang under the sheets with a flashlight.

But he has said that the Shit Terrorist phase was a defense mechanism, and that having a substance habit, fame and his particular view point tied him in knots. A bit like Kurt it was played out in public.

• Like 2

BTW ... Mike always was an idiot ... If you see the Dead Horse video, you'll see Axl falling on stage ... Mike was the responsible for that .

Explain this, please..

I assume that Patton took a piss or a dump on stage and Axl slipped cause of it? lol

BTW ... Mike always was an idiot ... If you see the Dead Horse video, you'll see Axl falling on stage ... Mike was the responsible for that .

Explain this, please..

FNM opened for GN'R here in Portugal in 1992 ... Mike asked the public to throw bottles and other stuff on stage when GN'R started their show...

Axl slipped on one of those bottles/liquid when he was running around and he falled on stage. The images of Axl falling are in the Dead Horse Video (https://youtu.be/u8X76NRiQLQ?t=2m)

He sang 3 or 4 songs on the floor and then he left. When he came back he rant ... and he also rant when some morons were litterally burning the place. GN'R classified that show as the weirdest one of that tour.The guy almost killed himself when he falled, he asked people to stop burning the place, but in the next day some news papers had on their first page Axl with a pink lace on his head and the "Pussy" word in highlights.
So... nothing new ...

No, this is my proof he probably clearly wasn't heartbroken that he wasn't the headliner on those tours.

Actually, Patton has a history of deliberately sabotaging any exposure he gets by doing some dumb thing to amuse himself.

And he doesn't "revert to weird". It's the other way around, he reverts to "normal" every once in a while, probably when he needs the money to continue to do "weird" 24/7.

so, this means that he is a nobody basically and should be erradicated from the music industry

I have no idea who Mke Patton is.

Lead singer of Faith No More.

I'm not sure I ever heard a song of that band.

Confirmed. Never heard of them.

Thanks for the link.

Try "Epic" instead.

Tried. Never heard of them. Also, that's gotta be their worst song, right?