Has Axl been spotted publicly since Vegas?

In the 80s and early 90s his natural hair was completely straight and thin. The thick mane he had at Rio and the New Year's shows was clearly a weave. See: Michael Jackson, Beyonce, Rihanna, GaGa etc etc etc

The braids may or may not have been to disguise the reported botched hair transplant he was rumored to have had until his scalp recovered enough to try again.

The thick wavy hair he's had on top since 2009 looks like a transplant, but not a regular-Joe transplant that we'd have where they take follicles from the back of your head and transplant them to the top: it's more likely he's paid a lot of money to have someone else's follicles transplanted onto his head, hence the natural waves and thickness which he never had in his 20s, nevermind his 50s.

Does it matter? Should anyone care?

I only care that he's physically let himself go since 2011 when previously he was very image conscious. When he came back in 2006 and 2009 he had obviously worked hard to present himself both in terms of appearance and performance as close to his heyday as he could and he was fucking awesome. That he seems to have 'let himself go' since 2011 and can't be arsed anymore is just sad. In 2010 he rocked the bandana and didn't give a fuck when his sweaty strands stuck to his neck. From 2011 he had The Disguise and constantly blow-dried his wispy bits at the back throughout shows to make it appear fuller.

His hair wasn't all that thick at Rio:

k_YLJzr_o_KCg.jpg

looked roughly the same as now:

download_1.jpg

which is much less full than in 1993:

Axl_axl_rose_13051924_500_326.jpg

En5RYf2.jpg

Axl1.jpg

Also something to consider is that Axl wore cornrows for at least five years, from at least 2002 to 2007.
I have been told by hair dresser friends that when you get rid of cornrows, you have to shave your head and basically restart growing your hair all over again, and that wearing them can damage your hair follicles greatly.
So, Axl got rid of them sometime after 2007. He re-emerged in late 2009 with chin length hair, which is about how long one's hair would be if they had grown it out from a bald head for a year and a half, and his hair looked clearly damaged.

i don't see why it can't be as simple as that: He decided braids looked cool in 2002, kept them for 5 years, damaged his hair, and regrew it and it took some time to recover, rather than "Axl had someone else's hair sown into his head". That doesn't even make any logical sense and shows a very limited knowledge of hair transplants and the like.

In the 80s and early 90s his natural hair was completely straight and thin. The thick mane he had at Rio and the New Year's shows was clearly a weave. See: Michael Jackson, Beyonce, Rihanna, GaGa etc etc etc The braids may or may not have been to disguise the reported botched hair transplant he was rumored to have had until his scalp recovered enough to try again. The thick wavy hair he's had on top since 2009 looks like a transplant, but not a regular-Joe transplant that we'd have where they take follicles from the back of your head and transplant them to the top: it's more likely he's paid a lot of money to have someone else's follicles transplanted onto his head, hence the natural waves and thickness which he never had in his 20s, nevermind his 50s. Does it matter? Should anyone care? I only care that he's physically let himself go since 2011 when previously he was very image conscious. When he came back in 2006 and 2009 he had obviously worked hard to present himself both in terms of appearance and performance as close to his heyday as he could and he was fucking awesome. That he seems to have 'let himself go' since 2011 and can't be arsed anymore is just sad. In 2010 he rocked the bandana and didn't give a fuck when his sweaty strands stuck to his neck. From 2011 he had The Disguise and constantly blow-dried his wispy bits at the back throughout shows to make it appear fuller.

Michael Jackson's wig on the This Is It rehearsals was a fucking masterpiece. Guy looked pretty much the same as he did in 1995.

I had a friend, she was in love with Axl's hair, but she dint know how Axl looks now, so I showed her a pic of Axl and she was shocked that wtf has happened to Axl.

Im just getting a feeling that are you the little Robot person?

I simply have an odd sense of humor. Luckily I usually delete what I write before I click the happy little Post button. Sometimes, like in this thread, I click the button before I hit delete.

But in all seriousness- he had some shiny, ultra healthy looking hair back in the day. All the hair talk that comes up made me notice it when I was looking up interviews.

WTF happened to my thread?

All i wanted to know was had Axl been sighted this year lol

A simple "No" would be boring!

