Axl at the NBA Finals 2001

WAR41

Hey Marc,

With the 2015 NBA Finals in full swing and its looking like the last 3 games of the series are going to be incredible, were you surprised like the rest of us that Axl was interviewed during the NBA Finals (I think it was Game 3 in Philly) back in 2001? Do you know who he attended the game with in Philadelphia? Do you remember if Axl was in Philadelphia at the time just to see the game, or was he there for other reasons as well?

Thanks Marc, hope you have a great weekend!

Here is the interview in case some of you have never seen it:

https://youtu.be/C5eFa6vUr-g

Sorry, I still don't know how to embed

lol, one of the comments:

SO OBVIOUS PEOPLE,,a TRUE fan knows its not him and he is not him,,NOT his voice,or his nose,not his eyebrows this guys all over he s an axl rose impersonator taking advatage of dumbshits who believe its really A.R....

• Like 4

Damn that dude is the closest freakin' Clone I've ever seen, but that's not Axl unless he changed the shape of his skull,eyes,shaved his eyebrows,and started talking like a pussy. Plus that shy smirk when he's introduced as lead singer for Gn'R..... No way is that Axl "Cocky" Rose! By the way, for all you brainiacs out there, anyone can draw on a fake Tattoo. Take 2 more minutes and watch any interview w/ Axl and listen to his voice, not to mention this guy is about 32 yrs old and it's 2001?

:rofl-lol:

umm, people keep asking why Axl looks so different here. well during this period Axl suffered from some minor cancer, so the medication and stuff slightly changed his image. Since He's fully ok now and obviuosly his eyebrows and face has gone back to his original form. If you look at his pictures now he doesn't look that different from 15 years ago, just the facial hair may make him look different and much older.

:facepalm:

Probably THE most obscure Axl Rose interview. I have so many questions to which I know I will never receive the answers to. First of all, he's at a Basketball game (?) He hasn't given a proper interview since the Illusion Tours in the early 90's, then seemingly our of nowhere he grants an interview to a local NBC affiliate - not even the main network (?) He seems completely aloof to whats going on (?) His strange appearance (?) Where are the eyebrows (?) I could go on...

He's not allowed to go to a NBA game because he's a rockstar and he's not supposed to do that? :blink:

• Like 1