HTGTH

jacdaniel

Hi Marc

I saw you mention the HTGTH forum in an answer to a separate topic and just wanted your thoughts on that forum?

Jarmo seems to have destroyed the site by not allowing anybody to talk about the old band, Slash or even be critical about anything related to Nu Guns.

If people wonder about new music, Jarmo quickly reminds them that Axl owes them nothing.

Posts and threads related to the old band are quickly deleted.

Its kind of sad that a Guns forum that once had a lot of active posters has now become Jarmo and 2 or 3 other posters having the same tired arguments everyday and scaring new posters away.

Does he really dedicate half his life to moderating or posting the same stuff everyday just to get a few concert tickets?

not allowing anybody to talk about the old band, Slash or even be critical about anything related to Nu Guns.

I've been there recently and this isn't true.

Do you prefer this site or that site? Im most prob. asking the wrong person, but is Jarmo's thinking about the old band correct? I know people can talk about Slash and all, but he does gets pissed off when someone says anything about Axl's band or why he is not releasing music. If you operate a forum, then you should be equal to everyone and not be biased towards the fans of Axl or Slash or Duff etc etc

I'm not a member there, but what exactly is the point of this thread? Talking shit about other forums (again)?

If you don't like it there, come here istead. No matter what, HTGTH was one of the first GN'R forums and was keeping the GN'R fanbase alive during the dark ages and I think we should all be grateful for that.

• Like 1

Guys lets not bash here. Remember were here for the music. I know it's frustrating when you post something and it gets deleted but I just explained why I think that was going on. 2 wrongs don't make a right. Lets keep it clean. There are other places to post your thoughts then HTGTH. If it was the only place, then you would have a good case

Edited by recklessroad
  • Like 2

At that time Slash had just put out his book too and there was a thread about it on HTGTH and I noticed Jarmo fighting with the people that supported Slash. He was not deleting the good things that people were saying about Slash, just disagreeing with them. I jumped in and had some words with him. I forgot what I said but it had something to do with that he should have some respect for Slash because if it weren't for Slash , his site wouldn't even be here. All the guys in the AFD lineup needed each other to get the band where it got to and no one should really be knocking anyone in the band. I also said that Slash was one of the hardest working members because he was working 24/7 and took care of a lot of the things that needed to be done to keep the band running. Also in the early days he did the a shit load of promoting on the phone to get people to come to the gigs. The rest of the band also helped do thing but Slash seam to be the one taking care of a lot of shit

I know this has nothing to do with the thread but I decided to highlight that sentence. Some people here (and other places) like to paint Slash like this wasted junkie who was simply unable to work back then while Axl was the one trying to move things forward. Not saying Slash was doing particularly great but these words coming from you Marc and many articles from the past are IMO proof enough Slash was not this unbearable horrible junkie. Also, seeing how today's Slash operates, it's clear the dude works hard for his music. Wish this "horrible, untrustworthy, unreliable junkie" talk would end by now. It's a completely distorted perception of what Slash was all about.

Thanks for all your answers, Marc :)

• Like 2

I agree with Marc about people bashing the old members. That is pointless. I think people do it in hopes of Axl /Team Brazil seeing their posts and inviting them backstage. Of course some of these people were barely out of diapers when AFD was popular. As far as Jarmo,it's his site so his rules. Traveling with and working for GNR in any capacity would be a dream come true for most fans so more power to him.

Edited by Subtle Signs

Do you prefer this site or that site? Im most prob. asking the wrong person, but is Jarmo's thinking about the old band correct? I know people can talk about Slash and all, but he does gets pissed off when someone says anything about Axl's band or why he is not releasing music. If you operate a forum, then you should be equal to everyone and not be biased towards the fans of Axl or Slash or Duff etc etc

This isn't about me ... this is about facts. It isn't true that Jarmo is not "allowing anybody to talk about the old ban, Slash or even be critical about anything related to Nu Guns."
If you want to know if I prefer this site or the other one, just look at my number of posts. Just because I like this site doesn't mean I have to bash other sites with lies.
Jarmo shows when he doesn't agree with other users ... that doesn't mean he doesn't allow people to talk about thoses topics.
Btw ... great post Marc. You do your best to make people understand that there's no boggie man around here, and that everybody have their motives ... It's quite understandable what you are saying about Beta ... just because she can't do it better (It must not be easy to deal with Axl) doesn't mean she's the devil ... the same with Jarmo ... everybody who knows him says he's not a bad guy.
People just need to have their devils ...

This isn't about me ... this is about facts. It isn't true that Jarmo is not "allowing anybody to talk about the old ban, Slash or even be critical about anything related to Nu Guns."
If you want to know if I prefer this site or the other one, just look at my number of posts. Just because I like this site doesn't mean I have to bash other sites with lies.
Jarmo shows when he doesn't agree with other users ... that doesn't mean he doesn't allow people to talk about thoses topics.