(I did have a rambly unserious paragraph relating the lack of Axl sightings to the inability for posters to stay on topic, but deleted it. You are welcome!)

Edited by sanity_lost

In the 80s and early 90s his natural hair was completely straight and thin. The thick mane he had at Rio and the New Year's shows was clearly a weave. See: Michael Jackson, Beyonce, Rihanna, GaGa etc etc etc

The braids may or may not have been to disguise the reported botched hair transplant he was rumored to have had until his scalp recovered enough to try again.

The thick wavy hair he's had on top since 2009 looks like a transplant, but not a regular-Joe transplant that we'd have where they take follicles from the back of your head and transplant them to the top: it's more likely he's paid a lot of money to have someone else's follicles transplanted onto his head, hence the natural waves and thickness which he never had in his 20s, nevermind his 50s.

Does it matter? Should anyone care?

I only care that he's physically let himself go since 2011 when previously he was very image conscious. When he came back in 2006 and 2009 he had obviously worked hard to present himself both in terms of appearance and performance as close to his heyday as he could and he was fucking awesome. That he seems to have 'let himself go' since 2011 and can't be arsed anymore is just sad. In 2010 he rocked the bandana and didn't give a fuck when his sweaty strands stuck to his neck. From 2011 he had The Disguise and constantly blow-dried his wispy bits at the back throughout shows to make it appear fuller.

His hair wasn't all that thick at Rio:

Dude, c'mon. That isn't anything even remotely close to his hair:

maxresdefault.jpg

As for the recent pics, especially 2011 onwards as opposed to 09-10, that big super-curly bunch that always hangs over the right side just looks so out of place. Whether it's his own hair transplanted or someone else's it sticks out like a sore thumb. And whenever he occasionally has the hat of and does anything to it he's really cautious and gentle with it.

In the 80s and early 90s his natural hair was completely straight and thin. The thick mane he had at Rio and the New Year's shows was clearly a weave. See: Michael Jackson, Beyonce, Rihanna, GaGa etc etc etc The braids may or may not have been to disguise the reported botched hair transplant he was rumored to have had until his scalp recovered enough to try again. The thick wavy hair he's had on top since 2009 looks like a transplant, but not a regular-Joe transplant that we'd have where they take follicles from the back of your head and transplant them to the top: it's more likely he's paid a lot of money to have someone else's follicles transplanted onto his head, hence the natural waves and thickness which he never had in his 20s, nevermind his 50s. Does it matter? Should anyone care? I only care that he's physically let himself go since 2011 when previously he was very image conscious. When he came back in 2006 and 2009 he had obviously worked hard to present himself both in terms of appearance and performance as close to his heyday as he could and he was fucking awesome. That he seems to have 'let himself go' since 2011 and can't be arsed anymore is just sad. In 2010 he rocked the bandana and didn't give a fuck when his sweaty strands stuck to his neck. From 2011 he had The Disguise and constantly blow-dried his wispy bits at the back throughout shows to make it appear fuller.

Michael Jackson's wig on the This Is It rehearsals was a fucking masterpiece. Guy looked pretty much the same as he did in 1995.

I know, it was amazing. I hated those horrible weaves he wore for the previous ten years. But then for This Is It he managed to make himself look like Live MJ again, almost no different to the 1999 shows, including his face.

No more hair stuff please, as the OP pointed out this is a sightings thread. I realise there are no sightings to discuss but folicle musings in no way make up for this. Any more and I will lock the thread.

• Like 3

I said "this forum doesn't need another hairline discussion" and.. uhh.. well here we are. Several, no, MANY pages later.

That's because Dr. Who is a known t.roll. I mean he can't be posting this stuff with a serious face can he? Shouldn't we call a mental hospital ASAP if that's the case? I won't mention the long ass PM he sent me some weeks ago...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

That's because Dr. Who is a known t.roll. I mean he can't be posting this stuff with a serious face can he? Shouldn't we call a mental hospital ASAP if that's the case? I won't mention the long ass PM he sent me some weeks ago...

Really? I got one of those as well.

Really? I got one of those as well.

Yeah, couldn't make a thread and I was just trying to see what people who are generally negative toward Axl thought of my ideas.