If you read my post correctly, I did say that I know he allows people to talk about Slash, I asked if you like this site or that site in the terms of your over all experience, I am not a member there, so how is your experience there? I din't even say you or anyone has to Bash other sites with lies, So I don't know how you came up with that. Yeah you do post here more, I don't know if you are an active member there, if you are then how it is like there? its just a simple question? Good, bad, ugly, great, awesome?

I could never understand the hatred by some GnR fans on the different GNR forums for Jarmo.

I may not agree with how Jarmo runs his forum but I have the choice to not post there which I don't.

Jarmo put a lot of his own time into building his forum and if he is able to benefit from it by getting access to his favorite band good for him.

If you don't like his moderating just don't go there and post. :shrugs:

It's not as radically censoring as the OP described it but Jarmo is indeed rude at times.

And its not like he got a couple concert tickets. Axl took him on tour visiting an incredible amount of countries and cities.

I agree that he is way too rude at times, most of the time he makes it look like Axl is on trial and he is Axl´s lawyer.

• Like 2

I could never understand the hatred by some GnR fans on the different GNR forums for Jarmo.

I may not agree with how Jarmo runs his forum but I have the choice to not post there which I don't.

Jarmo put a lot of his own time into building his forum and if he is able to benefit from it by getting access to his favorite band good for him.

I don´t understand Jarmo. I mean yes, he gets the chance to go on tour but with this current band and current Axl. If you ask me to chose between Jarmo and what he gets now and what Marc got in the 80s and 90s. I would chose what Marc got.

Guys lets not bash here. Remember were here for the music. I know it's frustrating when you post something and it gets deleted but I just explained why I think that was going on. 2 wrongs don't make a right. Lets keep it clean. There are other places to post your thoughts then HTGTH. If it was the only place, then you would have a good case

While I agree with you its still fun to bash jarmo the mascot

• Like 1

There is nothing sordid about Jarmo's site. Everything is based around decency and opinions formed from real life interactions.

The evolution of the site has come about through decency too, no smoke, mirrors or godly manipulation.

It is difference of opinion that causes any division.

Edited by Mysteron

I don´t understand Jarmo. I mean yes, he gets the chance to go on tour but with this current band and current Axl. If you ask me to chose between Jarmo and what he gets now and what Marc got in the 80s and 90s. I would chose what Marc got.

What is to understand? The guy created a forum about his favorite band and it got him special access to the band. He is not hurting anyone so why does anyone care?

Edited by classicrawker
  • Like 2

Marc I suppose you have no idea as to whether Beta or Axl read Jarmo's site these days. There used to be posts on there from Beta having a go at fans and telling them they're not real fans etc because of something they said which was negative. Not negative as in being rude but just some criticism, Axl's a man in his 50s & seems so much calmer these days so how likely is he to go crazy when he sees a negative post? Why can't he respond on that site to both good and bad comments, that's the most frustrating part that he doesn't post on forums which would only take a minute of his time every week if need be. If posts are being deleted so as not to upset him then what does he do when he's upset? Surely he's no longer into the screaming, smashing things stage - a lot of negative things are said about him due to there not being any contact from him at all, nothing, nada.

If he at least posted it would stop all these threads about his hair, about his "housekeeper", about Team Brazil & who's better Slash or Axl.

As far as taking sides it's as you say, they both contributed to creating a terrific band with songs we all know off by heart & it's THEIR fight - not ours.

What is to understand? The guy created a forum about his favorite band and it got him special access to the band. He is not hurting anyone so why does anyone care?

He is hurting Axl the same way all the other yes man are. I don´t get why he is such a taliban about this new band. I´m not asking him to be in favor of a reunion. But he doesn´t want to see things that are wrong. And even if he does see it he is pretenting not to.

• Like 1

He is hurting Axl the same way all the other yes man are. I don´t get why he is such a taliban about this new band. I´m not asking him to be in favor of a reunion. But he doesn´t want to see things that are wrong. And even if he does see it he is pretenting not to.

Come on now Axl is a grown man and I doubt Jarmo being a fan is actually hurting him in any way. Blaming Jarmo for Axl behavior is illogical. Axl would be who he is whether Jarmo supported him or not.

• Like 1

Come on now Axl is a grown man and I doubt Jarmo being a fan is actually hurting him in any way. Blaming Jarmo for Axl behavior is illogical. Axl would be who he is whether Jarmo supported him or not.

Axl is a grown up but he is not acting like it. For the last 25 years Axl has been listening to the wrong people. People who never say "no" and who never tell him when he does something wrong. So the last thing Axl needs is yet another ass kisser and Jarmo has become part of that group of people. So Jarmo is not exactly helping Axl nor the band that he claims to be a fan of